Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LizziesLuck

The Poem Cloud Hair Gloss

Sugared red musk, cardamom, and honey.

I ADORE all three of the notes in this, and have never had any of them go "wrong" on me, so I was hoping this would be divine...

And it friggin well is, like I can't even tell you. Like, eyes roll back up in your head good. The red musk and honey are perfectly balanced, and the cardamom makes this unique and interesting. I LOVE it. Love. It will pair beautifully with any sweeter perfumes containing red musk - I can't wait to wear it with Now Winter Nights Enlarge. Make no mistake, this is sexy. Like, verging on not being able to wear it to work because no one (including me) who smelled it would be able to concentrate...

Red musk lovers, go get you some, and spray it on all the things.

This is one of those perfect BTPT red musk scents.

It's in the family with Holliday and Red Shirt Diaries. Sweet and spicy and super sexy.

The Poem Cloud is a delightfully simple and satisfying red musk hair gloss. If you've enjoyed a red musk-centric gloss in the past and you like honey and cardamom (balanced nicely here, at least to my nose), there's a good chance you'll find this delightful. I'm relieved that the honey note stays in check due to red musk's strong hand, and the cardamom is an accent rather than a prime player.

This might also be a great gloss for those who want to love Smut, but find it a bit too much. The Poem Cloud is also sweet musk (singular, rather than layered musks) and has no dark boozy notes.

Really glad I picked this up, and I think it will layer well with some of my favorite red musk perfumes.

To me, this was red musk and honey. It's a very red musk centric gloss. Sweet red musk.

I'll be interested to comparing it to Smut.

This IS really similar to the SMUT BPAL oil!

I'm not the biggest fan of the smut perfume oil, but this hair gloss seems softer and a little less intense to me, and gorgeous!

I love how this one just lingers in soft wafts of scent - I wore a little overnight and could still smell it in the morning.

I re-applied a spritz to my ends, and it's still quite a gentle scent.

I find The Poem Cloud not similar to Smut at all, but more like a lighter, simpler Third Charm. Want to wear red musk but don't want to overpower others (or yourself) with it? Then grab a bottle of The Poem Cloud. This is going to be lovely layered with other red musk blends.

I like scents that have a mix of slightly sweet and dark. I thought I had found my HG to end all with the LE Frank and Honey. No. This. This is beyond what I could have hoped for. I may be locked up as unstable because I can not stop myself from saying "I smell so good" every few minutes after I put it on. Put my hair up during the day and take it down an hour later? Bouncy flouncy sweet spicy sexy rich red musk just tempered by honey. It feels sexier than Snake Oil makes me feel. Mind I did kind of go all out in a "treat yo self" kind of day and use my Snake Oil bath oil, this HG, and Thebe, which is an iced red musk with frank and opoponox, so I think I managed to experience what it's like to be Beyoncé.

If bptp manage to top this one for me, I may just quit and bury myself in it because this is what the best levels of hell should smell like.

Overview: Hair gloss is a heavy, oily spray that quickly overwhelms my long, fine hair and makes it look and feel very greasy. I can't use this product anywhere but very sparingly on the ends of my hair, or else it makes my head look like an oil slick. I'm really careful with my hair and the products that I use on it. For a while, I was using this to fragrance the ends of my hair, but I find that it makes my hair fall out a lot, either from the high fragrance oil content, the heaviness of the oil itself, or something else. I wanted to love these and wanted them to work, because of the fragrances, but now I only use the hair gloss as a body mist on my arms and legs, not actually on my hair.
Fragrance review:
This oil is so cool to look at. Clear with blobs of red musk that look like droplets of blood in the bottle and sprayed on to my skin.
It smells like The Infernal Lover ("creamy, sensual, honeyed red musk"). The red musk and sweet honey are thick, chewy, foodie-but-not, and so sexy. It has an earthy edge that reminds me of patchouli, but must be the cardamom and red musk meshing together. The red musk reminds me of warm skin and red wine, but sweet and very come hither...
I really enjoy The Poem Cloud. Would be great for layering with any of bpal's red musk blends.

Smelling it in the bottle I was worried it might be too sweet but it is perfect! Sweet red musk at center stage, and the honey and cardamom add a nice body to the scent. A sexy, warm fragrance but also light enough for summer wear for me.

I adore red musk and can't stop collecting as many blends with it as I can, so The Poem Cloud was another insta-buy. This is the perfect counter-balance to Smut hair gloss. The Poem Cloud is the good girl to Smut's slutty little sister. I get the comparisons to Infernal Lover as well as Third Charm. This is simply beautiful and the red musk as always, sticks around for a long time in my hair and with my body chemistry. Goes with so many of my perfumes, and I'm happy to have it!

Maybe I don't actually know that much about the different musks, cause this doesn't smell exactly how I expected it to. The honey and cardamom were what I was truly after, and I don't get that much of either of them here, unfortunately. This does remind me of a lighter version of Smut like other reviewers have mentioned -- I did a side-by-side comparison of both these hair glosses spritzed on my wrists and while they are quite similar, I prefer the darker, sultrier Smut.

Still, I love the BPTP hair glosses so I'm sure I'll end up wearing this one.... and if not, it can always go to swaps!

I also get the similarity with Smut here, without the booze, and also Womb Furie, so that's probably the honey coming though. I love this one and will wear it often. It's absolutely gorgeous, and, as someone else said, goes with so many of my perfumes, since I'm a huge red musk fan. Mmmm... <3