Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Peach-infused oudh with orange blossom.

Peach IV: Its a gorgeous, resinous, hippie peach.

Oudhs can vary in depth and mixture, in my experience. This oudh is particularly deep..smells exactly like a collection of incenses from india, nepal, etc, with a touch of vetiver. I thought I smelled Nag Champa when 1st applied. The peach is syrupy and ripe, a la Peach I 2013 or Grand Guignol. It gets way behind the oudh in drydown, same with the orange blossom. Hence, it mellows to a daydreamy sweet oudh. Overall, I'm very happy with this one! :wub2:

This is so gorgeous! Thank you fairy, for procuring for me.

I really like this oudh, or maybe it's the combination of peach with it, but it is drop-dead sexy. At first, I only get the peach, then a little oudh. Only later do I get the orange blossom, which isn't cloying at all; it reminds me of spring in Florida when the orange trees are blossoming and you get a whiff in the air. After it's dried, Peach IV is a very dreamy and a hazy scent; it's like looking through of piece of gauze billowing in the wind while the censor is spiraling expensive incense.

In The Bottle: The incense-y vibe, combined with the orange blossom remind me more than a little of Rich Hippie's Kalachakra. This is a wonderful comparison and also, anyone that can't get their hands on the ridiculously-priced $750 bottle, the sniff from Peach IV is a fabulous substitute!

Wet On Skin: It's become soft and powdery now- not baby powder, but the kinds of dusting powders ladies used to keep at their dressing tables with big, fluffy puffs.

Dry Down: I get no peach from this. It's morphed slightly and become a soft, floral incense.

In All: Low throw, definitely a "skin" scent, as it stays very close to the skin. There's something that feels poignant to me, like I would wear this while listening to "Summertime Sadness" by Lana Del Rey. It's beautiful and sweet and very unassuming. Just lovely.

I'm reviewing a friend's bottle. I would have picked this up myself if orange blossom didn't go all orange lollipops on me sometimes, but the blend is still a glorious hippie peach.

The scent is as described: oudh-dominant with peach and neroli. The oudh smells warm, earthy, and woody and puts across the idea of hippie without resorting to patchouli. The orange blossom is quite strong in the initial wave of scent, but quickly calms on my skin into a dull orange glow.

After a half hour, the peach is subtle and orange blossom nearly gone. This approaches an oudh single note on me thereafter. It simmers down to a close skin scent by two hours.

I have to agree with SophieCedar above re the touch of vetiver.  I am getting a major headache wearing this.  All the Oudh all the time... with a hint of vetiver.  And maybe a whiff of peach early on.  This does not work on me.  My bottle is 7 yrs old {I had a fairy in 2016 for peachy goodness} and I don't think I ever even tried this one before hoping that aging would mellow it.  Alas no.  I want to wash it off 😞