Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
vanilla323

Peanut Butter and Jelly!

I know this seems like an odd request but I have a thing for PB&J. I love it! I love to eat it, the look of it, the nostalgia, I also love Goober. :wub2:

So my question is have you come acoss any scents that smell like peanut butter and jelly? BPAL or others?

I'd also like to hear other options too like peanut butter and fluff, or strawberry jam, or anything else like that. ;)

Edited by vanilla323

No, but I find this idea completely hilarious and I think Beth should totally make one for a Lilith scent (if Lilith is into PBJs).

OMG that would be a dream come true for me! :wub:

On me, at least, Lamia's smoky/nutty (coconut and vetiver) and fruit (black currant and white peach) notes combine and end up making me smell like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for about the first hour of wear. My significant other confirms this, and that it isn't just my nose reading something wrong.

There was a peanut musk perfume that one could layer with something like papa monster or battle fairy or sticky entrails or the Yule lad with apricot jam and bread...

It wouldn't surprise me if this one got a lovecraft miskatonic treatment vs a lilith scent.

I will PM you a link of one that was released from another etailer yrs ago, I was so bummed I could never get it as it sold out!

Damn "sold out" is my least fav words! Thanks though! ;)

There was a peanut musk perfume that one could layer with something like papa monster or battle fairy or sticky entrails or the Yule lad with apricot jam and bread...

It wouldn't surprise me if this one got a lovecraft miskatonic treatment vs a lilith scent.

Miskatonic would be fine too! Mother Shub's PB&J oh yes please!!!!!! Hope Beth and Ted see this!! ;)

On me, at least, Lamia's smoky/nutty (coconut and vetiver) and fruit (black currant and white peach) notes combine and end up making me smell like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for about the first hour of wear. My significant other confirms this, and that it isn't just my nose reading something wrong.

I'll have to check that one out one day then!!

Definitely recommend Peanut Musk (Roasted peanuts, peanut leaves, and dark musk) for that half of it. It's awesome, and I wish I had more than my decant of it (though my sweetie has a mild peanut allergy, so probably better that that's all I have).

For jelly, there are a few options. You could go with something fruity, or try one of the blends that names jelly as a note. There's Mason and Jenkin's Port Jelly, with no notes listed, or Zombie Apocalypse (Swirls of red jelly and sugary white ooze) or Strawberry Sufganiyot (A sugar-dusted pile of sufganiyot, trickling bright rivulets of strawberry jelly), which has the added benefit of having that bready note that's part of any sandwich, or Sticky Eyeballs and Floppy Entrails (Sticky white glops of marshmallow and clotted cream with ropes of sinewy strawberry licorice whips and oozing pink jelly).

Edited by Andyl

Andyl I haven't tried Peanut Musk will put that on the wish list. ;)

On the jelly side Mason Jenkins didn't work on me too boozy. Zombie Apocolypse was wonky too. But I do have Strawberry Suganiyot and Sticky Eyeballs those are pretty good jam scents. But wonder what grapey scents are out there. Had Papa Monster it was pretty close but had other things going on.

Andyl I haven't tried Peanut Musk will put that on the wish list. ;)

On the jelly side Mason Jenkins didn't work on me too boozy. Zombie Apocolypse was wonky too. But I do have Strawberry Suganiyot and Sticky Eyeballs those are pretty good jam scents. But wonder what grapey scents are out there. Had Papa Monster it was pretty close but had other things going on.

On me, a lot of scents with a "wine" note smell like grape jelly or candy. They might smell more boozy with your chemistry though.

There's also Blackberry Jam and Scones (http://www.bpal.org/topic/58931-blackberry-jam-scones/), though I haven't tried it myself (it's kind of hard to find).

I was also going to recommend Peanut Musk mixed with a berry blend like Blackberry Jam & Scones. But really, I just popped in to post this: