Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

With a hint of FD&C yellow. The British version is better, amirite?

In The Bottle: A light milk chocolate with a sweet, sugary undertone. Honestly, this reminds me of the Easter baskets I got as a kid, that faint smell of chocolate combined with the headier smell of 18 different kinds of sugar, plus fake grass. Love it!

Wet On Skin: The chocolate is blooming now, but it's not the rich chocolate of, say, The Other Hot Chocolate or Bliss. It's more the chocolate note that shows up in some of the "13" blends- lighter, more sugary. And there's the cream, coming across a bit more persistently, now, not dairy-based- all creamy sugar instead.

Dry Down: Light, mild chocolate with an undertone of a similar cream note found in various Egg Nog releases. YUM!

In All: Medium throw, sweet but not aggressive- a cute daytime Spring alternative to the richness of Egg Nog. I could see wearing this for family gatherings or just a nice stroll in the park on a chilly spring day!

I agree with a lot that was said above!! This is a perfect sweet daytime chocolate scent!!

When you sniff it in the bottle it's a Cadbury Egg. That sweet candy chocolate and sugary cream. On the skin the chocolate is the throw and the sugary cream is close to the skin. I agree it's a much sweeter chocolate note then usually used. It's not dark or bitter. :yum:

My favorite Easter candy my whole life has been Cadbury Creme Eggs so this is me in a bottle. Had to get it no matter what and so glad I did! :wub2:

Also love the pretty pastel colors on the bottle, so perfect. :)

I've had issues with bpal's chocolate notes turning powdery or plasticy on me lately, but this one is fantastic. It smells like rich, sweet, melty chocolate, marshmallow, and buttery, salty caramel. Really decadent, warm, and it has great throw and staying power on me. Purely gourmand and smells delicious. :bunnyluv:

I got a decant of this...

Smells like a creamy chocolate.... sugary and melty. On my wrists, I get the chocolate but there is something going a bit plastic on me, and chocolate notes don't usually do that on me. It is very faint, but there and really not that bad. Stays close to my skin with a medium throw.

After a couple minutes, the plastic-y part goes away, and I am left with a sweet, creamy chocolate....milk chocolate that is. Not sure I am getting the gooey inside of the creme egg, but I think I had that distinct Cadbury creme scent in mind before getting this.... it is real close to it. Very nice scent for those not sure about the sugary chocolate... it is not in your face at all.

In the decant: At first, it smells a bit cocoa powder-y, but on closer inspection, I do get a sweet milk chocolate scent.

Wet: This is definitely sweeter on my skin. I can smell the 'melty' aspect of the chocolate note. I'm not really reminded of a creme egg. It's verging on brownie-like on my skin, although not on the same scale as Bliss or The Agricultural Building atmo.

Dry: This is a very creamy milk chocolate scent now. It's sugary and soft, and I don't get any brownie-vibes from this anymore. This stage is far more reminiscent of a creme egg.

Verdict: I have too many chocolate scents, so this one would have really had to wow me for me to want a bottle. I'm glad to have been able to try it, but I don't need more than the decant.

Edited by dementia_divine

Yum, milky, creamy chocolate, sweet but not too sweet. Definitely I'm glad it works on my skin, but since chocolate is not a note I reach for often I'm good with just my decant.

Creamy milky chocolate and creme. The BPAL creme note goes a little plasticky on me. Good throw and wear length.

Who the hell doesn't go mad for Cadbury's Creme Eggs?? They are one of the nicest chocolate confections my country has to offer and there can be nothing sweeter or more enjoyable that eating one of these with a nice, strong cup of tea. Bliss!

Melty Creme Egg smells *exactly* like it should... to such extents that I'm wondering who Beth sold her soul to in order to have such unbelievable perfume blending abilities. I make perfume myself but would have *no idea* how to create that delicious yellow and white fondant middle of a Creme Egg. The chocolate note is perfection as always but it's the fondant note that wins for me, mainly because of how unique and evocative it is.

And now I medically need a Creme Egg and a cup of tea for reals.

From sniffing the bottle to the dry-down, this was, as Mr. Kat, said, a Cadbury Creme egg all the way. :) :bunnyluv:

Got my bottle last week and tested it a few times to see what happened (my chemistry is wonky during desert summers). This smells like a Cadbury creme egg wet, but after a few hrs of drydown, this is all Gelt. Dark, dry cocoa versus the sticky sweet chocolate it originally was. Love love love it.

ETA: This is gawgeous, pure chocolate and sweet sweet sweet cream, like the cloying white sugar creme from the Cadbury that makes you choke.

Might I add that Bliss gives you the same pure chocolate kick with out the sugar choke.

Tracked this down finally.

wet: Same dried chocolate note in gelt, chocolate rum scarab, and bliss with a bit of sugared cream, and something pretending to be caramel (a touch of amber, brandy?).

The chocolate smells more 'melted' as the oil warms up on my skin.

Dry: a close to the skin, warm and sweet chocolate scent. The cream note stands out a bit, and smells a little bit synthetic on me but my skin chemistry has trouble with BPAL cream notes.

It's softer than Chocolate Rum Scarab which is loud and heavy on the rum. It has less amber than Gelt. 

Hexennacht also makes a cream egg scent, and the Hexennacht version is louder, sweeter and heavy on the booze.