Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
puck_nc

Allegory of Purity Hair Gloss

White tea and gardenia softly glowing with opal iris, white musk, and lavender.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: I love gardenia and lavender. I can do white musk. Nothing against iris and tea. Worth a try.

In the Bottle: Very strong in the lavender department, with some tea in there as well. If it stays like this, it has potential in my bedtime routine.

On Wet Hair: I get a huge blast of lemon from somewhere, and then it settles into lavender and gardenia.

After Blowdrying: It ends up a pretty quiet scent. The tea emerges and and has the florals dancing all around it. The musk is a soft note in the blend.

Verdict: If you're looking for a sophisticated floral that isn't too powerful to wear to work, this might be it for you. I'm definitely keeping my bottle - we'll see if I need a backup.

Alright, I wasn't entirely sure that I would like this, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I do. Neither gardenia nor white musk are good notes on me.

So for me, this is a slightly lavender, gardenia and iris with a tinge of white tea. It smells like clean white florals, but the lavender gives it a nice dreamy edge. It smells nice and sophisticated, like you just had a blow out at a salon.

Very appropriate for the office/work.

I love gardenia, and had high hopes for the white tea and lavender being added in. Iris I am indifferent to, and white musk, since this isn't going on my skin, shouldn't have been a problem.

I got very little, if any gardenia at all. The lavender, likewise, seems to have fallen off the back of the scent and been lost. The white tea is faint and adds only a little bit of sharpness to what ends up being a heavily powdery, lightly floral, vaguely sweet-ish scent.

Goes directly onto the swap pile.

This is nothing but death notes on me, and unsurprisingly gives me a headache. It's a mess of sharp white florals, cheap and screechy white musk, and sharp, citrusy white tea. I only sprayed this on my arm and had to wash it off after about fifteen minutes.

So I hate lavender so I did not have high expectations but this was my favorite HG of the unicorns.
A smooth floral with a slight sharpness that fades quickly leaving a generally pretty scent of clean floral with tea.

Opening is clean musk with a hint of gardenia. After that mild tea takes over, eventually settling into sweet white floral and tea blend.

Edited by Convallaria