Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This review topic is for the perfume that was available on Etsy.

A room of cobalt hues, shadowed, with walls adorned innumerable pinned butterflies and moths. Lilac water, fossilized black amber, lily of the valley, violet leaf, and oakmoss.

I love the atmo, and was so excited to score a bottle of the perfume on Etsy

Wet: Lilac. Gorgeous. The lilac stand out on my skin much better than in the atmo. That gorgeous black amber note backs it up. On me, Thomas Sharpe was all black amber with the faintest hint of lilac. This is sort of the reverse on me. Lilac, with wafts of black amber. GORGEOUS.

Dry: I am always searching for my ultimate lilac scent, and I thought, based on the atmo, that this would be it. But the violet leaf lends this just the slightest bitter edge on my skin, and I am still deciding whether or not I like that. Also, the black amber, which I assumed I would amp, because I always do, is barely present. I do like it, but once it's dry I don't love it as much as the atmo. It will need further testing.

Beautiful scent! It is heavy on the lilac and violet on me, with a warmth in the background that I take is from the amber. On drydown, a bit more of the oakmoss comes out.

If you like the atmosphere spray, you will probably also like this :)

It is fitting for a beautiful, but cruel character like Lucille!

I managed to snag a bottle from Etsy when they were cleaning out a bunch of stuff. I actually thought I was buying it for a friend, but turns out she didn't want it. Sniffing the bottle, I was unsure if i'd want it. I think the oakmoss was most apparent. But on, oh my gosh! It's so beautiful! It kinda has a tiny bit of "fancy perfume maker" with the lillies and lilac, but I think the amber and violet really save it from becoming "generic rich lady perfume". It's so dark and mysterious. But I do feel like this is how Lucille would smell, or perhaps just her room. It somehow evokes the thoughts of a strong, confident lady who doesn't take any crap. I'm sure there's something similar to a mainstream perfume out there, and once I remember, I'll update here.

Lucille's Room perfume is just as good as the atmo. This is lilac- and oakmoss-heavy on me, with black amber flowing in between. The lily of the valley and violet leaf are subtle, although they bolster the lilac and broaden it. It's a beautiful, slightly morbid floral—perfect for the filmic inspiration.

This starts out with strong liac and a fougere vibe to it from the oakmoss and violet leaf. It also has a distinct vanilla vibe to it from the amber on the drydown, with the play of the lily coming from behind the lilac. It is an elegant perfume.

This is as beautiful as the atmo. I find it to be mostly lilac on my skin, which is a great thing. I adore lilacs and have some of my happiest childhood memories of spring when the lilacs bloomed. We filled my 2nd grade classroom with lilacs and lily of the valley during the month of May, and being May Queen was the best part of the month. Lucille's Room takes me back to that feeling. Gorgeous!

I ordered this from the BPTP Etsy sometime in mid-2019.

I had a very different experience than most of the other reviewers. I bought this hoping it would be a lilac-forward scent. Alas, this was not to be. On my skin, the lilac is very muted- it's just a tiny sprinkle of lilac water wafting through the background. Black amber is the most prominent scent, followed by oakmoss and violet leaf. I don't get any lily of the valley from this blend at all!

It truly does smell like a dark, mysterious, and "blue" scent. It really does smell very elegant and high-end, though the scent overall is much more complex and interesting than standard "fancy" perfumes. Medium throw and very good wear length.

Edited by purestmaiden_

In the air, the florals are pronounced, though they are subdued and shadowy in nature.  I detect a good balance of lilac and violet, not so much from the lily of the valley.  On fabrics, my experience reverses.  I get more oakmoss and dark wood supported by a faint tinge of floral.  My scent impression is of a dark paneled room, bedecked in heavy, rich fabrics, more stately than opulent.  If you've ever seen the original "The Haunting" from 1963, that house might smell like this.  Lucille's Room works well for the elegant anti-heroine that inspired it.