Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Looking for a BPAL that Resembles a Favorite Perfume

My father owns a perfume that costs 300 Euro a 50ml bottle, X by Clive Christian, and I swear it smells just like Three Gorgons. It seems to have a longer wearlength, though (Three Gorgons is awfully short-lived on me).

I'm a bit confused because I think X for women looks more like it could be the one resembling Three Gorgons, but from the bottle of X you cannot tell if it's the male or female version.

I don't know if it's been said before but I just smelled Dorian and it reminded me Sugar Lemon by Fresh - SO MUCH.

I've had three separate people stop me in the street to ask if I'm wearing Shalimar--but no, it's always Womb Furie. I've never smelled Shalimar, but apparently the ladies-on-the-street think Womb Furie smells very Guerlain.

I am looking for a Egyptian Goddess by auric blends, any similar scents from BPAL?

I've never smelled Egyptian Goddess, but it sounds like Bastet (Luxuriant amber, warm Egyptian musk, fierce saffron and soft myrrh, almond, cardamom and golden lotus), Salomé (Exotic and lush, brimming with grace and viciousness: almond with star jasmine, oakmoss, red sandalwood and Egyptian musk), and possibly Mr. Ibis (Papyrus, vanilla flower, Egyptian musk, African musk, aloe ferox, white sandalwood) might be similar, or at least in the same scent family. I've only tried Bastet out of those three, and it's truly beautiful. :)

Edited by plainjean

Serge Lutens, Serge Noir...."patchouli, cinnamon, amber and black woods"......once you get past the alarming cumin wet stage (even though it's not listed, lots of reviews complain about a BO vibe in the beginning), there is a bpal feel to this scent. I would say it's a cross between Brimstone and Sin.

I liked it but bpal is better and more complex!

I searched for this, but couldn't find any answers.

Is there any BPAL scent similar to Arcana's Queen Crossbones? I recieved a frimp of Queen Crossbones and fell in love, only to discover that Arcana have discontinued it!

Okay I was sure I posted this yesterday but I guess I utterly failed somehow.

I have been using Lise Watier's Capteur de Rêve as my main perfume for years. It smells lovely, its notes are lily of the valley, birch, fir, lotus, magnolia, sage, and probably resin or amber or something like that. I can also smell a bit of smoke, dust and dirt in there, in a good, natural way. Those weren't in the description though, so not sure if it's just me.

I'm looking for something BPAL similar.

The other thing is I'm looking for something similar to Cabochard (vintage Cabochard if possible) by Grès for my mom and it's uber important because my mother can't find cabochard easily around here anymore, and she misses the vintage one. It's a very leathery and animalistic perfume in a way. A note list, that I believe is from the vintage edition, I found on the internet lists it this way: bergamot, mandarin, galbanum, ylang ylang, jasmine, Bulgarian rose, clove, oakmoss, tobacco, musk, iris, sandalwood, vetiver, leather, castoreum, patchouli and labdanum.

I really hope to find something similar that my mom would love. I should insist that tobacco, musk and leather play a bigger part in this one than, let's say, patchouli does.

I really hope one of you scent goddesses can help me with this.

^^Can't help you with those questions, but I'm sure someone else around here could! However...speaking of leather....

I'm noticing that Avant Garde by M. Micallef has a resemblance to Bpal's 413 U.S. 15/Miller Vs. California.

Avant Garde notes: bergamot, grapefruit, cocoa bean, tobacco, incense, Russian leather, tonka bean, grey amber

Miller Vs. California notes: Leather, cognac, fig, ripe berry, and cream, stuffed into a plain brown paper bag

.....so, one is a semi-hard to find LE (Miller Vs. California), and the other is prohibitively expensive. Not sure if that really helps anyone but I thought I would point it out! : ) They're not dupes by any means but the mood is similar.

Is there a BPAL blend that smalls like Aquolina Pink Sugar?

I have not been able to find it here I live, and I can't really have it shipped because I am in Europe. I haven't smelled it, but all the reviews i have read sound amazing. I have Plastic Pink Flamingo, but I am looking for something a little.....more.

Any suggestions?

I thought of Pink Sugar when I smelled Rosy Maple.

