Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Looking for a BPAL that Resembles a Favorite Perfume

Hopefully it works for you, too, thekittencat! Dancing Koi is gorgeous. :D

I don't normally have skin chemistry that skews scents, so I'm guessing that my experience would be typical for someone without skin that amps or diminishes notes.

Nude Woman Reclining smells very similar to Armani's discontinued Mania for women (black cap) to me...but better. Just saying... :wub2:

I have Rituals Hammam foamy shower gel - it says it's eucalyptus and rosemary. I LOVE the scent, but it doesn't stick around long, and just mixing essential oils gets you something very different. Is there something of the lab that smells like it?

Alright, trying to enable a coworker, and she says she likes Bath and Body Works Dark Kiss.

Here's the excerpt from the site:

"...voluptuous berries, tempting blooms, sensual incense and night musk for this daring and seductive fragrance.

Top Notes: Bergamot, Incense, Mirabelle Plum, Black Raspberry

Mid Notes: Amber, Burgundy Rose, Geranium, Peony

Base Notes: Dark Vanilla Bean, Labdanum, Vetiver, Sensual Balsam, Musks"

"... is a seductive blend of dark berries with a kiss of vanilla to unleash your most primal passions

Key fragrance notes: sensual incense, Mirabelle plum, and night musk"

Anyone know of a BPAL that may fit the bill? I'm going to scour the site later, but wondering if anything comes to mind for anyone.

Blood Countess, maybe? Or Dionysia?

Blood Countess: Corrupted black plum, smoky opium and crumbling dead roses covered by a deceptive veil of Hungarian lilac, white gardenia and wild berry.

Dionysia: Wild plum, pomegranate, raspberry, Siamese benzoin, plum blossom, patchouli, frankincense, and mahogany.

I've never smelled Dark Kiss, so I'm just working off the listed notes. Those are the most similar ones that I can think of right off the top of my head. :)

Edited by Penance

Blood Countess, maybe? Or Dionysia?

Blood Countess: Corrupted black plum, smoky opium and crumbling dead roses covered by a deceptive veil of Hungarian lilac, white gardenia and wild berry.

Dionysia: Wild plum, pomegranate, raspberry, Siamese benzoin, plum blossom, patchouli, frankincense, and mahogany.

I've never smelled Dark Kiss, so I'm just working off the listed notes. Those are the most similar ones that I can think of right off the top of my head. :)

Oooh! Thanks! I happen to have a bit of both of those, so I can easily bring them in for her to try out. I'll still keep an eye to the spreadsheets, but it's a good start. :joy:

Alright, trying to enable a coworker, and she says she likes Bath and Body Works Dark Kiss.

(snip)

"... is a seductive blend of dark berries with a kiss of vanilla to unleash your most primal passions

Key fragrance notes: sensual incense, Mirabelle plum, and night musk"[/i]

Anyone know of a BPAL that may fit the bill? I'm going to scour the site later, but wondering if anything comes to mind for anyone.

The Red Queen, maybe? "Deep mahogany and rich, velvety woods lacquered with sweet, black-red cherries and currant."

It's one of my favorites, but you have to give it time to dry. While wet it has a sharp cherry cough syrup smell.

Oooh! Thanks! I happen to have a bit of both of those, so I can easily bring them in for her to try out. I'll still keep an eye to the spreadsheets, but it's a good start. :joy:

You're welcome! I hope one of them is a winner! :D

"...voluptuous berries, tempting blooms, sensual incense and night musk for this daring and seductive fragrance.

This may be somewhat unhelpful, but my mother used to wear Angel by Thierry Mugler and she says Dark Kiss is a dead ringer for it. I thought they smelled similar, but I'm not quite as familiar with Angel so I'm not positive. I've seen people compare Angel to The Antikythera Mechanism, Green Tree Viper, and Xiuhtecuhtli, so you might want to try those on your friend too - just in case.

This may be somewhat unhelpful, but my mother used to wear Angel by Thierry Mugler and she says Dark Kiss is a dead ringer for it. I thought they smelled similar, but I'm not quite as familiar with Angel so I'm not positive. I've seen people compare Angel to The Antikythera Mechanism, Green Tree Viper, and Xiuhtecuhtli, so you might want to try those on your friend too - just in case.

