Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Looking for a BPAL that Resembles a Favorite Perfume

The only bpal i've ever tried that was really similar to commercial perfume was Hua Mulan. I was like...... am I wearing Estee Lauder perfume? O.o

really? i had estee pleasures as well. nice fume though

im still curious about how follow be boy would smell :D

I searched for this, but couldn't find any answers.

Is there any BPAL scent similar to Arcana's Queen Crossbones? I recieved a frimp of Queen Crossbones and fell in love, only to discover that Arcana have discontinued it!

Still looking for this! :) I'm making my first BPAL order soon, so if anyone does know, pleaaaase tell me, cos I need more of that scent in my life. :)

Just got a sample of Histoires des Parfums Tuberose 2 Virginale - from their Tuberose Trilogy and it smells very much like BPAL's Dark Delicacies on me. Both are amazing.

Does anybody knows a good and stronger BPAL version of:

Nina Ricci's Amour d'Amandier?

bottle looks like this:

nd.1285.jpg

a sweet and floral scent The freshness is brought in by mandarin and lemon at the top notes, along with the sweet peach and exotic kiwi. Gourmand notes of marzipan and heliotrope create the delicious heart. The passion of the “Amour d’Amandier” is softened at the base of sandalwood, vanilla and white musk.

Banshee Beat smells nearly identical to Angel on me. Which is bizarre because they don't share many notes. :huh?:

Banshee Beat smells nearly identical to Angel on me. Which is bizarre because they don't share many notes. :huh?:

:lol: I was at the doctor the other day and a nurse walked down the hall, backtracked and said, "Oh, you are wearing my favorite perfume, Angel, right?" I was wearing Banshee Beat!

:lol: I was at the doctor the other day and a nurse walked down the hall, backtracked and said, "Oh, you are wearing my favorite perfume, Angel, right?" I was wearing Banshee Beat!

:lol:

Glad it's not just me. I couldn't figure out what it reminded me of at first and then it hit me. It smells even more like Angel the longer I have it on.

I've been out of the bpal loop for a year or two but would love to get back into it. I would love to find an alternative to Private Collection: Un Crime Exotique by Parfumerie Generale. I love the scent but would prefer a oil based bpal.

Notes are: Chinese osmanthus, gingerbread, tea, cinnamon, star anise, mate absolute, vanilla sugar, South Sea Island sandalwood.

Notes are: Chinese osmanthus, gingerbread, tea, cinnamon, star anise, mate absolute, vanilla sugar, South Sea Island sandalwood.

I'd suggest trying:

*Bengal: skin musk with honey, peppers, clove, cinnamon bark and ginger. Very pretty, honeyed, sweet spices.

*Plunder: tea leaf, cassia, cinnamon bark, clove, allspice, sandalwood, tobacco, peppercorn, and nutmeg. More intense spiciness with some tea and woods.

*Shub-Niggurath: A blend of ritual herbs and dark resins, shot through with three gingers and aphrodisiacal spices. Darker gingerbread scent.

*White Rabbit: black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen. More heavy on the milky tea and clean linen with a backdrop of spiciness.

And maybe Bakeneko if you can find it (notes of amber musk, tangerine, black tea leaf, cardamom, cherry blossom and cinnamon).

Edited by Little Bird

they share patchouli and vanilla I think. Angel seems to be more of a gourmand bomb in the notes though.

This makes me want to try Banshee Beat now...

Alright, I am hoping someone knows this one!

I am looking for a BPAL alternative to Cie by Jacqueline Cochran, released by Shulton (link one, two, and three). It was my mothers favourite perfume when she was 19 but it has been long since discontinued, and she would absolutely flip if I could find a replacement. Can't find notes, but it's described as a floral blend... EDIT: I found a review of Cie which describes the scent as "an Aldehydic Floral with a full white floral heart and mossy, Chypre elements. It's very elegant, understated, yet rich and voluptuous, sweetly golden-honeyed as well as fresh, woodsy and green. It's totally multifaceted, full of sunshine, warm, soft, natural and intelligently blended."

Barring that, her second favourite perfume is L'Air Du Temps by Nina Ricci, which is a spicy floral blend, once again I don't know the notes. Are there any BPAL that are similar to that?

Basically these are her two previous favourites, so I want to find her some similar scents, and anything in that similar scent vein is welcome! I want to surprise her as part of her Christmas presents. :heart:

EDIT: Oh and as a note, she's only tried Silenti, but she likes it, and wants something similar but lighter.

Thank you very much in advance!! ;)

Edited by The Amber Dawn

I'm looking for something similar to Je T'M by Lulu Castagnette. It's a really light fruity/floral scent. According to a fragrance encyclopedia, the notes are:

Top notes: Lychee, peach, pomegranate

Middle notes: Lotus, Raspberry, Rose, Passionfruit

Base notes: Amber, woodsy, vanilla, musk, cedar

Other bright, light fruity/florals are good too. Other perfumes I have liked are MyOcean by Club Med, Victoria's Secret Amber Blackberry, and Britney Spears Curious (which smells just like MyOcean to me).

they share patchouli and vanilla I think. Angel seems to be more of a gourmand bomb in the notes though.

