Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Looking for a BPAL that Resembles a Favorite Perfume

While not exactly a perfume comparison (because, damn them, Crabtree & Evelyn has not made a cologne or perfume of this scent), can anyone recommend a BPAL similar to Crabtree & Evelyn's Goat's Milk line (body wash, body lotion, soap)? I have no idea if the BPAL goat's milk blends, such as Nonae Caprotina, are at all similar or are more "milk" scents.

The C&E GM scent is very, very clean with a bit of lavender to it. I've gotten a tiny bit of a similarity from Caterpillar but so far that's the closest I've found. It seems like a scent that would be right in Beth's wheelhouse so I'm thinking it's out there, I just haven't found it yet!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

JazzieCazzie- I LOVE Crabtree & Evelyn's Goat Milk line! I've used the body wash, body lotion, and hand cream. The hand cream was especially awesome, but I can't seem to find it anymore. I've never found anything, BPAL or otherwise, that smells like it. You mentioned Nonae Caprotina. I have and love that scent, but it is not like Goat Milk. Candles Moon & Werepuppy both remind me of Nonae Caprotina, but do not remind me of Goat Milk. I've never sniffed Milk Moon, but I'd like to. Another line you might enjoy is Archipelago Botanical's Soy Milk. They also offer soap, body wash, body lotion, and creams.

ps- there's a bottle of Nonae Caprotina on ebay right now. It's quite a bit sweeter than Goat Milk & Archipelago Botanical's Soy Milk, but I really do love it.

Greetings, fellow BPAL addicts! I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

A good friend of mine has recently fallen in love with Romance by Ralph Lauren, but she also knows how hard I fangirl BPAL (and how much money I throw at the Lab) and she's curious to know if there's a BPAL equivalent to Romance. The ingredients listed for Romance I've found are: "Sungoddess Rose, Marigold, Ginger, Chamomile Oil, Yellow Freesia, White Violet, Lotus Flower, Day Lily, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Musk."

I appreciate any help you guy can provide!

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a similar BPAL to See by Chloe? I got a sample card at Sephora a few days ago and it's a really lovely honeyed-apple floral, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to drop a large amount of money on it yet.

Perfume pyramid according to Fragrantica:

Top notes: bergamot, apple blossom

Middle notes: jasmine, ylang-ylang

Base notes: musk, sandalwood, vanilla

Edited by vthesiren

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a similar BPAL to See by Chloe? I got a sample card at Sephora a few days ago and it's a really lovely honeyed-apple floral, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to drop a large amount of money on it yet.

Perfume pyramid according to Fragrantica:

Top notes: bergamot, apple blossom

Middle notes: jasmine, ylang-ylang

Base notes: musk, sandalwood, vanilla

Maybe Eve or Poisoned Apple? Eve is one of my favorites but an aged version makes a huge difference.

My Mom with the Sun in her Hands is a dead ringer for Chanel Allure on me - even my husband said, "it smells like when were dating!"

I must've said this already, but Tombstone is SO much like Lolita Lempicka au Masculine - I'm wearing it today and I feel I'm in the men's department at Nordstrom 10 years ago when they were hawking it with all their might (Angel lovers might like it too, those fragrances always rang in the same 'family' for me).

Tzi

JazzieCazzie- I LOVE Crabtree & Evelyn's Goat Milk line! I've used the body wash, body lotion, and hand cream. The hand cream was especially awesome, but I can't seem to find it anymore. I've never found anything, BPAL or otherwise, that smells like it. You mentioned Nonae Caprotina. I have and love that scent, but it is not like Goat Milk. Candles Moon & Werepuppy both remind me of Nonae Caprotina, but do not remind me of Goat Milk. I've never sniffed Milk Moon, but I'd like to. Another line you might enjoy is Archipelago Botanical's Soy Milk. They also offer soap, body wash, body lotion, and creams.

ps- there's a bottle of Nonae Caprotina on ebay right now. It's quite a bit sweeter than Goat Milk & Archipelago Botanical's Soy Milk, but I really do love it.

