Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Looking for a BPAL that Resembles a Favorite Perfume

I don't think I posted here, and I've searched and haven't been able to find my answer yet. I'm looking for something that smells like Kate Spade perfume (I loved this stuff)

"The heart of the fragrance is summer honeysuckle. it is enhanced by other white flowers that kate truly adores: gardenia, jasmine, tuberose, and fresh muguet."

and Trish McEvoy's No. 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk

"Mouthwatering, magnetic, Trish's No 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk is an irresistible blend of caramelized blackberries and vanilla infused with the

warm aromas of musk and white rose"

These have been the only perfumes that I have loved enough to wear religiously in the past.

My mother wears Roma, and I'm noticing that Night's Bridge reminds me quite a bit of that. That might explain why I find it so nice and comforting!

"Mouthwatering, magnetic, Trish's No 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk is an irresistible blend of caramelized blackberries and vanilla infused with the

These have been the only perfumes that I have loved enough to wear religiously in the past.

Lady Una has vanilla and blackberry

I don't know if I have posted this already but Diabolical Offspring smells a lot like Chanel N 5.
I got Chanel No. 5 from Wicked.

Anyone know of a BPAL similar to Armani Sensi? Notes (from Perfume Emporium) are: A sensitive, serene blend of clean elegant notes, Sensi opens with a burst of kaffir Lime softened with acacia farnese. Sensuous barley, Cape jasmine, palissander wood, benzoin and vanilla accents create subtle nuances of sensuality. It's kind of warm yet light, very much a skin scent--but very hard to describe! I'm hoping someone knows it and has found a BPAL with the same feel. TIA!

I don't think I posted here, and I've searched and haven't been able to find my answer yet. I'm looking for something that smells like Kate Spade perfume (I loved this stuff)

"The heart of the fragrance is summer honeysuckle. it is enhanced by other white flowers that kate truly adores: gardenia, jasmine, tuberose, and fresh muguet."

This isn't 100% dead-on to the description, and I haven't smelled Kate Spade... or any of my suggestions (blind leading the blind?) but I just ran a few quick searches, and this is what I got (I focused on the GC cause you can order IMPs pretty easily over trying to hunt down an imp and a bottle of an LE if its something you decide you love).

New Orleans has both honeysuckle and jasmine in it. However, it also has citrus and spice to finish it off.

Eos is "that of softly glowing skin, jasmine, buttercup and honeysuckle".

See this review for Cobra Lily.

Chuparosa- some reviews have suggested notes of honeysuckle, rose, jasmine, gardenia, etc.

Good luck!

edit: removed a scent that didn't fit!

Edited by capncait

Anyone know of a BPAL similar to Armani Sensi? Notes (from Perfume Emporium) are: A sensitive, serene blend of clean elegant notes, Sensi opens with a burst of kaffir Lime softened with acacia farnese. Sensuous barley, Cape jasmine, palissander wood, benzoin and vanilla accents create subtle nuances of sensuality. It's kind of warm yet light, very much a skin scent--but very hard to describe! I'm hoping someone knows it and has found a BPAL with the same feel. TIA!

I used to have a bottle of Sensi, and I remember it as being a soft woodsy skin scent, on me.

My top suggestion would be Morocco; I find it very similar to Sensi.

You may also want to try Lucretia and And There Was a Great Cry in Egypt, from the Salon. Another one to try would be the new GC Paramatman.

I tried searching this topic but the search brought up way too many pages of posts that weren't really what I was looking for, so in case I'm repeating something that's already been asked, I apologize!

My mom wore Vanilla Fields for years and I'm thinking of having her try some BPAL blends that might be similar. They don't have to be exactly like it, but I know that she likes vanilla. I'm already planning to have her try Snake Oil, but are there any good recommendations for something close to VF?

Here's what I found for the notes: Vanilla Fields is an elegant, oriental, woody fragrance. This fragrance is a blend of natural notes from vanilla, jasmine, violet, bergamot, ylang-ylang and mimosa.

Thanks in advance!

How about something in the vein of Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolfe, or CH by Carolina Herrara? They're almost identical on me, CH is a little sweeter, Flowerbomb has more tea.

Here are the notes:

Flowerbomb - bergamot, tea, jasmine, freesia, orchid, centiflora rose and patchouli. ( I don't get any of these notes, except the tea/bergamot. It is very sweet and I don't get anything floral).