Banshee Beat is identical to Angel on me, too, only longer lasting.

My all time favorite perfume is Armani Code for women.

Top Notes

Bitter Orange, Italian Orange, Sambac Jasmine

Middle Notes

Orange Blossom Absolute

Base Notes

Vanilla, Honey

Delicious. I wonder if there are an BPAL scents that have a more interesting orange/vanilla/honey mixture.

Edited by Vickery

Top Notes

Middle Notes

Orange Blossom Absolute

Base Notes

Vanilla, Honey

Delicious. I wonder if there are an BPAL scents that have a more interesting orange/vanilla/honey mixture.

Now I don't know what Armani Code for women smells like but when I saw this, what first popped into my mind was Jezebel.

A gloriously decadent blend of honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood.

Top Notes

Middle Notes

Orange Blossom Absolute

Base Notes

Vanilla, Honey

Now I don't know what Armani Code for women smells like but when I saw this, what first popped into my mind was Jezebel.

A gloriously decadent blend of honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood.

I'll have to get an imp of Jezebel. Unfortunately, rose scents tend to sour on my skin something awful. I was gifted Rockin' Rio by Valentino a couple years back. Gave it a try, but all I got from the perfume was wave after wave of sickly sweet rose. Great notes, but all it was on me was rose, rose, rose.

"Rock'n Rose Perfume by Valentino, A rose scent, it contains muguet, bergamot and blackcurrant notes at the top, around a heart of rose and white florals including gardenia and orange blossom. At the base are notes of vanilla, orris and musk."

Still willing to have a rose scent prove me wrong >:)

One of my favourite perfumes is Amour by Kenzo, I'd love to find a BPAL that's close to it :

Frangipani, cherry blossom, white tea, frankincense, thanaka wood, rice, vanilla.

Any ideas? :D

One of my favourite perfumes is Amour by Kenzo, I'd love to find a BPAL that's close to it :

Frangipani, cherry blossom, white tea, frankincense, thanaka wood, rice, vanilla.

I'm thinking there is a Salon perfume that may be close. I will have to skin test Amour and a few salons and will reply back here when I do. :)

Any ideas for matches to Donna Karan Cashmere Luxe?

Sandalwood, Suede, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Orris, Amber, Vanilla, Musk

I got a bottle of Dark Kiss lotion the other day and when I opened it to sniff it got all over the place. I also happened to be wearing Dorian at the time. And I swear Dark Kiss is Dorian + red fruit. Probably sounds a little strange, but my mother agreed. They are remarkably similar, and even though Dark Kiss is fruitier, I'd recommend having your friend try some Dorian.

Based on the notes it makes no sense, and may be a skin chemistry thing, but I think Morocco and Amour smell very similar. When I first tried Morocco, I had to go dig my sample of Amour out I was so surprised. YMMV. :D

I'm wondering if there's a BPAL that resembles Couture Couture or Juicy Couture. Also I'd like to know if theres something similar to Romance by Lancome. I like these perfumes but perfume sprays always make me sneeze. :cry2:

I'm still looking for one similar to Juicy Couture too...or maybe even Kat Von D's saint. I like that sweet caramel smell every once in awhile.

Ralph Lauren Hot is one of my favorite perfumes, and I still haven't found anything similar.

Top Notes

Mandarin, Almond Blossom, Cinnamon

Middle Notes

Mocha Cream, Orchid, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Fresh Milk, Fig Notes

Base Notes

Maple, Vanilla, Amber, Musk , Sandalwood

I tried Persephone for the first time yesterday, and it honestly smells almost identical to YSL's Parisienne on me. Luckily, it's much cheaper and doesn't have any of the yucky alcohol smell! It's great for spring. I'm glad I tried it.

About 6 months ago (long before BPAL) I got a sample of Diesel's Only The Brave for my hubby. He doesn't wear cologne often, but we both like this. The notes are listed as: lemon, violet, leather, styrax, labdanum, cedar and amber.

Anything in BPAL that might smell this way? I'd love to get him wearing BPAL too!

i know this is a long shot, but i just adore 1000 by jean patou. does anyone know of a similar bpal fragrance?

Top: bergamot, coriander, eucalyptus, angelica

Middle: osmanthus, rose, jasmine, violet

Base: sandalwood, patchouli, vetiver, civet