Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Looking for a BPAL that Resembles a Favorite Perfume

My all time favorite Perfume, which i=s very difficult to find these days (and I also think they changed the formula a bit from back in the day) was Venezia by Laura Biagiotti

Top notes include: succulent Italian fruit with some green accord; peach, plums and bergamot. At its heart; rose, spicy carnation, intense cinnamon and iris. Sandalwood, Tonka bean, vanilla and benzoin.

Would love to find a similar BPAL version! There are a few listings for this perfume on Ebay, so I may snag a small bottle, just for nostalgia's sake...this was my favorite perfume when I was 14...LOL, and it's not a childish scent! It's gorgeous!

Hi everyone

Does anyone of you know a BPAL-scent similar to Pumas Challenge?It's my BFs favourite scent and it does really smell gorgeous on him.

They did discontinue it as far as I know. There are some sellers on ebay but I'd rather introduce him to BPAL, since I love it so much.

It is described as:

Challenge Cologne by Puma, Notes of bergamot, cedrat leaves, juniper berries, pineapple, bamboo sticks, violet leaves, green apples, floral transparency, oak moss, cedarwood, and sandlewood.

So, I'm trying to turn my mum on to BPAL, since it would make it so much easier on her wallet than buying her favorite name brand perfumes. Plus, it'll save her the three-hour drive to get anywhere with a mall that sells it. She wears Estée Lauder's Estée, exclusively, and I'm wondering if anyone has found anything similar?

According to their website, Estée has: Top Notes: jasmine, rose, muguet. Middle Notes: coriander, ylang-ylang, orris. Base Notes: sandalwood and moss. It's called a "lush floral," but I mostly notice the sandalwood, jasmine, and what I'm pretty sure is the ylang-ylang when she wears it. It's a bit incense-y on her, with a sweet trace of floral just over it. If anyone can recommend something they've found with such notes, it'd be much appreciated.

Also (slightly off-topic), any recommendations for a vanilla-heavy scent that might work as something to be added to a body lotion for her would also be appreciated. She doesn't wear any vanilla-y perfumes, but she does frequently buy BBW's Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion, and generally loves the scent of vanilla both for her own uses and on my stepdad.

ETA: I'm thinking of trying an imp each of Namaste, Venice, and possibly one other to start...those have some of the notes, but I'm not sure how the rest of the notes in them will change things. A third option would be much appreciated. :hug:

Edited by Mokiefraggle

So I'm also wondering about something that might smell similar to B&BW's Sea Island Cotton or Japanese Cherry Blossom.

Wensleydale seems to sound like what I get from Sea Island Cotton- more of a soapy, fresh, clean scent.

I was looking for scents with notes of cherry blossom but reading the reviews of them seem like that particular note isn't as strong as some of the others in that blend.

I tested Lysander today, and it is exactly like BBW Japanese Cherry Blossom! I thought it smelled weird in the imp and when it was wet on my wrist... fast forward about twenty minutes, I was driving and inhaling something amazing. My mind registered it as JCB, until I remembered that I wasn't wearing it today! And believe me, I can recognize Japanese Cherry Blossom a mile away, it was my signature scent during a very wonderful and life-changing period of time for me. It's stamped into my brain forever!

BBW Japanese Cherry Blossom -

Top notes are plum, pear and apple; middle notes are mimose, tuberose, lily, kyoto rose petals and japanese cherry blossom; base notes are sandalwood, amber, patchouli, cinnamon, himalayan cedar, musk, vanilla and oakmoss.

Lysander -

Lilac musk, tonka, wood violet, and urbane lime rind, with a Venus-kissed tangle of myrtle, blackberry leaf, and benzoin.

So it looks like they share similarities in their complex blend of fruitiness, creamy florals, resins, and musky-woodsy-vanilla-greenness. Testing them side by side, I am overwhelmed by the tuberose in JCB. Lysander is a bit woodier. But still very very similar! I am thrilled since JCB has such a place in my heart, but I couldn't bear to wear it once I'd discovered BPAL.

So, I'm trying to turn my mum on to BPAL, since it would make it so much easier on her wallet than buying her favorite name brand perfumes. Plus, it'll save her the three-hour drive to get anywhere with a mall that sells it. She wears Estée Lauder's Estée, exclusively, and I'm wondering if anyone has found anything similar?

According to their website, Estée has: Top Notes: jasmine, rose, muguet. Middle Notes: coriander, ylang-ylang, orris. Base Notes: sandalwood and moss. It's called a "lush floral," but I mostly notice the sandalwood, jasmine, and what I'm pretty sure is the ylang-ylang when she wears it. It's a bit incense-y on her, with a sweet trace of floral just over it. If anyone can recommend something they've found with such notes, it'd be much appreciated.

Also (slightly off-topic), any recommendations for a vanilla-heavy scent that might work as something to be added to a body lotion for her would also be appreciated. She doesn't wear any vanilla-y perfumes, but she does frequently buy BBW's Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion, and generally loves the scent of vanilla both for her own uses and on my stepdad.