CH - An intriguing fragrance mysterious and complex opening with a floral accord of bergamot, orange, grapefruit and a juicy melon. Bulgarian rose, jasmine and praline are at the heart and the base is an oriental delight of cinnamon, woody notes and leather. ( The leather, cinnamon, praline and bergamot are detectable, I also get something very sweet, like in Flowerbomb).

I used to have a bottle of Sensi, and I remember it as being a soft woodsy skin scent, on me.

My top suggestion would be Morocco; I find it very similar to Sensi.

You may also want to try Lucretia and And There Was a Great Cry in Egypt, from the Salon. Another one to try would be the new GC Paramatman.

Thanks for the suggestions, parrot_suspect! I love Morocco, although it doesn't remind me of Sensi. I will hunt down imps of the other, though to check them out!

Is that Kate Spade Beauty? I loved that one too, and the closest I've ever found is June Gloom '09 - though there's always a chance I'm remembering it wrong!

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I just now noticed how similar dry Baobhan Sith is to Fresh's Sugar Lychee lotion and perfume. I was about to put the lotion on my hands when I stopped to smell it, smelled two hour old Baobhan Sith on my arms, and thought, "Huzzah! A match!" I do find it very bizarre, as the only note they have in common is grapefruit:

Sugar Lychee:

Top -- grapefruit, Italian lemon, lime blossom

Heart -- lychee, lotus Flower, freesia

Base: sandalwood, tonka bean, amber

I'm so thrilled! Now I've found *TWO* BPALs that match my Fresh perfumes! (Dorian is a great dupe for all the Fresh Sugar lovers).

I would *LOVE* to find something that smells like Bath and Body Works' Breathe:Sensuality - Amber Myrrh. I'm pretty sure said myrrh is actually *sweet* myrrh/opoponax, btw. And i can't seem to find anything that has the notes listed anywhere.

Edit: durrr.... I had the perfect match all along. The Black Rider - Black leather, oppoponax, tobacco, and black amber. It's a little darker, but still perfect.

Edited by thepiratequeen

Ok, so I looked through all TWENTY TWO pages to make sure this wasn't asked yet... but my eyes started to glaze over around page seven, and it's very possible I may missed something. :blush:

When the movie Memoirs of a Geisha came out, Fresh released a perfume called, er, Memoires of a Geisha.

It was my signature scent while my bottle lasted, but I've long since run out, and the perfume was limited edition to tie in with the movie.

Sephora still had the information up even though it's not being sold any more, so here it is:

Develop an air of mystery and sensuality with this subtle blend of sheer jasmine flower and pure rose absolute with sparkling langsat fruit and white peach. Gentle undertones of iris root, white sandalwood, and musk highlight and enhance the scent without overpowering.

Despite the description, it's really not terribly fruity.

Any recs for a BPAL scent that comes close? Preferably something GC, since I'm too greedy with my imps to trade? :P

Ok, so I looked through all TWENTY TWO pages to make sure this wasn't asked yet... but my eyes started to glaze over around page seven, and it's very possible I may missed something. :blush:

When the movie Memoirs of a Geisha came out, Fresh released a perfume called, er, Memoires of a Geisha.

It was my signature scent while my bottle lasted, but I've long since run out, and the perfume was limited edition to tie in with the movie.

Sephora still had the information up even though it's not being sold any more, so here it is:

Develop an air of mystery and sensuality with this subtle blend of sheer jasmine flower and pure rose absolute with sparkling langsat fruit and white peach. Gentle undertones of iris root, white sandalwood, and musk highlight and enhance the scent without overpowering.

Any recs for a BPAL scent that comes close? Preferably something GC, since I'm too greedy with my imps to trade? :P

I wonder if La Vague would come close? Or perhaps Peach Moon? Though, if its not really peachy given those notes... what would you characterize this scent as, floral musk?

La Vague (White peach, lily of the valley, jasmine, rose, iris, osmanthus, tangerine, white wine grape, and cream accord.)

