Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A sparkling peach aldehyde with jasmine, green tea absolute, pink grapefruit, yuzu fruit, and frankincense.

Gratitude for my fairy again. I couldn't decide on which peaches to get this year so ordered one of each. All the peaches had notes that sounded nom and notes that I avoid. I love peach. I love jasmine. I like frank and tea but the words sparkling and aldehyde {aka soapy waxy lemony} are usually the death knell of a scent.

When I opened my package and for the week immediately after this is the bottle I most disliked but now

In the bottle the peach is thick and jammy almost candied sweet.

Fresh on the skin the aldehyde bit is struggling to dominance. I get the lemon {and grapefruit and yuzu} that wants to verge on soap.

I haven't done a full on wear of this one yet. I will report back when I do so. I am kinda scared to put it on and be stuck at work wearing expensive smelling hotel citron based soap.

It is oddly compelling however but I may wait another week {and Saturday} to give it a real go.

It is much more wearable than the champagne peach from first year that shares it's number. I think if you liked that one you would also like this one. The jasmine is not being picked up on by my nose. And I like jasmine :-)

This was the first DragonCon I was not able to attend in many years so I asked a friend who was going to pick me up a Peach Pit exclusive to make me feel better.

After going over the options, I decided on Peach III since it was unlike any other fragrance I had. (I need to make an effort to get away from the gourmands. lol)

I don't usually blind buy, unless it's an imp, but I trusted BPAL to treat me right. :)

In the bottle: Sour fertilizer. I immediately thought, "Oh no. I've made a huge mistake. This is horrible..." I was quite disappointed and convinced that I had made an error.

On the skin: MUCH BETTER.

I told myself just to try it on and see if it gets better. Oh boy, does it. The Peach is very candy like. Almost like a peach jam or pie filling. The grapefruit is very clean and soapy. It seems like the frankincense and jasmine were after thoughts. It gets pretty heady for the first part of the day, but the dry down gets very soft and feminine. You smell the jasmine in an hour or so.

It's not a weak scent. I don't hate it, I feel like, even though it's got peach and citrus, it could be worn in colder weather. I'll keep this around and maybe try and layer it with my trusty gourmands.

Edited by jedimermaid

Peach, green tea, jasmine and a touch of frankincense. On wet, it was much more of a peach gelee, with citrust notes, and then the jasmine and frankincense came out. Medium throw and wear length.

The aldehydes make this soapy and dry, like smelling laundry soap powder, and the sharp citrus notes completely overwhelm the peach on my skin. It winds up smelling mostly like a lemon scented soap powder. Very tart and very not me.

I'm on a hunt for amazing peach scents. So there is not a single Dragoncon I do not want to sniff. So - Bottle swapped for one. I'm VERY concerned about the Jasmine, as I haven't found a single blend with Jasmine I can wear happily. This scent however, may be that exception to prove the rule.

This is a zippy, bright, tart citrus first, with juicy fruit sweetness underneath. It is not peach prominent, but it IS there strongly for me. Jasmine is not a prominent note, thank god, but is a backer playing well to tie everything together with a soft white light. I don't notice the green tea much - except that I felt this peach was unripe. Everything in this scent feels like an ALMOST ripe note - as in it's still green, living, pulsing.

This is really beautiful to me. The more I inhale the more it grows on me. Jasmine usually gets cloying/heading/up-in-my-face in a way I despise. But this scent is blended together in a way that I barely notice the Jasmine. It adds a feminine element to the blend that I think otherwise would be too bitter from the citrus prominence. I'm really fascinated by how these notes are blending and playing so well together on me. Yum.

Like it a lot.

In the bottle, I smell the peach aldehyde, jasmine, green tea, grapefruit, and yuzu, but no frankincense.

On me, the yuzu and grapefruit are the most prominent notes at first, backed by the sweet peach. After a little bit, the jasmine emerges, and not much longer after that, it ends up taking over, with the citrus and peach lingering behind it. After a few hours, most of the citrus fades, and I'm left with the jasmine, aldehyde, which is more aldehyde now than peach, some frankincense, and a whiff of yuzu. The jasmine is soft, but the dominant note, and there's something in this that smells kind of plastic-y on me with a hint of pencil eraser... maybe something to do with the aldehyde aspect and the frankincense?

This one started off promising, with its citrus and peach, my skin chemistry seems to have ruined it. This peach is not for me. :(