Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Hattress

The Sharing of the Cake Between the Lion and the Unicorn Hair Gloss

Honey cake hair gloss.

So. Sharing of the Cake between the Lion and the Unicorn.

When I first sprayed it, all I could think was that this smelled like the White Bees Swarming HG. I'd say it's the same honey note, and just like with White Bees Swarming, it's potent. I got a whiff before the mist of spray settled and was almost knocked over by how strong the honey is.

After a minute, though, the cake came out and it turned into a nice, sweet blend that doesn't tip over into more cloying, headache-y territory. The honey stays prominent.

Oh, and this does not smell like Eat Me's cake note. Sharing of the Cake isn't as much of an in-your-face "THIS IS CAKE" kind of scent. Coworkers and friends aren't going to wonder if you smashed up a cupcake in your hair or anything, and I really like that. It's a gentle, wearable scent. I'd say medium throw; it sticks pretty close to my hair, but every now and then I get a whiff of it after turning my head.

The honey is so strong at first! But like Hattress said once on the cake comes out more. I've never smelled Eat Me so I can't compare, but this reminds me of Cockaigne. Not exactly the same, but definitely similar. It's sweet and not super cakey, rich and decadent. I feel like this could suit a lot of moods and go with a lot of scents. It's foodie but not intensely so to me, and doesn't seem like it would overwhelm most scents.

Oh yum!! This is so good. The honey note in this is a little bit floral/perfumey to my nose, which keeps this from being crazy foodie. The cake is rich and vanillic without being buttery. So so good. Exactly as promised. Perfection!

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: While I like honey in small doses and I like cake in some blends, this was a bit of a shot in the dark as far as two kind-of-good scents together with no other players. But I love Alice in Wonderland so that tipped the scales into trying it.

In the Bottle: Rich, in-your-face honey with a bit of cake in the undertone. I agree that it smells different from the cake in Eat Me, less vanilla.

Wet: Very honey. Very, very honey. With a bit of cake. Something in here had my husband complaining that I made him sneeze, but that could have been the just-sprayed state more than the notes.

Dry: Once dry, the scent calms down a lot and is much more subtle on me than I would have thought. I think this will definitely be wearable for work.

Verdict: I definitely like it and recommend it to anyone who is a fan of honey.

I already have Honey HG and White Bees Swarming HG, so I was worried this new one might feel redundant. But I'm so glad I took a chance! This is much more identifiable as a cake scent than a honey scent. Yes, it's a honey cake, but that gourmand foody note is prominent to my nose. There's a slight almond-and-cream smell it there, too, so it definitely smells edible. It also lasts forever in my hair, with moderate throw. Good stuff.

This is SO good. It smells like some kind of yellow angel cake doused in honey :heart: When I shampoo, I focus on my roots so I don't dry out the ends of my long hair (reaches past my bra), but unlike other HGs, I can smell this on my hair when I'm washing my hair the next day or even the day after! I'm using my usual 4 spritzes of HG too. Pretty amazing longevity with moderate throw. I'd love to buy another bottle of this but I have too many HGs now :'(

LOVELOVELOVE! Honey notes can sometimes smell green or waxy or indolic (kinda pissy :) on me. This, though, is amazingness. The honey is golden, sweet, and earthy. The cake note is rich and dense, but not buttery. I imagine it to be made like a pudding cake, but with a sticky honey liquor infusion and glaze. I want to hoard this! It will layer with everything!

A dense slice of moist yellow cake absolutely dripping with thick golden honey. This is a heavy, sweet, foodie scent. My skin chemistry turns the cake in Eat Me to powdery dry crumbs but the cake in Sharing is a surprise winner and will be happily worn especially in cooler weather. It might be a bit too much on hot days for me.

Definitely a lovely creamy sweet cake. Mine seems to be dusted with just a touch of cinnamon - quite nice! I agree it seems more of a cool weather scent, but it will complement so many things. I would love to try it with Bengal, my go-to fall scent.

This is stunning - I'm a little odd in that I don't really care for perfumes that taste overly foodie, but I'm finding that some of my favorite HGs are the foodier ones! This on me is mostly honey; the cake is definitely not coming to the forefront. But, the honey is the gorgeous kind that almost reminds me of baklava (it doesn't have the pastry note of baklava though, that's just the only thing I've eaten where the honey tastes like this smells) - it's got a hint of cinnamon, and a little bit of nuttiness, and it's just so. delicious. I'm so glad to have snagged a bottle of this!

In the bottle, it's very strong honey cake (lots of honey and yellow cake).

In my dry hair, honey reigns at first, but then the cake note emerges after a few minutes, making it sufficiently foody and not just a honey hair gloss. (I tried it the day before on my wet hair, but I didn't get any of the scent after the initial application.)

It ends up being a honey cake scent, and in my dry hair, the lovely scent of honey cake has lasted all day. I was a bit worried that it would be primarily a honey hair gloss from some of the reviews, but this is definitely a delicious honey cake on me, with no shortage of buttery, yellow cake.

I am really happy to have some of this (because of honey cake and because of my love for Alice)! :wub2: I think it will pair perfectly with Bienenstich.

I see some comparisons to yellow cake and honey, but to me this is closer to the honey buns by Little Debbie or something. The cake note doesn't smell like it's fresh from the oven, definitely processed with tons of raw honey and sweet vanilla icing. I'm getting more of the cake and icing than the honey, but I feel like you could spray another honey hair gloss on top of this if you are craving more of that note.

It smells so sweet, if this was actual honey cakes I'd get an instant toothache. It's extremely foodie, but I love it. Since this doesn't have too many notes in here, I think this would pair beautifully with most cake or honey scents, even some florals! I'm wearing this with Honeysuckle and Wisteria and it goes so well together. One of my favorite hair glosses for sure, so simple but so gorgeous!