Peach Moon (Dew-covered PEACH blossom, white tea, moonlit musk, night-blooming jasmine, ho wood, and chrysanthemum.) thsi would be the less fruity of the two IMO

Does anyone know a similar BPAL to Bath & Body Works new scent 'Dark Kiss'? They might come out with a full perfume with the full collection release August 30 but still. Here is the info from their site:

Top notes: Bergamot, Incense, Mirabelle Plum, Black Raspberry

Mid Notes: Amber, Burgundy Rose, Geranium, Peony

Base Notes: Dark Vanilla Bean, Labdanum, Vetiver, Sensual Balsam, Musks

I was thinking le vague too. Its a really yummy mix between the sweetness of the peach and the florals. I know TTP is doing a decant circle of the retail exclusives right now, so you might wanna check that out and see if there is still a spot there.

Some of the GC salons have peach + florals too, but I'm not sure what they smell like, maybe read the reviews to: silence, the cup of death, cleopatra, cupid complaining to venus. Or even some of the asian themed ones might give a similar feel, like spirit of the komachi tree, which is florals paired with sandalwood and pear.

I find that the salons seem to resemble the elegance I associate with some of the better commercial perfumes doing.

For GC GC I can't recommend les bijoux enough for elegant sexy peach (but not overly fruity). I can't wear it anymore due to scent/event associations, but its still good enough it sits in my box and gets sniffed.

titania has the florals + white peach/ grape like la vague.

But I find the salons have a more subtle peach note, rather than the sweet juicy OP one that seems to be in the GCs, so for subtle fruit that is likely to be your best bet.

I did however try peach moon briefly, and from what I remember it was pretty asian in feel, and not overly fruity. la vague just smelled more complex to me, and went better with skin chem

Edit: ooo maybe try picture books and pleasure toys? (Pink rose, red musk, red sandalwood, oakmoss, vetiver, nectarine, black tea, ambrette, jasmine, and blackcurrant bud.) it has mixed reviews... but I really like it :) its not too flowery or fruity, and the subtle tea note lends a sophistication to the blend

And to fieryredhead, I haven't smelled dark kiss yet, but the notes kinda make me think of the yule 'on darkness'

An embrace: black poppy, lavender, thick black incense, black amber, rose geranium, Brazilian rosewood, and benzoin.

I wonder if La Vague would come close? Or perhaps Peach Moon? Though, if its not really peachy given those notes... what would you characterize this scent as, floral musk?

La Vague (White peach, lily of the valley, jasmine, rose, iris, osmanthus, tangerine, white wine grape, and cream accord.)

Peach Moon (Dew-covered PEACH blossom, white tea, moonlit musk, night-blooming jasmine, ho wood, and chrysanthemum.) thsi would be the less fruity of the two IMO

Edited by tativa

And to fieryredhead, I haven't smelled dark kiss yet, but the notes kinda make me think of the yule 'on darkness'

An embrace: black poppy, lavender, thick black incense, black amber, rose geranium, Brazilian rosewood, and benzoin.

Nope. I have a bottle of 'On Darkness' and tested; the 'Dark Kiss' scent has a really nice fruity quality with the plum & black raspberry (& I am not usually a fruity scent person!)

I like very much a french parfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur called "Passage d'Enfer" (lilium and frankincense), and there is a BPAL blend very similar to it: SHEOL.

This is a little weird, but I guess it's worth a shot. I was wondering if you guys can think of any BPAL scents that would be similar to Indigo Wild's Zum Bar Goat's Milk Soap in Sea Salt. I absolutely adore the smell, and would snap any perfume up in an instant that resembled it. The only listed notes are sea salt and citrus, so I don't have much to go on, unfortunately.

I haven't tried it, but Caliban is supposed to smell very ocean-y, so maybe it's got a "salty seawater" scent. (I've found that scents with kelp/bladderwrack listed as a note do have that salty smell to me.) As for citrus, I'm wondering if maybe there's some lime in that soap, since lime + salt is a classic combination (margaritas!).

So maybe you could do a search for blends that list lime, possibly grapefruit or yuzu, and kelp as notes, and then experiment with layering.

have you ever smelled "Alamut" by great italian nose Lorenzo Villoresi? Well, it reminds me to BPAL's Baghdad. Deep and spicy. (Alamut is a fortress in Persia).

Edited by prisca

have you ever tried Serge Lutens's "Louve"? It's quite similar to BPAL's HECATE: It reminds the smell of that middle-eastern sweets called 'loukhoum'. a sweet almond gourmand very very enjoyable!