Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A sugared rainbow: strawberry, blood orange, lemon peel, lime, blueberry, raspberry, and blackcurrant.

Really nervous about being the first to review, but....this scent!

In the bottle it's a veritable explosion of skittles goodness (confirmed by husband who thinks a lot of BPAL is 'babypowder')

On the skin, I smell the blueberry, raspberry, lemon and lime. It's a sugary rainbowy skittles sweet fun-time scent. I want to cover my black heart in rainbows and butterflies and run around giving people candy. The lemon-lime gives it a soda-y kinda effervescence and tang. Smells like Sprite with raspberries and blueberries, totally a good thing in my opinion.

I have a sinking feeling it'll be eaten up by my skin, but I don't regret blind-buying this bottle.

IN THE BOTTLE:

You know when you spill the rainbow-candy-bag into your mouth? All the fruity flavors flood together into something even more amazing! Bottle sniff smells similar to this "taste the rainbow" explosion.

WET:

Fizzy lemon, raspberry, strawberry, blueberry suicide melting into a glittering, sugar mountain.

DRY:

Gorgeous, bright fruit. I'm getting predominately a raspberry note in the end with just a wee bit of fizzle in it. After 3 hours, I swear it turns into a soft, perfect raspberry cotton candy. Nom-nom! It never ventures into heavy, syrupy territory and remains bright and sparkling all the way through, without going bitter or powdery. I'm certain this will be incredible for laying with vanilla and coconut creams.
NOTES:

This is straight up happiness in a bottle yall. I'm telling you, if you've had a bad day, reach for this unicorn bitch and breathe. She will take you on a journey back in time, to when you were a kid, still pretending. When you weren't sure what was real, and what was actually a dream. Wrap your arms around this unicorn's neck and hold on tight because the ride across the rainbow can be bliss.

Edited by Jenjin

I expected tis to be similar to other fruity/Froot Loop-y types scents, like Cheshire Moon. I expected a sugary-sweet explosion of crystalline candies in glittering fruit-shapes.

In fact, this scent turned out to be a study in subtlety. Even when I sniffed from the bottle, even when the oil was still wet and slick on my skin, it was all soft, natural fruits, melding gently, caressing my skin.

It's a skin scent, meaning the low is incredibly throw, the scent clings close. Five minutes after application, I had to put my wrist right up to my nose to really huff. That said, it hung around for hours, even after I washed the area twice. It has the distinction of being long-lasting while still being so soft and gentle.

In all, a beautiful late-summer scent. <3

Whoa lime! Whoa orange candy! Whoa lemon candy! Whoa Skittles. Whoa raspberry candy! Whoa powdered sugar! Whoa rainbow Snowcone! Whoa fruit punch with extra sugar!

*waits a few minutes* Whoa, things are getting fizzy now. It's so fizzy! I feel like I put ten Lush bath bombs in the tub and they are all fizzing around me, while I drink sparkling cider.

Powdered sugar is snowing down on me. Now my whole neighborhood is blanketed in powdered sugar. It's up to the windows now. It's sticking to my eyelashes and now it's gone.

Now I am holding the candy dip stick that comes with a package of Fun Dip candy. There is no Fun Dip, just the stick. The stick is the best part anyway. It's still kind of fizzy though. How is fizzy a smell? I don't know, but it is.

I love this so much. It never gets syrupy like Sugar Skull and Sticky Pillow Case used to do. It's truly a work of art and it makes me so happy to smell it. This must be what my dog feels like when she smells something so good, it makes her want to roll around in it.

After seeing some of the reviews mention Skittles, I was so scared. Not a big fan of Skittles at all, so wasn't expecting to love this scent.

Boy, was I wrong. This scent smells EXACTLY like a melted snow cone! Blueberry and Cherry goodness with just the right amount of sweet syrupyness.

This scent is so different from any BPAL I have ever tried - and to be honest I typically tend to love woodsy scents, but this one is to die for. Might be up in my top 5.

Reminds me a little of Fruit Stripe gum we had as kids, but chewed while drinking warm 7-Up on a hot summer night. Totally fun, carefree, and sweet.

ya know when Beth and Brian name something Bitches Love Unicorns you just HAVE to get it!!!!!!!!!

In the Bottle: fizzy sweet tarts!!!

Wet on me: Sweet tarts dropped in 7up!

Drying Down: Happy Fruit-y goodness.

Dry: smooth light happy fruit sunshine on me!

you just can't be sad wearing a scent like this! This Bitch LOVES this Unicorn!

Opening this bottle for the first time was like stepping through a portal to 1984. I can picture a plastic book bag clip that I used to have, which was dark purple with a mirror in the middle, and little holes around the mirror where you'd snap in tiny button charms. I can also picture my sticker collection, all my Breyer horses, and the purple ink pen that was also a bracelet.

When I decided to wear this today, I smelled like I had smeared fruit and sugar all over myself, but in a good way. The fruits soon settled beneath the sugar and it's close to what I once imagined Sugar Skull would be like. I'm going to layer it with Sugar Skull when I get a chance.