Thanks, Arsinoe!!! I figured NC was a longshot because goat's milk is such a wide target (probably not the right terminology) and I have a feeling that the main note I love in the C&E may not be the GM itself but the lavender. I probably have a better shot at finding a match by continuing to try the BPAL blends that have lavender and other "clean" herbs in them!

There's an oil by Solstice Scents that I'd love to find a BPAL similar to:

Lace Draped Spectre - Madagascar Vanilla, Baby's Breath, Pink Carnation & Green Pepper Essential Oil

To me, the combination of the creaminess of the vanilla and the spiciness of the carnation and green peppercorn is absolutely wonderful. I'm stocking up on Lace Draped Spectre as it's apparently being discontinued, but I'd still love to find a similar BPAL, if anyone knows of one.

Also, just for the record, White Chocolate with Mate, Hazelnut, and Banana Cream from this year's Lupers smells very similar to Solstice Scents Nightgown (Vanilla, White Chocolate, Tuberose & Tiare Flowers). Well, to my nose, anyway.

I've worn only BPAL for so many years that now when I order oils from another e-tailer or am given a bottle of "regular" perfume, I feel like I'm cheating on the lab! :blush:

Edited because I apparently can't spell worth a fiddle.

Edited by miamaslegi

Does anyone one have a suggestion for a BPAL scent that resembles Vivianne Westwoods Libertine. Years ago I have a tiny sample bottle that I used so sparingly. I haven't seen it on the market in ages. It was a light, sherberty scent. A little orangey, but not oil orange, but fruit orange.

Thanks.

i've seen Angel pop up in this thread a lot, but what about Angel Innocent? I'm not a BPAL noob and I have an entire medicine cabinet filled with 5 mls and imps, but I've yet to find one that mimics Angel Innocent. :( please don't respond with scents that list similar notes - I find the notes listed in commercial perfumes smell entirely different than the same ones in BPAL. but if you've actually smelled a BPAL and thought, Angel Innocent, please let me know! <3

I'd also love to find a match for Annick Goutal's L'eau d'Hadrien.

Bumping, cause still hoping for any help with these. I notice I didn't mention in my first post that wet phase Dorian on me was the closest I've ever found to Angel Innocent, and sometimes Mage echoes it as well.

Edited by aphrodite

Coulda sworn I posted on here at one point..but alas. nope.

Ok so Neutral is a dead-ringer for Marc Jacobs (original) on me.

Contemplating the Moon Through an Open Window took me a while to pin it, but smells remarkably like Love's Baby Soft.

hey does anyone know a scent that smells like Dior Pure Poison? I don't like any other versions of Dior Poison at all..just the Pure Poison version, please and thanks! :wub2:

Can I get a YSL Manifesto? I've never smelled it, so I don't have a clue what could be similar, but my mother likes it a lot, so I thought I'd ask you lovely peoples. :D

Can I get a YSL Manifesto? I've never smelled it, so I don't have a clue what could be similar, but my mother likes it a lot, so I thought I'd ask you lovely peoples. :D

According to Fragrantica.com, the notes are as follows:

It starts off with fresh green wave, bergamot and black currant. The heart includes accords of white flowers such as Sambac jasmine and lily of the valley. The base is woody and slightly oriental and captures notes of cedar, sandalwood, vanilla and tonka bean.

And, according to the reviews, the vanilla is dominant.

I try to avoid vanilla and currant, so others would probably have better recs than me. But for what it's worth, I'd suggest Lysander or Good-Elf (RPGs).

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone might know of a BPAL oil that's similar to Possets Over the Rhine? I got an imp of it from a swap I think, and I've always really liked it. I figure if there was a BPAL that was similar, I'd throw it in with my current order.

The description says: spicy, warm, unisex, resinous, oriental.

Although there is no specific note list.

I'm looking for something similar to Avon's discontinued Far Away Sensual Embrace. A friend of mine has hoarded bottles over the years, but is now running low. And it's ALL she ever wears. I was hoping to find a BPAL blend that is similar, but so far all I've come up with is other commercial perfumes.