ETA: I'm thinking of trying an imp each of Namaste, Venice, and possibly one other to start...those have some of the notes, but I'm not sure how the rest of the notes in them will change things. A third option would be much appreciated. :hug:

Ave Maria Gratia Plena might be worth a try. It has jasmine, orris, and sandalwood.

Ave Maria Gratia Plena might be worth a try. It has jasmine, orris, and sandalwood.

Maybe Defututa, Salome, or Vasilissa? They all have jasmine and sandalwood notes.

Re vanilla--I just bought a bottle of Castitas from Black Phoenix Trading Post and it is a lovely sweet vanilla blend! I'm going to try using it as a moisturizer by itself. Other vanilla-heavy GC scents that frequently get recommended: Snake Oil, Detestable Putrescence (pure vanilla AFAIK), Mouse's Long and Sad Tale, Eat Me, Tombstone, Lyonesse, Sachs, Liz

Sort of random, but I was testing a decant of Cabaret.Goth yesterday, and it kind of reminded me of Love's Baby Soft for a while...a few hours in, but quite as much, as this was far more beautiful then Love's baby soft, but there was that same "vibe" for a while there.

Is there a scent similar to Marc Jacobs Violet Splash in the BPAL catalouge? It's my favourite commericial perfume and I'm saving my bottle like a treasure since it's been discontinued.

Top Notes: sparkling bergamot and peony

Middle Notes: delicate violet, orchid, orris and creamy cashmere accord

Base Notes: cedar wood, vanilla, musk, and gingerbread

On me, it's very much a skin scent...the closest I've found for the drydown was the LE Penis Admiration (Shunga) from Lupercalia. Just that the latter doesn't have the ginger and violets of Marc, but more lilac. Is there anything like it?

Thanks!

Edited by symphonyinsilence

I would love to find a BPAL that smells like versace bright crystal. According to the web the notes are: top - Iced Accord, Yuzu, Pomegranate, middle - Peony, Magnolia, Lotus Flower, Acajou, and base - Vegetal Amber, Musk. My boyfriend and I both love how this smells on me, especially after drydown - he thinks that the floral is what he likes. I suspect I like the amber and musk because I like how sensual the perfume smells. TIA!

If you like (or dislike) Dior Hypnotic Poison....I find Stimulating Sassafrass something or other ( hah sorry) to be spot on. It dries down a bit creamier but still so close!

Hi all,

I've been thinking about ordering some BPAL scents for ages now, but I've always been too overwhelmed by the options to choose anything. I was hoping someone might have some recommendations for scents I'd like, given commercial perfumes that I like. So if anyone knows anything comparable to these, I'd be grateful:

• Lolita Limpicka - Coral Flower
    [A floral-fruity fragrance for romantic women Invigorating - refreshing & sensual Top notes of Bergamot - Grapefruit Heart notes of Frangipani Blossom - Vanilla Orchid Base notes of Amber. Notes: bergamot - grapefruit - vanilla orchid - frangipani - musk - driftwood]

I saw some other Lolita comparisons, but not for this particular one, which is much less anise-y than her others.
  • Lancome - Tresor
    [Classified As A Sharp, Oriental, Floral Fragrance. This Feminine Scent Possesses A Blend Of Lilac And Apricot, With Lower Notes With Amber And Musk. It Is Recommended For Daytime Wear.]
  • Anna Sui - Sui Dreams (discontinued)
    [The scent to wear to accomplish your dreams.. Top Notes: Nectarine, Mandarin, Bergamot, Orange. Heart Notes: Freesia, Peach, Chinese Peony, Rose. Base Notes: Nutmeg, Sandalwood, Musk, Tahitian Vanilla, Anise.]
  • Tocca - Stella
    [Top notes: Bitter Orange, Blood Orange, Watery Accord Middle notes: White Freesia, Wild Diamond Orchids, Spicy Lily Bottom notes: Sheer Musk, Sandalwood]
  • Burberry - Brit
    [burberry Brit Is A Sexy, Eccentric Scent. With Touches Of Lime, Icy Pear, And Green Almond. It Also Has Hints Of White Peony, Sugared Almond, Mahogany Wood, Amber, Vanilla Beans, And Tonka Beans.]

I saw in this forum that Lyonesse might be a good match for this one.

Edited by gloame

Hi everyone, fairly new to the whole BPAL experience and got referred here by a good friend. I am absolutely in love with Victoria's Secret's parfum intimes Cashmere scent (discontinued, OF COURSE). The description reads as follows:

"Sensual Vanilla Bean Orchid from the French island of Bourbon. Jasmine Absolute. The lasting warmth of Cedarwood and Heliotrope."

I understand that this business has probably much more organic and higher quality ingredients than Victoria Secret, and i doubt I'll find anything ~very similar, but that being said; Anyone know of a scent form BPAL that would be similar to this?

Also, can anyone recommend something similar to the Gluttony scent from the sin&salvation line? My friend says they had a supplier stop production of a major ingredient so i know I won't get anything exactly the same, but i like what I read and would like to sample something similar.

It is greatly appreciated. Thanks for you time!

