Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Numanoid

Earless Chocolate Bunny

That tin foil is impossible to get off.

Ok... here I go!

In the bottle : Sniffing, I get chocolate... but something else lurking. Having a hard time figuring out what it is, maybe whatever note makes the "foil wrap" part?

On skin: Odd... I an getting that odd other note with the chocolate. Almost foil-like, but not quite. My mind wants to say "green" but that isn't it either. Something a bit sharp, but not overtaking the chocolate note.

Drydown: Light throw this one has...just stays the same chocolate/foil-ish note. It is nice.... simple, really. We will see how this one goes, but a good one for foody lovers that might not want something that is in-your-face. :)

On me, this smells like chocolate, a really powdery honey sugar, and something sharp that is perhaps the metallic/tin foil note. I was expecting a chocolate single note, but this is powdery and that sharp note makes it less foodie smelling on me. I prefer Melty Creme Egg's straightup gourmand chocolate & marshmallow thing, but this is still nice. The drydown's chocolate and metallic cologne feel makes me want to try Earless Bunny on my husband.

From the start this was just delicious. Creamy milk chocolate with only a tiny tiny hint of a metallic note. It really smelled like the chocolate bunnies I got as a kid and it made me extremely happy.

But it went south very fast. The chocolate started turning to dark chocolate, sour weird dark chocolate and the metallic note started to overwhelm and started making everything smell like chocolate that has been sitting out in the sun for too long, not nice on me I am afraid.

Milk chocolate and a tinge of metal foil. It's like a milkier, creamier version of Bliss, with a tinge of citrus foil. Good throw and wear length.

Beth's chocolate perfumes are the best chocolate perfumes in the world - just sayin'.

With that in mind, I knew that Earless Chocolate Bunny would be killer. I bought it for that reason and for the fact that my husband and I have a silly in-joke about chocolate bunnies and so I couldn't miss the opportunity to both honour that and smell like chocolate.

I do get a little bit of the tinfoil, but not much. On me, this is DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE HEAVEN. It has decent through and longevity too. Winning!

This has become a new holy grail for me. I love love love chocolate notes, and this doesn't disappoint. It's rich and creamy milk chocolate, but with something extra that I'm still trying to put my finger on. Something sweet, almost green - like this chocolate bunny has been frolicking through Easter flowers. I don't get the metallic note that others seem to be getting, just a lovely, sweet, flowery chocolate. It's very complex for being a single note.

Oops! I guess I neglected to review this one.

In the decant: Chocolate and cologne-y foil.

Wet: The cologne-y foil note is the dominant note on me, backed by the chocolate. As it sits on my skin, the chocolate becomes creamier.

Dry: The cologne-y foil note continues to reign, but it is softer now, and not as sharp. The creamy milk chocolate is stronger than before and really does smell like Easter chocolate.

After several hours of wear, what remains is the cologne-y, metallic foil note with a light, creamy milk chocolate in the background.

Verdict: This is cologne + milk chocolate on me. It’s unique, but I should probably stop holding on to it just because of that, as I haven’t reached for it since I originally tried it.