Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
lady_pandora

Flying Devil

A traditional Voodoo recipe: a fast-acting, efficient uncrossing oil.

Scentwise, Flying Devil is peppery; if you've tried Bengal, it's that same warm, sweet spicy note. It didn't irritate my skin, but I only got it on my fingers, and I'm thinking it could cause a welt on more sensitive areas.

I tried this out last night because I'd had a Day From Hell and felt like I needed to change my luck. Handy that it was the waning moon too. I improvised a little ritual using both this and Jinx Removing. I first put Flying Devil on a black tea light and focused on banishing all the bad stuff, and then Jinx Removing on a white tea light while focusing on cleansing; while I know Jinx Removing is also a banishing oil, it has a very soothing character to me and seemed to fit in this way. (FWIW, the Flying Devil candle burned higher and was consumed first.)

And then I knocked out a massive, gross cleaning project that had been nagging at me for months. I've noticed that these oils sometimes prod me to do my own part in fixing a situation, and Flying Devil appears to have spurred me to banish one of my own "demons" in the form of this task. Now to see what effect it has on the other things that were troubling me...that'll be a more gradual thing.

I guess I really need this right now because it smells delicious... like I want to bake spice cakes with it.

Cinnamon and cloves. 

In the bottle I smell a darker, dried green her, maybe myrrh and amber? Nutmeg? A whisper of warm metal and blood.

It's wonderful and feels so active and protecting. 

I'm going to huff this all day. 

On my skin on the dry down, I get a hint of fine milled soap - maybe the amber drying? And a light cinnamon reverie.
Usually  I amp cinnamon to Defcon1, but this is staying lovely and light.