Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Amalthea Gossamer Ring: flecks of pink ice haloed by rose-tinted amber.

For me, this scent is definitely in the "snow" category of BPAL scents. I don't get much Amber or Rose specifically - more of a rounded, adult smelling ice scent. I think the Amber is taking the edge off of the snow note because I don't get that ozone-y scent here.

Ugh, this is a terrible first post!

The description is definitely apt. It's a cold, pink scent with just a little bit of amber. Don't get any rose from this. Light, wears close to the skin. I really like it!

For me, this is a beautifully uncomplicated and perfectly balanced scent: rose, amber, ice. Nothing more, nothing less, each component equal. One element does not stand out over the others, although the rose scent does bloom on warm skin. The amber lends a soft powderiness to the rose and the ice lends a fresh aquatic. It's like fresh, dew-laden roses at the height of their glory were dried and ground into the finest particles without losing their dewiness. I keep thinking this would be a gorgeous scent for a traditional June bride.

Wet and in the bottle, I'm definitely getting the "pink" quality of the ice. The rose is light and dewy, and every now and again I swear I get... strawberries????

As it dries on me, the pink-ness fades almost immediately and I'm left with what's pretty much an ice single note. My other experience with BPAL's ice/snow note is Go To Sleep, Darlings - this is softer, gentler, less-ozone-y and a little less sweet than that, which I'm putting down to the amber. Still, it's close enough to Go To Sleep, Darlings that I'm a bit disappointed. I wish the wet phase stuck around.

Lovely, but off to the sales you go! When I... actually sell things...

Edited by Smaragdina

I almost didn't order this, because I typically dislike icy scents (and all things cold), but I think I've found one of my new favorites. There is an interesting point and counterpoint here-- the coolness of the ice and the warmth of the amber. It's a warm, cuddly amber, rather than a grey one. I don't really get floral rose, but rather a pinkness to the amber itself. No one element dominates, and even after a full day's wearing, I can smell it all clearly. It's one of those simple-yet-complex scents that Beth somehow manages to pull off. I'll be looking for a backup, and I almost never do that.

this is so unlike what i expected / hoped for based on the notes.

i wanted rose-tinted amber.

i got a Go To Sleep, Darlings / Snow White / Lady Tall and White type slushy snow. boo. i mean, yeah, it is pretty, but it isn't what i was wanting :(

This is indeed like a pink version of the snow note! I don't specifically get any rose, but it definitely feels girly and pink, while at the same time chilly from the snow.

I really like it, and while I can see the comparison to scents like Snow White, to me they are still different enough that I am happy to have a bottle of each :)

This has become my new favorite scent. It's warm and cool at the same time and incredibly beautiful and feminine. I don't think I can add anything more to the descriptions above, but if you are considering purchasing this, do it! :heart: It's gorgeous!!

I was sort of wondering if this would be comparable to Fresh and Blooming as a Rose, which is white rose, white amber and snowflakes, since I loved that. While it has a bunch of similar components, this is very different. It's not the ice note I've tried from BPAL before, there's no evergreen to it and it's not SUPER strong when it goes on. There's a mintiness here, but it lacks some kind of sweetness and there's something that definitely feels like an icy rock - and it definitely smells pink! I can't figure out how that it is because I don't detect any rose when I sniff for it, but I think it's there and coloring my perception. The amber isn't quite golden but it's not a light white amber either. Against the cold icy rock feeling I get, it makes it genuinely feel celestial.

This is my first time purchasing a lunacy scent and I'm glad I tried it.

Oooh, I totally had a bottle of this and forgot to review it. Based on the super sketchy notes I took, it smelled like pink ice with a blush of amber. It was pink, with a touch of minty, touch of rose, and touch of amber.

Slushy, slightly sweet, slightly soapy snow note with some warm, powdery amber in the drydown. I don't get rose or anything pink smelling from this blend.

I was cleaning my dresser and found this long forgotten bottle!

And I'm glad I found her, as this is really lovely on me! It's a very soft, faint rose and not heady or blooming. It's more of a pale, taupe, suggestion of rose, resting just barely, lightly, over a bed of vanilla amber. I don't get a strong snow note at all, it's definitely a cool scent, but not "chilly" or "minty" in quality. I have a feeling this has settled in the past two years. It is a grounded, gentle, solemn scent.