Far Away Sensual Embrace is described as an Oriental Floral with notes of camellia, passion flower, amber, hibiscus, orchid and vanilla.

I think Cacharel's Amor Amor is similar scent-wise (by memory only, I can't compare as I no longer have Amor Amor), but the notes are pretty different.

Amor Amor is described as a fruity floral. The main notes are: pink grapefruit, mandarin, blood orange, Malati Flower (Malati is a very fragrant Indonesian Jasmine Sambac), lily-of-the-valley, white musk, sandalwood, vanilla and ambergris.

I also think Valentino V has a similar vibe, but also not so similar note-wise.

V is a woody, floral oriental with heliotrope, rose, and orange blossom, pink grapefruit, green fig, freesia, amber, mysore sandalwood, cedar and musk.

I'd be happy with recs that are of a similar tone - they don't need to have the exact same notes. But I would prefer to find her some BPAL rather than another designer fragrance.

I'm looking for something similar to Avon's discontinued Far Away Sensual Embrace. A friend of mine has hoarded bottles over the years, but is now running low. And it's ALL she ever wears. I was hoping to find a BPAL blend that is similar, but so far all I've come up with is other commercial perfumes.

Far Away Sensual Embrace is described as an Oriental Floral with notes of camellia, passion flower, amber, hibiscus, orchid and vanilla.

I think Cacharel's Amor Amor is similar scent-wise (by memory only, I can't compare as I no longer have Amor Amor), but the notes are pretty different.

Amor Amor is described as a fruity floral. The main notes are: pink grapefruit, mandarin, blood orange, Malati Flower (Malati is a very fragrant Indonesian Jasmine Sambac), lily-of-the-valley, white musk, sandalwood, vanilla and ambergris.

I also think Valentino V has a similar vibe, but also not so similar note-wise.

V is a woody, floral oriental with heliotrope, rose, and orange blossom, pink grapefruit, green fig, freesia, amber, mysore sandalwood, cedar and musk.

I'd be happy with recs that are of a similar tone - they don't need to have the exact same notes. But I would prefer to find her some BPAL rather than another designer fragrance.

She might love Butterflies, Flowers and Jewels Attending, but you'd have to hurry since it was supposed to come down from the site almost two weeks ago and could theoretically vanish any day.

So, the new guy for me bought me a roller bottle of a knock off of Estee Lauder Pleasures. It's ok, but I'd rather find a BPAL to wear of it. And one without Jasmine, since we don't like each other. It seems like there's also amber, patchouli, and some other white flowers after cat pee smell goes away. Any help?

Does anyone else remember Fresh Patchouli Pure? It smelled amazing on me, so naturally it was discontinued quite some time ago. The sweet notes really come through on my skin after a short time, balancing the patchouli and spice for a sexy, feminine effect.

Top notes: ginger, bergamot, orange

Middle notes: patchouli, cinnamon, pimento berry

Base notes: vanilla, amber, tonka, musk

So I searched this thread and saw a few rec's for scents that smell like Dior's Hypnotic Poison, but does anyone know of any others that may have popped up since then?

Try Perversion. When i sampled it for the 1st time, i thought it's Hypnotic Poison reincatnated.

So I searched this thread and saw a few rec's for scents that smell like Dior's Hypnotic Poison, but does anyone know of any others that may have popped up since then?

Try Perversion. When i sampled it for the 1st time, i thought it's Hypnotic Poison reincatnated.

Awesome, thanks. Reading reviews here now and it sounds amazing. Might have to fit it into my next order with all the LEs if I can.

What about Le Labo? I searched this topic and found a recommendation that Haunted resembles Le Labo's Labdanum 18, but does anyone have suggestions for any of their other perfumes? The two that I've tried and loved are Rose 31 and Iris 39.

Iris 39 is iris with patchouli and musk.

Rose 31 is an almost masculine rose, with vetiver and cedar.