Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Looking for a BPAL that Resembles a Favorite Perfume

OOoooo thank you!!!! I love the second one especially -- I am worried about how hard they will be to find LOL! Thank you for the ideas : )

On the contrary, they are actually really easy to find and make appearances on the forums ;D there's a few floating around right now ;D Also- the weenie update just released ;D

Woooooo. You joined the forum at the right time! Check out all the new dead leaves scents for Halloween. There will be lots of decant circles up for them, so you can sample the limited edition fall scents.

GC scents you might try... Hmm... I don't know how close they would be to Autumnalis, but Plunder is all spice, not really foodie. It does have cinnamon, but it's got so much else going on, it might still work. Al Shairan is another spicey fall scent. I recieved a frimp recently and was surprised how much I liked it. It's not sweet, juicy, fruity peach, more dried and descicated. Lastly, Gauko makes me think of fall and dried leaves. Hope that helps, and welcome to BPAL!

Thank you!!! I am researching all of these : ) I appreciate it. I am wondering if it is the spicy amber-ness I am looking for, but I'm not sure [i can't tell/identify notes well].

Hmmm... I was trying to think of something GC w/amber and woodiness and my brain's kinda coming up blank. You might try Lion though. It's almost pure amber on my skin. Might not have the complexity you're looking for, but at least you would know if that's what you like so much in Autumnalis. Sorry I can't be of more help. :/

Oh, and Rumpelstiltskin is another nice spice scent that has no cinnamon. It has a smoky smell from the vetiver though and might be a bit masculine for some.

Edited by VetchVesper

Hmmm... I was trying to think of something GC w/amber and woodiness and my brain's kinda coming up blank. You might try Lion though. It's almost pure amber on my skin. Might not have the complexity you're looking for, but at least you would know if that's what you like so much in Autumnalis. Sorry I can't be of more help. :/

Oh, and Rumpelstiltskin is another nice spice scent that has no cinnamon. It has a smoky smell from the vetiver though and might be a bit masculine for some.

Thank you, these sound really interesting!!

Rather recently I fell in love with Sixteen92s Paper moon: "Soft vanilla musk, benzoin, oakmoss, trailing ivy, peach blossom, rose". On me, paper moon is green: ivy and moss over wet, cold stones with comforting benzoin and some vanilla for warmth. The rose isnt noticable and the peach blossom belnds well together with the vanilla.

Is there any BPAL that would be similar to this? Ive seen some blends that have several green, ivyish or moss notes but often together with dirt. Even though I like some dirt in my scents, as long as they arent too dominant, Im even more smitten by green moss/ivy/fern, cold wet stones and vanilla/benzoin. Though just a bit of dirt would work :]

Hello,

I'm looking for Bpals that remind me of

Que de l'amour by Melanie et Amelie (Lothantique).

It is wonderful. A little bit soapy at first but when settled it leaves a gentle musky vanilla smell behind.

Head: Rose, Ylang Ylang
Heart: Peach, Lily of The Valley
Base: Green Vanilla, (probably White) Musk

I thought I could find similar fragrances based on some of the ingrediences but I failed. :<

So far I have tried Endymion, but it smells strong to me (even when settled) and I disliked the pear in it.

I also tried Fae which smells okayish but the peach smell is too prominent.

What else can I try? Maybe "Eve"? I am running out of ideas. :<

Hello,

It is wonderful. A little bit soapy at first but when settled it leaves a gentle musky vanilla smell behind.

I thought I could find similar fragrances based on some of the ingrediences but I failed. :<

So far I have tried Endymion, but it smells strong to me (even when settled) and I disliked the pear in it.

My first instinct was Peach IX but there are no white florals :(

PEACH IX

Rose musk, peach blossom, and vanilla cream.

Then I thought maybe Victoria- but the rose is only a tea rose and the white florals lack the peach to bring the components full circle (and thus probably won't remind you of the scent you're after.)

VICTORIA

Graceful vanilla musk, tea rose, and stargazer lily.

And while this doesn't have ylang ylang or vanilla, it does have cream which might be of interest?

LA VAGUE

White peach, lily of the valley, jasmine, rose, iris, osmanthus, tangerine, white wine grape, and cream accord.

Edited by celestia

Hello,

My first instinct was Peach IX but there are no white florals :(

PEACH IX

Rose musk, peach blossom, and vanilla cream.

Then I thought maybe Victoria- but the rose is only a tea rose and the white florals lack the peach to bring the components full circle (and thus probably won't remind you of the scent you're after.)

VICTORIA

Graceful vanilla musk, tea rose, and stargazer lily.

And while this doesn't have ylang ylang or vanilla, it does have cream which might be of interest?

LA VAGUE

White peach, lily of the valley, jasmine, rose, iris, osmanthus, tangerine, white wine grape, and cream accord.

thank you for your thoughts on this. :)

Peach IX and Victoria do indeed sound lovely.

I am not sure about La Vague though because it has jasmine in it but if its not too strong I still might go for it?

