Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Peach with white pear, rose musk, tobacco leaf, hay absolute, dried ruby fruits, and vanilla cream.

I went to the con looking to pick my favorite among those that caught my eye and Peach I was the winner on all fronts. I really loved IX last year, with that rose musk, and Peach I did not disappoint.

This starts off very ruby-fruit forward and fruity. No single fruit ever comes out, though, which I'm grateful for as I'm not suuuuper fond of fruit-heavy scents. The fruit quickly mellows into a warm sweetness, again, I couldn't compare it to any particular fruit but it is definitely ruby in tone, and softens to let more of the rose musk and white pear come forward with the cream. This scent is very creamy and warm, sweet but not syrupy, fruity but not foodie, and gently, softly floral...it's a perfect late summer/early fall scent, a little reminiscent of a warm pie or cobbler at the end of a cookout.

I'm having trouble describing it further because it's so well blended but this is a gorgeous scent.

I have a confession. Sometimes I wrestle with myself about writing a glowing review because I know it'll make it that much harder for me to locate a backup bottle...this is one of those. Hhahaahahaa... anyways...Can't help but always be honest, so here it goes *le sigh*.

OMG. Peach 1 2016 is THE SHIT. I am head over heels in love with it. Like, literally gaga. Its the perfect storm, on my skin and has rocketed to the top of my bpal favorites list as soon as this sneaky little gal hit my skin.

The rose musk has found perfect friends. White pear can go acidic on me in milliseconds...but its so compatible with everything here, I've completely changed my mind on my crappy relationship with pear. While peach isn't the 1st note that comes to mind when I sniff, it nevertheless is a large contributing factor to the win. Its so well blended, the only thing I can visually compare it to is watching a euphoric cult clan dancing in a ring, covered in flowers, love & unbridled joy. Its a perfect sweet, pink-toned, summery, rose musk scent. LOVE. :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Edited by SophieCedar

Of the peach blends listed for the con this year, this was the only one I felt sure I'd like. It went better than that: I love it.

Peach I is a juicy peach note blending into a wet, glistening pear, which reminds me of the pear in The Virgin and the Unicorn. This mingles closely with a pretty and bright red rose musk and red fruits that might include a teeny bit of cherry, but give no impression of cough syrup.

As Peach I starts to dry, its vanilla cream comes forward, which is gorgeous, and the rose-tinged musk also steps up front. I don't smell anything identifiable at first as tobacco or hay, but the blend as a whole smells lightly grounded in a warm-toned _something_. After the blend has been dry for some time, I can kinda pick out tobacco and hay, but they are still very much in support, and not standout notes. They come across together to me as warm, dried leaves of no particular species. After a few hours on my skin, the tobacco amps to the fore, beautifully supported by the rest.

Peach I smells both a little playful and a little mature -- it's not like the young girl or the woman in her thirties, but like the young woman in her twenties for whom anything may happen.

I regret only having one bottle.

Edited by Casablanca

My kind fairy picked up each of the peaches for me mainly because I couldn't decide which I wanted.

First pear does not work on me imo and the cream notes tend to be iffy on me [rancied overpowering clotted cream or just creamy cream] Really the only note other than peach that caught my attention was the rose musk

In the bottle I got rosy peach cream but nothing that was insisting I put it on.

On me I find it pretty nondescript. I actually didn't think it had much lasting power or throw but then the check out gal at grocers complimented me on it @ 6 hours after putting it on and I turned to husband saying I was surprised she even noticed it. He too said he could smell it and he liked it.

I guess I get a rose musk with the peach lightening it up a bit. I don't necessarily get ruby fruits, tobacco, or hay from it. The peach - rose combo makes it playful and feminine

With the exception of peach {which sucks me in every time}I tend to go for big florientals. Because this one smells gentler to my nose I think of it as very ladylike. NOT old lady but not yet refined or jaded well

I really, really love Peach I and am so grateful to my D*Con fairy for picking it up for me. I was excited after reading all the notes, but I have to say that what I actually smell isn't really identifiable as any of those things. XD It's actually kind of weird.

I mean, yes, I can tell this is a peach blend. But something about the way the other notes combine is unexpected and magical. I definitely get a musk note, but I don't get any identifiable "rose"; I think the rose is helping to temper the other notes into something really well grounded. I don't get anything overly sweet like I sometimes do from "cream" notes; again, I think that vanilla just lays down the foundation for something warm. It's a fascinating blend, really, in that it smells AMAZING but, uh, doesn't really smell "like anything," if you get my drift.

Sillage is fair, but this is a scent that you want to stay close to the skin so you don't have to waste any by sharing it with others.

I wish I were better at this today, because it is one of my favorite Lab blends in a long, long time.

This has likely not rested long enough for me to test. And it's cold in my house. But I don't care! I am a sucker for all these notes except pear, which is kind of meh on me.

Wet: And pear is what I get most of. Of course! Pure candied pear. And cat pee?? Whaaat?

Dry: A BIT of the vanilla cream comes through, but this is still mostly a pear scent on me. I may test again another day when this has settled more, but so far I am thinking this one is not for me, sadly. Still so grateful to my fairy for it!

I can't pick out most of the notes listed for this one (no peach, no tobacco, no hay, no vanilla). I do get a candy-sweet, syrupy pear note, mixed with the red rose musk. I don't smell red fruits either, but maybe that's what gives the rose in this a sweet, glistening, deep red, rose jam feel. The perfumey musk keeps it from being sickly sweet.

It kind of smells like rose jam and pear jelly with a musky perfume spilled over them.

Source: Forum swap

Preconception: Flipping LOVE peach and fruity blends. Vanilla creams are to die for. Rose can amp but 70% of the time I love it anyways. Tobacco is my newest adoration. I'm hoping to loooove this scent. Only thing I'm worried about is Hay. It seems to go weird on me. But based on other reviews I'm assuming it will be peach/rose heavy and Im not worried about the hay.

Bottle: Amazingly fruity plump creamy beautiful.

Skin: Kind of does a vanishing act on first apply. Just a really faint cream with hints of peachy ripe fruits.

Drydown: Red rose fruit. If roses had fruits, this would be the smell. Rose with a vanilla edge, and a fruity pulse. Surprisingly beautiful. Not as peach heavy as I was hoping. Now I just really want a peach-tobacco scent (and am going to go googling to see if it exists) because that's what I got all hyped up for.

Late drydown: ... Hi hay. Plastic playdough weirdness on the menu again? Yep? Yep.

Verdict; Beautiful feminine red rose, with deep velvet fruits, and a gentle sweet vanilla down. Assuming Hay doesn't do weird things on you, it's beautiful.

Edited by Aveya