After suffering a migraine for the last two days, I needed this. It's not at all overpowering and it boosted my mood. Somehow, in spite of the images it evokes, I don't feel like an eleven-year-old wearing a perfume that was made for preteens. It's... a lighthearted scent for the eleven-year-old in you?

Starts out super-fruity and slightly fizzy, then goes to a lovely sugar. Playful and fun. Kinda reminds me of Pet Magah Bird without the nuts. If you like fruit scents, you will probably love this. Also, goes great in this hot weather!

Sugared fruity rainbow. The "Sugared" is a lot like the sugar in Hope & Faith. I don't get fizz, but I get the similarity to 7Up & FruitStripe gum. Light, fun, sweet.

Wet on my skin, Bitches is a light, fizzy burst of sugared lemon and lime, like a non-diet 7-Up, and a medley of other fruits behind them. I smell strawberry and blood orange predominantly among the other fruits -- I don't think I'd have found blueberry, raspberry, or black currant without the notes list.

The sugary note smells like liquid sugar -- like simple syrup -- with no sugar-crystal edge or graininess to it. Actually, it reminds me of caramelized sugar.

Bitches dries on my skin into a little more fizz and a little less fruit. I wish it had gone the other way...

A fun blend with a short life on me. Gone in about 30 minutes.

Glad that I was able to get a decant of this, because powdered sugar and cotton candy sounded good to me, but I tend to not like really syrupy, artificial, fruit candy scents, fizzy scents, or chewing gum, so the reviews had me nervous. On me, this starts off as cloying strawberry flavored gum, sticky fruit punch, and powdery sweet tarts candies with a hint of fizzy gingerale. Dries down to a powdery fruit candy (the sweet tarts impression is accurate for me) and fades really quickly around the one hour mark. I wanted it to be more juicy smelling and more of the cotton candy/powdered sugar aspect that others had mentioned, but it doesn't really work on me.

Oil: Light yellow, thin and runny. Be careful when applying.

Wet: Skittles! Lovely, happy, sugary Skittles! Skittles you eat at the movie theater during the happy part of a Disney movie. This smells like candy in the best way.

Dry: Faded down a bit. Still wonderfully sugary and fruity, but in a less candy-like way.

Way later: The scent's only on my skin now and I have to hold my wrists right under my nose to smell. Still very sweet. I know I've smelt something like this before but i can't remember what.

As Jenjin stated above, this is what bottled happiness smells like. If my Beanie Baby unicorn with the rainbow mane and tail had a smell, it would be this.

Strawberry, raspberry, blueberry. It smells like fruity sherbet or Jolly Rancher flavors. If you love sugary and fruity, this is for you. Good throw and wear length.

I feel like my experience is not the same as everyone else's. Bitches starts with lime / lemon-lime, but on me, it's sort of... waxy. Syrupy, maybe? It briefly explodes into the full rainbow, but I feel like that sort of waxy lime-lemon stays at the forefront. I think it's actually the blood orange--it's one of those notes I always want to love but never quite blossoms into what I expect (looking at you, Akuma). And then, it smells salty. (???!) Like, a rainbow-colored Lush bath bomb with big grains of salt--a margarita bath bomb. Kind of similar to Philosophy's margarita shower gel. I don't especially like lime, and smelling salty is pretty freakin' weird, if you ask me, but... I actually like this. Or, I'm at least fascinated by it. Also, it's low-throw, which adds to its mystique. I have to really get close to sniff it. Also, while trying to decide if my nose is broken, I gave my applicator toothpick a sniff, and it was PURE Lime Chiffon. Like, 1985 Lime Chiffon with her parrot and weird hat. (I still have one, so I feel pretty confident in this comparison.)

Dries down to a powdery lime -- the pressed-sugar Lik-M-Aid Fun Dip stick with a just a whisper of lime powder residue on it.

This smells like a pack of skittles. Cherry, lemon, grape, lime, orange. On me, smells the same. Fruity, sugary rush! Too bad it gives me a headache. I am so glad my decant found a new home.

This is an olfactory rainbow of fruity hard candy goodness.

I'm totally getting the Skittles vibe that others are getting but there's a fizziness in there too - like sherbert. All the fruits are there. I get the berries and the citrus and a real mouthwatering tang of sour candy. Even on the drydown, this is a delightful and happy-making jolt of fruity sweetness.

10/10

In the bottle: SWEET fruity candy, like melted Skittles. All the fruits are present, but the lime is most prominent.

Wet: For a few moments when first applied, all the citrus notes together are so strong that they suggest…tea tree oil? That’s a very brief phase, though, and it passes.

Bitches Love Unicorns settles down to a light, fruity scent: candy or fruit punch or Kool-Aid. The lime and other citrus notes remain most identifiable on my skin, but this is a rainbow of fruit.

I agree that this is very nostalgic and reminiscent of my childhood in the 80s (boomtownrat’s “portal to 1984” description is spot-on, and, like her, I had that pen that turned into a bracelet; mine was yellow) when everything seemed to be brightly rainbow-colored. At least, that was my aesthetic as an eight and nine-year-old girl.