This makes me want to try Banshee Beat now...

Yeah, but the funny part is I get no patchouli at all from either Angel or Banshee Beat and I love patchouli (I was hoping for an earthy scent with a touch of vanilla from BB, but it was a no go). They're both sweet, heady and slightly musky instead. Nice enough, but not for me. :(

So my mom can't find her favorite perfume anywhere, and I would like to get her something to replace it for Christmas.

What better than BPAL?!

Her perfume is Elizabeth Arden's Provocative Woman. I can't find a note list for it anywhere :cry2: Yay found a note list!

Seductive. Intoxicating. An intense fusion of tantalizing Oriental ingredients combined with a sexy, magnetic floralcy.

Top Notes: Quince, Water Lotus and Ginger

Middle Notes: Midnight Orchid, Papaya Blossom and Pink Freesia

Base Notes: White Sand, Red Amber and Hinoki Wood

Others she has worn and loved over the years are Tresor, Fire and Ice, Vanilla Musk...

She likes non-headache-inducing florals, vanilla, bright fruits, musk, and sandalwood notes. She probably won't like anything too smoky or anything remotely boozy, and no licorice.

Most of those perfumes have oriental listed somewhere in their descriptions.

Any recs??

Edited by vanillabean

Alright, I am hoping someone knows this one!

I am looking for a BPAL alternative to Cie by Jacqueline Cochran, released by Shulton (link one, two, and three). It was my mothers favourite perfume when she was 19 but it has been long since discontinued, and she would absolutely flip if I could find a replacement. Can't find notes, but it's described as a floral blend... EDIT: I found a review of Cie which describes the scent as "an Aldehydic Floral with a full white floral heart and mossy, Chypre elements. It's very elegant, understated, yet rich and voluptuous, sweetly golden-honeyed as well as fresh, woodsy and green. It's totally multifaceted, full of sunshine, warm, soft, natural and intelligently blended."

Barring that, her second favourite perfume is L'Air Du Temps by Nina Ricci, which is a spicy floral blend, once again I don't know the notes. Are there any BPAL that are similar to that?

Basically these are her two previous favourites, so I want to find her some similar scents, and anything in that similar scent vein is welcome! I want to surprise her as part of her Christmas presents. :heart:

EDIT: Oh and as a note, she's only tried Silenti, but she likes it, and wants something similar but lighter.

Thank you very much in advance!! ;)

For the Cie, and this is totally just a guess, maybe she could try Sunflower from the Salon. Notes are: "Sunflower bouquet, black amber, creeping black moss, wilted greenery, and scorched, dry stems". When I wear it, the flowers are the strongest note, followed by the moss, and there's little if anything scorched that I can detect. I don't wear florals much but I thought it could be worth a shot if you happened across a sample.

For the Cie, and this is totally just a guess, maybe she could try Sunflower from the Salon. Notes are: "Sunflower bouquet, black amber, creeping black moss, wilted greenery, and scorched, dry stems". When I wear it, the flowers are the strongest note, followed by the moss, and there's little if anything scorched that I can detect. I don't wear florals much but I thought it could be worth a shot if you happened across a sample.

Hmm, I'll definitely keep an eye out for that one.. I don't know much about florals either, and without a note list I'm kind of stumped. :huh?:

Double post to (maybe) be more helpful...

Created by Jacqueline Cochran of PPI, a fresh floral-fruity and woody parfum with top notes of French marigold and lily of the valley, heart notes of ylang-ylang, tuberose, jasmine, vetiver and patchouli, on base notes of moss, sandalwood, amber and musk

Now, the description shows up on this site next to the perfume named Niki de Saint-Phalle, which Jacqueline Cochran did not create. The smell seemed similar so I hope it helps :)

Double post to (maybe) be more helpful...

Created by Jacqueline Cochran of PPI, a fresh floral-fruity and woody parfum with top notes of French marigold and lily of the valley, heart notes of ylang-ylang, tuberose, jasmine, vetiver and patchouli, on base notes of moss, sandalwood, amber and musk

Now, the description shows up on this site next to the perfume named Niki de Saint-Phalle, which Jacqueline Cochran did not create. The smell seemed similar so I hope it helps :)

Hmmm! That does sound sort of like what the reviewer described.... Seems weird how little info there is on this scent. It's listed everywhere, but only as discontinued! Arg.

As for the 92$ perfume, I think I'll hold off and get her something else, as that is well above my pay-grade. :lol:

I'll have to check the BPAL catalogue for some of those notes though, and see if I can come up with something...

Im looking for a nice bpal oil that is similair to Nina Ricci's Amour d Amandier

notes are:

mandarin and lemon at the top notes,

sweet peach, kiwi. marzipan and heliotrope.

sandalwood, vanilla and white musk

thoughts anyone?