Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Isaac, The Living Skeleton (2016)

To your side, you hear a mans deep whisper, Slowly I turned inch by inch step by step. A scream interrupts him, and a roar of laughter pulses through the shadowed hall. Following the commotion, you move to the next stage. A bone-thin man moves across the stage, and sits upon an overstuffed, threadbare armchair. A battered violin is propped against the chairs side. The audience starts to dissipate, and you realize that you must have just missed his performance. Relaxing, he reclines lazily, and as the light falls on his face, you come to realize that he is truly skeletal: a thin membrane of skin covers most of his body, but in many places, bone is completely exposed. He winks at you, and chuckles at your obvious discomfiture. The sweet smoke from his cigar touches your senses, and you hear the soft clink of the ice as he swirls the bourbon in his tumbler.

Late for the show, are ya, friend? Ill tell you a quick one, and then youd best skedaddle. I have better things to do than sit here and be gawked at all night. He takes a swig from his tumbler.

A man goes to a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist says, I think youre crazy. The man says, I want a second opinion. The psychiatrist shrugs and says, Alright, youre ugly, too.
His attention is diverted by a scantily clad woman in the audience beside you, and he leers at her. Hello, nurse! he growls, and leans towards her lecherously. Hows about you come back to my dressing room, and I show you my stamp collection?

Bourbon, black tobacco tar, dry bone, bay rum aftershave, and sleazy cologne.

Isaac is a ton of black tobacco tar, bay rum, and a touch of bourbon and cologne. This smells dark and sleazy. But really, it mainly a very deep black tobacco predominant scent. Good throw and wear length.

Very dark tobacco, it's absolutely the main note in Isaac.
But it's sweetened and all sexied-up with everything else.
I'ts maskuline in a elegant "bad boy" way and totally gorgeous.

Seriously? Why have so few reviewed this!

It's fantastic. I was worried it might be too masculine for me, but I actually don't think it is. Tobacco centric, which is what I was hoping for. Quite sweet, a little chewy. Really good tobacco. I love the bourbon note too, wasn't sure I would, but it's gorgeous. I don't get too much cologne, which I am grateful for. Just sexy, sexy tobacco and sweet bourbon.

I actually can't wait to try layering this with something sweet and vanilla, I think that'll be amazing. I may actually need a bottle.

Those who like French Tobacco SN, Antikythera Mechanism, St. Clare, Elegba, those sorts of scents, this is likely worth a try!

The reviews of the original put me off this one despite it having my favorite notes. Im glad I finally went for it though! It has the same kind of tobacco that I love so much in Santo Domingo without the florals or maple syrupy vibe that one has. I only get the barest hint of a cologne scent, with a slight booziness from the bourbon and a little bit of a dry powdery quality from what I assume is the dry bone. Looking forward to wearing this a tobacco scent instead of Santo Domingo post-summer.