In fact, because of that sweet candy quality, Bitches Love Unicorns feels almost like a Lilith scent.

This will be a wonderful scent for days I need some cheering up.

This would be like the sugared violet candy my Uncle Morris used to give me except for the blackcurrant bass line that gives it a little fatback. It's very sweet, very very jeune fille. It may be too much so for an old lady like me, but I do dig that blackcurrant.

ETA: Lasts for hours and hours. I can still smell traces from early last evening's application.

Edited by tarotgirl

I don't normally go for candy scents but this one sounded like so much fun!

In bottle: Very strong. I can smell this perfume even before I take off the lid. It smells like assorted flavors of pixie sticks and a fizzy lemon lime soda.

Wet on skin: All kinds of fruity smells. Mostly orange, lemon, lime, strawberry, and a bit of sugar.

Dry: A SUGAR RUSH! I mostly get a lemon-lime fizzy sugar scent. It smells like crushed/melty sour skittles to me. So yummy and uplifting! Very strong throw!

An hour later: It transforms to a perfumey fruit musk that is close to the skin. The perfumey fruit musk smells like an old aerosol room freshener... It is a bit unpleasant. I definitely prefer the sour skittles smell over this perfumey stage. I may have to try this in a scent locket to see if the sour skittles smell stays.

I only used two small drops from the cap. I will have to retest it to see if putting more on my skin will make the skittles scent last longer. Hopefully the aerosol stage doesn't happen on my skin when I retest this out again in a few days. Overall I really enjoy this scent. It is very fun and unique. I recommend anyone who enjoys sugary scents to try this.

Wow this is sweet!!! I'm getting a slight apricot vibe from this, but it's likely just the hyper-sugary sweetness this is from the start; that taste you get when you take a bite from an apricot after not having one for years.

It's a very natural fruity sugar/sweet. That said, like other people has said, all of the fruityness certainly does remind me of skittles. The hyperness of the sugar on drydown dims very quickly, in fact all of it dims down in about half an hour which is a shame.

Such a bright, fun scent!

Bitches Love Unicorns

In the Bottle: The smell of freshly opened rainbow skittles- and the bright red plastic packet it comes in. mostly the original variety, not my favourite wild berry ones that come in the purple packet.

Wet: Lemon Skittles. The lemon is quite sharp for a bit, and the fizzy quality does smell like day old 7up or Sprite- the kind that’s gone slightly flat, but is still aerated. It’s fizzy, bubbly and effervescent- but also very one dimensional, lemonade and lemon squashy, which I’m not loving. After a few minutes, the rest of the pale coloured rainbow starts morphing into the foreground here and the scent is quite fizzy pink, fizzy peach and I get some of the same blueberry candy note as found in blue lollipops. It’s definitely candy-like and smells like how a skittle would taste after the hard shell has been dissolved into the mouth. I feel like I’m smelling a vodka raspberry lemonade- without much of the booze and a handful of extra pink, orange, yellow skills, with a few purple and blue pieces thrown in.

Drydown: It’s generally just fizzy-lemonade drenched, sugared fruits from the pink/peach variety. I don’t do citrus but I like effervescent. This one scent is of the first to have challenged my olfactory “line” the most. The atmosphere around me is a very pleasant powdery fizzy candy-like pink/peach coloured fruit kind of scent. I really do like this but I wish it were a little more “pink”, and that maybe the amazing phase of the scent opened up first, rather than having to morph into it.

TL;DR: pink, yellow, orange skittles, maybe one or two purple and blue ones too... with their candy shell coating sucked away, all sticking together and hoping they still retain their identity even though they're all pale tinged with the colours they used to be.

Wet: Big whacking hit of skittles... happy in a bottle.

Drying: Goes swiftly to citrusy sherbert.

Dry: Er, gone?

Okay so this almost immediately pulls a vanishing act but I still love it. I use it as an instant cheer me up whenever I need it, then switch over to a regular rotation BPAL once it's gone. Must try it in a scent locket and see if the skittles stck around :)

Echoing the similar sentiments of skittles!!

I pulled this out of my mail today and dabbed a bit on my wrists. It evokes the preteen in me that loved Lisa Frank stickers and perfume in plastic bottles. This is straight up happiness and bright in a bottle. I don't regret blind buying for a second!

In the bottle: Sometimes, I'm reminded of green gummy worms coated in sugar crystals instead of sour powder, but other times, it's more like lime jello. In any case, the candied lime is the note that stands out to me the most! I do get some of the lemon and berries more on some sniffs, though.

On my skin, it's a bag of sugar-coated, fruity gummy candies, which sometimes reminds me of jello. After several hours of wear, I get more of the sugar than the fruit notes, and the sugar reminds me of at least one of the sugars in Sugar Skull. This is the phase of the scent I prefer, but I'm not sure I can endure all of the gummy worm/Jello associations I get during the first few hours of wear.

Verdict: Not really for me, but I am glad to have gotten to try this forum-exclusive scent! :]