Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LizziesLuck

Kill-Devil Hair Gloss

Rum punch is not improperly called Kill-Devil; for thousands lose their lives by its means. When newcomers use it to the least excess, they expose themselves to imminent peril, for it heats the blood and brings on fevers, which in a very few hours send them to their graves. Sugar cane, molasses, oak wood, and honey.

Kill-Devil perfume is not good on my skin. My chemistry turns it weird and dusty with hints of burnt sugar.

BUT I knew from experience I don't have those same issues with HG, and this sounded like the perfect, sweet gloss. And it is. Primarily sugar cane, to my nose, with hints of oak, a slightly floral/lemony honey, and a bit of the depth of the molasses. It's perfect, it will literally go with any scent that has some sweetness (which is pretty much my entire collection). Thanks to everyone who voted for this, as I am so so happy to have it!

I was lucky to get this on the trading post's etsy page. This is amazing and I wish I had bought more bottles because I will be devastated when it runs out. It is a lot like sugar skull, but with more depth. I haven't tried the GC Kill Devil oil so I can't compare it to that, but it is a wonderful sugar blend, without being toothachy sweet. To me, the molasses and oak were strong and the sugar was the nice, warm burnt sugar. Honey isn't usually a note that my nose likes, but it is well balanced here. Very easily one of my favorites so far! Scent is long lasting. It is a hair gloss I will certainly reach for often! :wub3:

Molasses, honey, and oak. Kill-Devil as a perfume didn't work out for me. But there's this dusty old-west/pirate thing going on with the hair gloss despite the sweetness. Dark rummy sugar is what I originally thought.

I was gifted a decant of this by my Switch Witch!

Smells like brown caramelized sugar, sweet honey, and just a touch of oak wood. It reminds me of Sugar Skull but not as sweet, or Hellcat but not as foody. It kind of reminds me of Christmas but I can't put my finger on why.