Pink Sugar notes are:

Bergamot, Sicilian Orange, Raspberry, Fig Leaves, Lily of the Valley, Licorice, Strawberry, Red Fruit, Cotton Candy, Vanilla, Caramel, Musk, Wood, Powder.

Rosy Maple:

Lemon blossom, vanilla bean, huckleberry, sweet pea, rose sugar, acai berry, and candyfloss.

They both have a raspberry-citrus, cotton-candy sweetness, but RM lacks any caramel or woods.

Okay, so... I am looking for a BPAL with the same general feel as Ralph Lauren Polo Double Black.

Notes are: Mango, Pepper/Roasted Coffee, Indonesian Nutmeg/Rich Woods, Cardamom, Juniper Berry

It opens with a very fruity, almost mandarin and tamarind sort of note, with just a touch of spice. The drydown is a very creamy scent... it has a slight hint of mango, which lends a watery quality, but is primarily woods, cardamom, and a dash of nutmeg.

Matching to either stage is fine with me. I'm mainly looking for something to layer this with to help the lasting power. Not that it fades fast... I just like layering for depth and weartime. :P

Of course, I'll be doing my own tests and reporting back if I find anything.

I'm looking for a BPAL scent that's similar to "Nina" by Nina Ricci! The notes are: Calabrese Lemon, Cipirinha Lime, Red Toffee Apple, Vanilla Infusion, Moonflower, Peony Petals, Apple Tree Wood, Cotton Musk. I'd describe the scent as fruity, a little foody, and sweet.

Edited by Ryokumuji

I don't think that there's a bpal that smells *a lot* like Pink Sugar. I think that it's hard to smell like Pink Sugar without actively trying to copy it. That said, I think Velvet Unicorn has been the most similar to Pink Sugar for me (notes of "spun sugar, sparkling rainbow candies, strawberries, merangue, and cherry fluff").

I've had three separate people stop me in the street to ask if I'm wearing Shalimar--but no, it's always Womb Furie. I've never smelled Shalimar, but apparently the ladies-on-the-street think Womb Furie smells very Guerlain.

I wore Dracul out for drinks with a (female) friend, and she said it smelled a *lot* like Shalimar.

So I stopped wearing that one.

Joyful Moon smells like Avon Soft Musk to me. But not just Avon Soft Musk...Soft Musk on my ex-step-mom. It always smelled different on her than on anyone I've ever smelled wearing it....beautiful, cozy, sexy, safe, warm. She's gone now and to have something that reminds me of her? It's wonderful.

I have not been able to find it here I live, and I can't really have it shipped because I am in Europe. I haven't smelled it, but all the reviews i have read sound amazing. I have Plastic Pink Flamingo, but I am looking for something a little.....more.

Any suggestions?

You reminded me, there's actually a whole thread about Pink Sugar resemblances here. Feel free to bump it if you like!

Joyful Moon smells like Avon Soft Musk to me. But not just Avon Soft Musk...Soft Musk on my ex-step-mom. It always smelled different on her than on anyone I've ever smelled wearing it....beautiful, cozy, sexy, safe, warm. She's gone now and to have something that reminds me of her? It's wonderful.

:cry2: that's so sweet.

hi Girls!

Im looking for a replacement for the perfume from Dolce & Gabana By that i can't get

Here's some info:

My link

And for Chipie from Coty as well:

maybe more lasting one

My link

I appriciate your help ;)

There's a whole topic dedicated to comparing more mainstream perfumes to BPAL. It's right here. The best thing to do would be to search in that thread to see if anyone has made any comparisons yet. If not, you can ask in there and I'm sure someone can suggest something based on the notes. :D

hi! another question here :

If anybody is familair with Chipie from Coty can you pls tell me wich BPAL will suits the best?

And is Haunted a mix from instant guerlain and shalimar? :huh:

Also i'd like to know what a similair maintream/niche fume is comparable to Follow me boy :smile:

thanks!

hi! another question here :

If anybody is familair with Chipie from Coty can you pls tell me wich BPAL will suits the best?

And is Haunted a mix from instant guerlain and shalimar? :huh:

Also i'd like to know what a similair maintream/niche fume is comparable to Follow me boy :smile:

thanks!

I did get a Guerlain Shalimar feel from Haunted. I liked it and wanted to re-test, but I accidentally sent it away. I want to try it again to see if it's bottle-worthy.