~M

Edited by Marrob89

hi there im new to this so im wondering if anyonecould help me find

givenchy's ange ou demon le secret- top notes: lemon, tea middle notes: jasmine, peony base notes: bloodwood

many thanks

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a scent similar to Britney Spears' "Believe" - notes of guava, tangerine, honeysuckle, linden blossom, amber and patchouli. So a sort of sweet, citrusy floral? It's one of my guilty non-BPAL loves but I hate that it's commercial/tested on animals etc, so I'd love to find a BPAL equivalent.

Thanks! :)

I've been feeling nostalgic lately for lost family members - and for happier, less chronic pain times - and my grandmother, almost all of her adult life, only wore one perfume. In fact, every year for Christmas, my grandpa gave her a bottle of the perfume with a hundred dollar bill taped to it - same gift every year ;)

Are there any bpal scents that would remind me of White Shoulders?

Description is vague so I hope someone has smelled it before!

Description: classic florals including gardenia, lilac, amber, oakmoss, and jasmine.

My female friend says to tell you guys that BPAL Sea of Glass smells almost exactly like Avon's Sunny Sky, but a little cleaner and a little less fruity.

I'm looking for a scent somewhat like Forever Sunshine from B&BW. (Apricot, peony and praline are the main notes for the shower gel, which is what I used, but the spray lists these notes: "juicy tangerine, golden apricot, sparkling mandarin, exotic berries, gardenia petals, freesia, pink peonies, vanilla bean gelato, creamy sandalwood, nuzzly musks, a touch of sweet praline." Maybe Haloes? (figures it would be a hard to find scent...)

looking for three things - i'm trying to find something to match scents i've fallen in love with.

one is Kyphi, the version used in the *candles* by the Sanctuary Spa in London. it's honey, wine, vanilla, and sandalwood, i think.

the other is Orange Sapphire by BBW - blood orange, orange, sparkling grapefruit, Sicilian bergamot, mandarin, white jasmine, magnolia, orchid, freesia and lily of the valley, musk, patchouli and vetiver, vanilla, white amber, honey. it's got that almost peppery scent you get with blood oranges and grapefruit and the sweetness of the oranges without smelling like orange juice.

the last is Azzemour by Crabtree and Evelyn. violet, bergamot and tangerine at the onset warmed by sandalwood, moss, amber and musk with some romantic florals to center it such as freesia, gardenia and Moroccan rose touched with clove. *note* please no suggestions that are heavy on the rose or violet - neither like me in oil form.

Edited by thepiratequeen

I'm looking for a scent somewhat like Forever Sunshine from B&BW. (Apricot, peony and praline are the main notes for the shower gel, which is what I used, but the spray lists these notes: "juicy tangerine, golden apricot, sparkling mandarin, exotic berries, gardenia petals, freesia, pink peonies, vanilla bean gelato, creamy sandalwood, nuzzly musks, a touch of sweet praline." Maybe Haloes? (figures it would be a hard to find scent...)

I find Haloes quite woody/creamy, not so much fruity-floral, which it sounds more like this is. Have you tried Tamora? Belle Vinu? What is your impression of the general feel of the scent?

the last is Azzemour by Crabtree and Evelyn. violet, bergamot and tangerine at the onset warmed by sandalwood, moss, amber and musk with some romantic florals to center it such as freesia, gardenia and Moroccan rose touched with clove. *note* please no suggestions that are heavy on the rose or violet - neither like me in oil form.

Perhaps a long shot, but maybe Pallas Athene for the last one? Notes are listed as "Antiqued amber, cumin, saffron, frankincense, Atlas cedar, myrrh, mandarin, Ceylon cinnamon bark, and osmanthus."

looking for three things - i'm trying to find something to match scents i've fallen in love with.

one is Kyphi, the version used in the *candles* by the Sanctuary Spa in London. it's honey, wine, vanilla, and sandalwood, i think.

the other is Orange Sapphire by BBW - blood orange, orange, sparkling grapefruit, Sicilian bergamot, mandarin, white jasmine, magnolia, orchid, freesia and lily of the valley, musk, patchouli and vetiver, vanilla, white amber, honey. it's got that almost peppery scent you get with blood oranges and grapefruit and the sweetness of the oranges without smelling like orange juice.

I would try Athens or Cairo for the Kyphi scent.

for Orange Sapphire, maybe Geisha in Orange Kimono Admiring a Samurai or Night-Gaunt?

I would try Athens or Cairo for the Kyphi scent.

for Orange Sapphire, maybe Geisha in Orange Kimono Admiring a Samurai or Night-Gaunt?

Night Gaunt, on me, is far too bitter and almost oily... Orange Sapphire is a spicy sweet scent - not *sticky* sweet and definitely not bitter. hadn't tried Geisha yet, though.

as a side note, Azzemour comes off (on me) as sandalwood and amber, with some spices and *VERY* minimal rose. i never got any of the tangerine, violet, or bergamot they mention in the notes. hell, if i'd known it even had violet in it, i probably wouldn't have bought it originally.