Rather recently I fell in love with Sixteen92s Paper moon: "Soft vanilla musk, benzoin, oakmoss, trailing ivy, peach blossom, rose". On me, paper moon is green: ivy and moss over wet, cold stones with comforting benzoin and some vanilla for warmth. The rose isnt noticable and the peach blossom belnds well together with the vanilla.

Is there any BPAL that would be similar to this? Ive seen some blends that have several green, ivyish or moss notes but often together with dirt. Even though I like some dirt in my scents, as long as they arent too dominant, Im even more smitten by green moss/ivy/fern, cold wet stones and vanilla/benzoin. Though just a bit of dirt would work :]

Bestiaire du Moyen Âge

Watery cerulean musk winding through crushed grass, apple blossom, wild mint, and pine needles.

The Unicorn, Rushing Against the Tree, Fixed its Horn so Fast in the Trunk that it Could Not Draw it Out

Ethereal white orris, pale early lilacs, mallow flower, Queen of the Night, white moss, and dusk-lit mist.

The Virgin and the Unicorn

The palest of green mosses, mist rose, white pear, white incense, white sandalwood, and a hint of vanilla.

Alcie

Just a hint of gorgon blood: bright nectarine, honey, sandalwood, green musk, sea buckthorn berry, and oakmoss.

Banded Sea Snake

Snake Oil with oakmoss, sea moss, white moss, and olive leaf.

Bayou

A lazy, warm deep green scent with a thick aquatic undertone: Spanish moss, evergreen and cypress with watery blue-green notes and an eddy of hothouse flowers and swamp blooms.

Elf

Pale golden musk, honeycomb, amber, parma violet, hawthorne bark, aspen leaf, forest lily, life everlasting, white moss, and a hint of wild berry.

Fae

A brilliant, ethereal scent: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss.

I love Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon and Tokyo Milk Tainted Love. Looking for stuff that are similar!

So, first of all, thanks for sending me on a search for a likely new obsession! I love Nirvana Black, but somehow hadn't heard about Nirvana Bourbon. it sounds amazing.

my number one suggestion for you, unfortunately, is an out of stock/discontinued limited scent that's pretty highly sought after. it's beautiful.

Ava

Sheer vanilla musk with tuberose, red mandarin, and the sweet poison of white almond.

My second suggestion is also a past LE, but maybe sliiightly easier to find, or at least less expensive to find:

Blossoming Vulva Golden amber and bourbon vanilla with sweet oak, blue lotus, and tea blossom.

Some other possibilities:

Bard A ridiculously charismatic blend of bay rum, honey, and white musk mingling with the scent of harp wood and lute strings and the twang of horn brass.

Beauty, The Aggrieved

A white rose draped by a delicate, pale, sheer veil of vanilla, the depth and darkness of her black lace embodied by tobacco absolute, Indonesian patchouli, Bulgarian oakmoss, frankincense, white sandalwood, and myrrh.

Faiza, The Lady of Serpents

A sensual blend of twisting, exotic, serpentine oils: black amber, oakmoss, green sandalwood, bergamot, jasmine sambac, gardenia, orange pulp, black cardamom, vanilla, blackberry, black musk, blackened vanilla husk, white honey, ti leaf, and ginger.

Good

Shimmering celestial musk with vanilla, white honey, acacia, and sugar cane.

Iole

A serious, studious scent: fig, night-blooming jasmine, red sandalwood, bourbon vanilla, oak bark, leather accord, and black amber.

Kill-Devil

Sugar cane, molasses, oak wood, and honey.

Mad Sweeney

Barrel-aged whiskey and oak.

Paladin

Immaculate white musk, sweet frankincense, bourbon vanilla, white leather, and shining armor. This one layers really well with Good. The RPG scents are meant for layering, and I love the combo of those two, which might be similar to what you seek.

Alright folks .... I'm looking for something similar to Montale Dark Purple for a friend of mine, and I swear the scent notes read just like a BPAL LE I have (but I'm at work and can't go through my spreadsheet right now).

Scent Notes for Dark Purple, from Fragrantica.com

Top: greedy plum, fresh orange

Heart: rose petals, geranium bourbon, patchouli, red fruit cocktail
Base: grey amber, teak wood, white musk

I swear this reads like one of the Lupers ....

Alright folks .... I'm looking for something similar to Montale Dark Purple for a friend of mine, and I swear the scent notes read just like a BPAL LE I have (but I'm at work and can't go through my spreadsheet right now).

Shares some notes but not all:

Purple Spotted Swallowtail

Purple Phoenix

Red Phoenix

Phoenix at Dawn

Penumbra

Hellion

Fire Pig

Lunar Eclipse

Queen of Spades

Black moths has some notes but not all.

Oooh ... that's probably closer than what I'd found, but I was looking at my own collection and came up with: Mme. Moriarty, Red Phoenix, Pillar of Flame, and Snake Charmer (mostly looking for the plum note.

Shares some notes but not all:

Purple Spotted Swallowtail

Purple Phoenix

Red Phoenix

Phoenix at Dawn

Penumbra

Hellion

Fire Pig

Lunar Eclipse

Queen of Spades

Red Phoenix was on the list I found (and I have it in my collection, so it's easier for her to try it out). I'll check out the others, too.

