Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kajacana

Strawberry Moon Hair Gloss

Wild strawberries, strawberry flower, vanilla-infused sugar, early summer grasses, and milky dandelion sap.

In the bottle, this smells very medicinal and cough-syrupy... but thankfully, within seconds of spraying, any medicinal quality completely disappears. This is a ripe, juicy, red strawberry scent, leaning more towards candy than actual fruit (probably because of the vanilla sugar), and with the lightest hint of something floral (hello, strawberry flower). It has great throw and lasting power. It's fruity, summery, and a really great scent for hair.

I only have an imp of Strawberry Moon 2012 to compare it to, which also has strawberry blossom honey as a listed note. Compared to the hair gloss, the 2012 oil is sweeter, the grass note is more noticeable, and it smells more "pink" whereas the hair gloss is definitely "red." They are similar, though, and I love them both.

I am a huge fan of Strawberry Moon '09 so I was thrilled when the HG version won the Moony Lunacy poll at the TP. And yes, the HG is everything I hoped it would be. There is a very subtle difference in this iteration that makes the HG slightly less sweet and slightly more sappy, and oh, man, does that work in the hair. To me, this is not a candy-ish scent at all; rather, it smells like strawberry fields hot in the sun. Just a few spritzes in the hair is enough to get the benefit of the moisturizing oils as well as this lovely fragrance. It seemed to stay close to the hair, too, so it didn't overwhelm my coworkers and yet every now and then I caught a whiff on the breeze. I smelled like strawberry summertime.

Edited by Leopard403

Origin: Dirty South Will Call

Initial Thoughts: While I adore strawberries, I held off on ordering this from the Post because I already had Enveloped in Silk from the 2016 Lupers as a yummy strawberry scent. But then I started seeing reviews and chatter and regretted it mightily. When it turned out a few bottles were sent to DSWC, I jumped at the chance.

In the Bottle: Stand over the selection of fresh, sweet berries at a farmer's market, leaves and hulls still in place for a strong thread of green. That's this scent.

In Wet Hair: The strawberry gets even stronger and skates toward candyland, but doesn't go artificial or plastic-y for me.

Blow-dried Hair: For me the sugary characteristic fades and I'm back to fresh strawberries. The grass-green aspect fades a bit.

Verdict: Am I ever glad I got to try this one! It doesn't have a lot of throw to bother other people but I can pull my hair to my face and get a lovely whiff of strawberry. This is going to be a great hot-weather gloss.

This one starts out smelling a lot like Strawberry Moon 2009 the perfume oil, but quickly the strawberry recedes on me and it's really mainly the vanilla sugar portion. It's nice, but it's not the strawberry blast I wanted it to be, and so I guess I'll use Enveloped in Silk for that :(

Strawberry Moon 09 is one of the few strawberry scents that work on me - so excited to have some of the HG!

It's really kind of boozey to me!! Like strawberry wine or something, mmmm. It settles though into the soft real strawberry scent I love. Just what I had hoped for, and doesn't go plastic on me like enveloped in silk does. So happy to have it!

Strawberry Moon was the first hair gloss I tried. It was beautiful and surprisingly long-lived, and now I'm back to the sample today.

This gloss has a strawberries-in-the-field smell. It's neither super realistic nor artificial in its smell, just carefree and playful. I like it quite a lot, and unlike the other glosses I've tried since, it lasts on me for at least a half-day.

I'm quite sorry I didn't get a bottle of this when it was available -- I just have a sample. I'd pick up more if I saw it.

I am not a big fan of fruit scents, but got a decant of this to try. Surprise...LOVE it! The strawberry is indeed realistic, but it is the dandelion sap and grasses that just blow me away. They are gorgeous notes and play well with the strawberry. I just bought the 2009 version of the perfume oil on ETSY because it is so pretty!!

The dandelion note is not the same to my nose as the one in Venus Vercordia. This one in Strawberry Moon is much prettier!

Strawberries and dandelions. There's a very sugary edge to this. This smells like sweet strawberries and grass. If you ever wanted that for your hair, then get this! For me, its just ever slightly too sweet *goes off in search of fruity dessert now*.