Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White leather, opal musk, and amber-limned rose.

Wet on my skin, roses and soft leather remind me of The Book. This isn't a bad thing, because that's my favorite rose blend to date. The roses lean more pink than I anticipated, but as in The Book, it kind of smells to me like there might be some red in there, too. I smell white leather and sometimes smell a soft, light tan leather with it. It gives the white leather more depth.

Drying, Boticelli's Unicorn is like The Book with less vanilla and more amber and musk. The opal musk. There's something a little fruity-floral in it, something that smells to me like a tiny red-purple gleam almost lost amongst the dominant notes, but mostly, this is roses wrapped in soft, pale leather.

I love this.

While I love all three notes, I worried when I ordered that they might become a bit too strong and overwhelming when combined. Turns out that fear was needless, as this is anything but in-your-face. In fact, I almost wish it was a little MORE in my face. Upon opening the bottle, it took a long time to really get a feel for the smell because it's so understated. On the skin, the leather is predominant while the rose sharpens it just slightly (though this is not at all a sharp scent). The leather is worn and comfortable - I can't say I'm sure I know the difference between white leather and tan leather (or any other leather, for that matter), but this reminds me of an old worn-in saddle and riding a unicorn through a forest full of wild roses. That probably sounds a little strange, but so it goes. If the opal musk is there, I'm not quite sure where to find it. Perhaps it also aids in making the leather feel so worn in and aged in the best way, but I'm not sure.

This is a scent that wears very close to the skin. I pretty much slathered and I'm still not getting random whiffs of it unless I sniff my wrist up close. While I'd love if it did sort of jump out at you a bit more, I also like the idea of this as a skin scent because that makes it almost sexy. The longevity is a bit lacking - my skin eats this one up in a matter of 2ish hours - but it's a truly beautiful blend and I'm so glad I blind bought a bottle.

The opening combination of musk and rose is strange if pleasant - it reminds me of fabric, cotton perhaps. Leather comes out to play soon after, but thankfully it doesn't take over completely - not that I have anything against leather, but I already have several leather scents and there's only so much variety you can get. I also feared that it would overpower the rose, but that's not the case - different notes become prominent in different stages, but they are really well blended overall. The drydown is on the stronger side, if close to the skin, and long-lasting on me.

Edited by Convallaria

Rose and musk are prominent. Leather is there but not very strong.

It must be the Opal Musk that makes this scent smell old-fashioned/antique.

To me this is an antique rose scent. It's a bit of an odd scent so I've tested it twice but I can't decide if I like it or not.

Certainly not enough that I'd ever reach for it.

I love the white leather in The White Rider (GC - Marchen blend); it's like the softest buttery suede note ever. This isn't strongly leathery on me, though, and I'm not loving the rose note, which is going kind of sharp and sour on my skin. The musk gives it a bit of a perfumey, powdery dryness.

Mostly a warm, dry, sharp & sour red rose scent on my skin. Only lasted a couple hours, and I find myself wishing it had more leather and more sweetness to it.

Wet on skin, I get a wicked leather rose. This leather isn't your typical hide, it is that buttery, soft pearlized leather that you want to stroke, touch and make a catsuit with right MEOW~ I'm getting a refined mix of amber, rose and pearled leather.

I have tried SO MANY rose and leather blends at this point, and have passed them on. Not with this one. Botticelli's Unicorn will become the sole bottle of rose in my collection. I fits my chemistry perfectly, but I suspect because of the amber lime application on the rose, it morphs into almost a glowing, musky blossom tucked into the unicorn's white leather saddle. Just the tiniest bit of unicorn sweat is coming through the saddle, creating magic as I hold on tight to the animal's horn. :glomp:

Edited by Jenjin

When I first put this on I thought it was very similar to The Book from this year's Lupercalia collection. So I tested them side by side.

This is like a slightly more subtle Book; the rose is less forward and it is less sweet than Book. Other than that they are definitely in the same family.

Musky rose, touch of amber and leather. If you were looking for a feminine leather, and liked Whip but wished it were softer, give this a whirl. Good throw and wear length.

I agree with those above who compare this perfume to The Book from Florette's Purple Snails. The leather in this blend is much softer, however, and the rose is very well blended with the amber. It's a pink, vulnerable, warm, and feminine scent. I didn't purchase it in the end, because I already have The Book and they are in a very specialized family for my collection, but if The Book was too strong on rose or leather for you, or if you want a new rose/soft suede scent, I highly recommend this. It's beautiful and lasts and lasts.

ahh this starts out beautifully! i get rose, musk and a hint of white leather. i am loving this, and hoping it doesn't change too much. a little bit more amber comes out and the scent gets even better. i definitely need a bottle of this one.

Georgeoussssss! 

Soft, creamy, almost dusty vintage white leather gloves with rose. The amber and white musk are blending everything together and making me feel like I should be wearing a long strand of pearls.