I have not smelled either perfume, so I can't exactly recommend it, but Miss Spink is described as "A grand, over-the-top tuberose gardenia," so maybe that would work for C&E's Gardenia. You could check Miss Sprink's reviews and maybe that would give you an idea of if it's what you're looking for.

I appreciate it. I picked up most of their impable tuberose and gardenia scents. Just wasn't ready to take the plunge with a full bottle of an unsniffed scent. Especially with stronger scents like gardenia and tuberose. They can go from lovely to stinky in a hurry, Maybe I'll get lucky and see it in a swap sometime.

So couple months later I actually did take the plunge and Miss Spink is exactly what I wanted. I can't say it's really like the gardenia edt I was looking for but it's lovely. More playful than many of the other gardenia or tuberose scents bpal offers and that's a nice change. Now I'm wondering if I need to have the other Miss Spink too. :)

Hey I was hoping some help finding a BPAL scent similiar to a couple old favorites of mine that are discontinued.

Crabtree and Evelyn Gardenia Eau de toilette, not to be confused with their Eau de parfume by the same name. The scents are different. I know the main notes are tuberose and gardenia and the finish is white, powdery, and long lasting.

Philtre d Amour by Guerlain - The original millennium special edition was as follows. Top notes are lemon verbena, bergamot and amalfi lemon; middle notes are myrtle, jasmine, neroli and petitgrain; base note is patchouli. It starts sweet and finishes powdery

I can't remember much about Philtre d'Amour, I only had a little sample of it. BUT.....

I would recommend The Caterpillar, it always makes me think of 'old-school' Guerlain, specifically L'Heure Bleue. Might be worth a shot since it does have jasmine and patchouli (from memory), and does have a powdery feel, in my opinion.

Well. I was late to reply. Caterpillar is not something I ever would have looked at. Patchouli is kind of a finicky smell in my opinion but it's impable so I will probably have to get a tester. TY!

Yay! I'm so happy it worked for you!

I love Caterpillar. It's one of my fave GC's. It's very incensey/floral on me though and Guerlain sounds like it might be citrusy/sweet. If that is so, then you might try Lolita or Phantasm for something lighter/brighter or Namaste for something with more weight. Eternal was also very lemony/ white floral on me, though it doesn't list anything lemony in the notes, and the heliotrope gave it a sweet, powdery finish.

Edited by VetchVesper

try Madame Moriarty, Morgause, Countess Willie, and The Witch Queen

I am looking for something like Origins ginger perfume. Or anything that has a "soft" ginger scent. Floral is fine, bur I want to be able to smell the ginger. Thanks

I am looking for something like Origins ginger perfume. Or anything that has a "soft" ginger scent. Floral is fine, bur I want to be able to smell the ginger. Thanks

You might want to give White Rabbit a shot. On me, it's a soft-yet-zingy ginger over a base that is occasionally identifiable as honey and tea, but is mostly just "your skin but better."

Kumiho is white tea and ginger. It's bright, clean, and a bit sharp. Lady of Shallot is watery white florals and ginger. They're both GC. If you are willing to try to find discontinued LE's, you might look through the old Atomic Luau Lounge series. I bet there are some ginger scents in there that might also have citrus.

No idea what Origins ginger smells like, but when you mentioned ginger and florals I immediately thought of Pepper Wild English roses, French gardenia, vanilla, honey, golden ginger, blood orange, tuberose, bergamot, and geranium. On me it's a floral, citrusy ginger. It's lovely.

You might also try Sudha Segara Sweet milk and warm, healing ginger with a touch of golden honey and our blend of Ambrosia

If you can find some, Opuhi is beautiful - Ginger blossom and vanilla orchid.

I also adore the gingery Vespertilio Proterus - Warm golden ginger, wild fig, and vanilla cream spiced with saffron, limu amani, nutmeg, coriander, and angelica.

Hi out there, I'm looking to dupe Haus of Gloi's Wintervale perfume as it's one of my favourites but was LE and discontinued after last year due to a supplier issue.

"Snow covered blue spruce boughs, frozen woods, crystalline sugared violets and sharp wintery air, all wrapped around a minty mug of hot cocoa."

When I'm wearing it, it's a very cold and crispy airy scent with a sweet background note (I reckon this is the sugared violets but it's not very strong). I don't personally pick up on any hot cocoa or mint, the spruce is very gentle so it's more of a gently wintery floral scent. Kind of like stepping outside into a pine forest just after fresh snowfall. Alternatively, if anyone has an unloved bottle, I'd be happy to take it!!

I got a sample of Paco Rabanne Olympéa with my Sephora order and fell in love with the idea of what it *could* be if it weren't so chemical-ish (guess wearing oils 24/7 makes you more sensitive to that sort of thing). I want a bpal that smells similar and I'm hoping for a little help. I'm having trouble coming up with anything.

Here's the description: A fresh oriental, opening with sparkling green mandarin, aquatic notes of water jasmine and fiery ginger lily, with salted vanilla in the heart. The base notes are sandalwood, cashmere and ambergris.

Anything you can think of that's close?