Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Mod Note on review topic location: From BPAL's FB page: "...our con exclusives include a set of brand new Wig Sprays (in the style of our atmo/linen sprays)..."

A blur of red musk and smoke dotted with mascara, khol smears, and a splash of booze.

In the bottle, Red Wig is straight up red musk. The complexities only started showing on dry down when I spritzed my sheets. The smoke isn't gritty really- it is more the smell of an all-nighter in a club, wafting hints of smoke, definite boozy note, and yes- makeup. i didn't actually love it completely in the bottle but it is really growing on me!

Not a note similarity at all necessarily, but it has a little of the "feel" or a similar vibe to what I got from F54. Only musky instead of juicy, if that makes any sense.

I sprayed a squirt on my arm and smoothed it in to test. The red musk comes out first but is immediately followed by the smoke. Unfortunately for me, the smoke immediately amped into stale cigarette smoke and took over. I absolutely smell like the day after a drunken binge in a smoky night club. However, I've never been a smoker and don't like the smell of stale cigarette smoke clinging to my hair and clothes, so Red is not for me. :sad:

OMG, Formula54 is that you? I get red musk, smokiness, and a whiff of booze and makeup. It's probably the closest thing to a F54 dupe that I've smelled in BPAL.

Red Wig spray

My take: You have the notes. But the notes cannot convey the feel of this scent. Red musk and a sweetness with sharp edges blend into just a lovely whole that I can't quite put my finger on.

Red is a gorgeous, sophisticated, unfathomably wealthy Duchess. Red has men fighting duels to the death over who will get to refill her champagne while she looks on, smiling a slight and unknowable smile with a vaguely haughty and bored expression. Out of sight of the struggling duelists, she winks wickedly and lustily at the busboy, whose heart nearly stops at the sheer beauty of that single, perfect movement.

Red smells of wealth, and haughtiness, and complexity, all covering an undeniable zest and lust for life.

Red is a beautiful courtesan with sharp edges, from a time when that word implied years of extensive education and highly sought skills. If you've seen Firefly, she is Nandi from "Heart of Gold."

Red smells like a perfume custom crafted by the perfumer to the Empress; so rare that the only ones who can afford to wear it are the owners of entire small nations.

It is strong, and bright and dark and soft and sharp.

It is Red.

The man friend's take: "Oh, that's very good. That's...okay, wait, I know this one! It's ... Steinway Showroom."

I can't really figure out what this smells like yet. People above were saying red musk but it doesn't strike me like the Lab's red musk (I usually don't love it) and Smut, but it's not really Smutty to me. Nor is it like Formula 54, which is one of my favorites. It's just ... awesome. I keep catching little whiffs of it and thinking it smells really, really good. About the closest thing I can think of is an atmo spray called Thriambus that was "shiraz, clove cigarettes, tobacco, spilled absinthe, latex, vinyl, and artificial fog." The feel of the two is similar--the smoke/club/red smell. Anyway, if you like smelling like smoky musky mystery, this is for you.

Red musk and smoke. I like the sweet, sultry, wine-like red musk, but the smokiness unfortunately is reminding me of stale cigarette smoke and dirty ash tray. I spritzed this on to a throw pillow and it smells like it's been around someone who has been smoking, lol. Unfortunately, I think that is a rather gross smell, so this isn't working for me.

Edited by Little Bird

This reminds me of a fun time in university. I was 21 and a regular smoker. I smoked these cigarettes called Pink Elephants because they were pink and had a vanilla smoke filter. It also reminds me of waking up with last night's makeup on, smelling like the smoke and a bit of regret. The musk and smoke is great in this. Not as great as Pink wig spray, but I like it. Not backup worthy for me.

Yep, smells like a night of fun and a morning of shameful regret - as advertised, red musk, makeup, smoke, booze. Good times! I like it, but I think I prefer the Lady In Black for my red musk needs. Glad to have gotten to try this, though!

I'm a sucker for all things red musk, so I knew I had to try this. I wouldn't really say that it's similar to Smut since it's not boozy, but I can kinda see the ties to Formula 54. The smoke/makeup is more prominent in this I would say.

I do tend to amp smoke like crazy so I use this more as a room spray than anything else. If I'm going out I'll dab a bit behind my ears because in my hair all the red musk is consumed by the smoke. It is absolutely wonderful to have and super unique! Complete 180 from Pink Wig, that's for sure!

Ugh this is stunning, it's very much the smell of greasy makeup, red musk, and cigarette smoke, with a backing of red musk holding the whole thing together. I'm not a smoker, but something about this blend is a little comforting, it's the right amount of dirty, and really does feel like a glammed up night out, with an underlying sweetness from the musk. It's really not an everyday scent, but it does capture a certain vibe, and sticks around for a long time. If you get a chance to try it I'd highly recommend it.