Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
paperdollsandbpal

Enveloped in Silk Hair Gloss

Strawberry cream, white musk, and orris root.

Ooh it appears I'm first :)

I tried Enveloped in silk yesterday but I've been dealing with a cold so I wasn't sure if my nose was being 100% honest with me. I can say however, that this HG smelled absolutely amazing regardless!

It reminds me of strawberry ice cream and bizarrely... I get a slight whiff of dr.pepper lip smackers. This is a good thing though. I wonder if dr. pepper is made with orris root?!

Upon waking up this morning I realized that my nose was finally working and my first instinct was to sniff my hair. AHHHH it smells so good. Sexy, creamy strawberry musk. It smells exactly like its description. Simple.

I'm concerned that I'm gonna have to get several more bottles of this. :wub3:

I got my bottle of this in the mail today, woooo! Unfortunately I too have a slight cold so I'm not sure how trustworthy my nose is right now, but I feel like I could give a decent review.

First off, this is wonderful. The strawberry is enticing and the white musk + orris root are like the white silky sheets underneath. ;) This strongly reminds me of Maenad without the bitterness of the poppy note. I feel this will be popular because it's not overly cloying and not lacking in sweetness, it's just perfect. The TP is winning at Lupercalia. :wub3:

I get all strawberry cream from this, and I'm okay with that. And this lasts FOREVER in my hair. It's not overpowering by any means, but all day I kept getting gentle whiffs when my hair moved. Lovely.

I was not at all a fan of this in the bottle. It's extremely strong and smells like fake strawberries...sort of like a scratch and sniff sticker. Thankfully, I know better than to immediately discard something without spraying it.

Spraying this is like spraying Boo Hair Gloss. If you don't get out of the room quickly, it will choke you and make your nose feel like it's going to bleed.

Thankfully, when it settled into your hair, it is AMAZING. The fake strawberry and candle smell transforms into really, just bitten into strawberries. It's like I'm sitting in a strawberry field.

It's wonderful!

I ordered Enveloped in Silk because I couldn't pass up the chance to try a strawberry hair gloss. I figured I'd like it, but I didn't expect to like it so much! This is definitely a strong gloss when first applied, but it mellows to the most amazing strawberries and cream scent, backed by the white musk and orris that make what could otherwise be a straight-up foody scent more dimensional and elegant. My husband, who's usually indifferent to my hair gloss choices, was like 'Hmmm. Your hair smells good." :)

It's like this:

You receive Enveloped in Silk HG in the mail. You have tried so many variations of HG in the past that you think this experience will be like the others- you will sniff it, you will love it, you will go on with your life. This time, however, you aren't prepared. You spray it in your hair and you stagger into the wall, overcome. It smells incredible. It smells more than incredible. It's fresh, true strawberries in delicate cream atop a layer of velvety white musk infused with a light breath of orris. It is absolute perfection and your soul weeps with joy.

You need to sniff this more. You need to sniff this forever. You leave home without a word and join a gang of thieves. They take you in immediately. You smell too amazing to refuse. They train you to be stealthy, they teach you how to pick locks, they instruct you on ways to pull off a heist. You learn a lot from them in the short time you are with them. When you are ready you sneak away, leaving a spritz of your HG on an index card for them to remember you by.

You head to California. You want to smell like this for the rest of your life and you don't want anyone else to smell like you, so you will take all the Enveloped in Silk HG for yourself. You break into the BPTP dungeon in the middle of the night and steal it all. You have been trained well. No one catches you. You get all the Enveloped in Silk HG in your car and drive it to a secret bunker. You plan to visit this location once a day to bathe in a vat of it and achieve immortality.

There is a problem, however. The index card you left for the thieves is your downfall. Sniffing it has changed something in them and they have decided to turn away from their life of crime... after they perform one last heist. It turns out they were able to sniff you out after you left. They saw the tail end of your heist and they stealthily followed you to your secret bunker. They waited until you left before making their move. They are a little clumsy due to the intoxicating fumes and trip an alarm. You are halfway home when you get an urgent notification on your phone. You gasp aloud and make a reckless U-turn and drive to the secret bunker as fast as possible. You arrive just as the thieves are hauling out the last of the vats and bottles. You try to run them down but one of them rips the cap off a bottle and sprays through the open window. Your senses are overwhelmed and you crash your car. You are unhurt and you burst from the car, prepared to fight, but you are surrounded. They spray the HG at you until you collapse.

You are not sure how long you lie there in a strawberry-scented daze, but eventually you pull yourself up. You are covered in dirt and you feel sore from hitting the ground but at least you smell good. You make your way to the bunker. Inside it is cold and empty. They took everything- all that is left is the mouthwatering smell of strawberry cream. You stand there for ten minutes, breathing deeply, and then you finally go back outside. You car isn't too damaged, really. Small blessings. You drive home. At a red light you open the glovebox to grab a tissue to wipe some of the dirt off your face and, to your delight, your original bottle of Enveloped in Silk falls out. You forgot you stored it in there. You still have some precious for yourself.

The next day you look to see if there is news of the theft but there is none. The thieves put all the Enveloped in Silk HG back in the dungeon before anyone even noticed it was gone. You are relieved. You know now that hogging all the HG was a terrible thing to do. The love should be spread, not hoarded. Well.... mostly not hoarded. You decide you will order a backup bottle or two or three. It's just that amazing.

In sum: this is the best thing you will ever smell in your life and you need to buy it immediately because DAMN. :thud:

I just CANNOT even top tharsei and her glorious review.

But, in my opinion this is strawberry hair gloss of ones strawberry hair gloss dreams. There is NOTHING I don't absolutely love about this. It's the perfect amount of sweetness backed by a little bit of sophistication from the orris. Out of the other two notes I mainly get the orris with a tiny tiny edge of musk. But keep in mind this is all about the strawberry cream and goodness is it delicious. It's creamy, realistic and so damn inviting!

I want my hair to smell like this forever, forever I say. I will definitely be needing another bottle.

Edited by Haltija

This is truly the stuff! I have so many amazing hair glosses that it's insane but this one is right up there with the best.

It starts off as fresh, juicy, summer red strawberries. It's exactly the scent you get when you bite into a huge ripe berry. The kind that's just on the edge of being too ripe but not quite there yet so it's soft and overly sweet and perfect. Then the cream wafts in and it's a glorious golden-edged whipped cream that combined with the clean airy white musk smells like clouds in the sunlight.

Over time the strawberries do become a bit less realistic and it all just melts down into a big fluffy pile of pink berry cream. But it's still absolutely wonderful and perfect and this is instantly a winner that might even need a back up.

I actually find the throw to be fairly low. It's a gentle but consistent scent and I want to slather myself in it and live this way forever.

I have been avoiding strawberry scents for a while and I'm not even sure I've ever tried the lab/post's strawberry note? Strawberry's one of my favorite flavors, but I don't want to smell like a 6 year old's lip balm, you know?

But for some reason this sounded so nice I couldn't resist, and I'm so glad! First applied, it is a really yummy strawberry cream. It doesn't smell like fresh strawberries to me, but it does smell like a strawberry dessert with real strawberries. After a while, the orris comes out more and adds some floral depth to the gourmand sweetness.

I used it last night after showering, and this morning I could still smell it very well. The musk and orris had come out more, so all of the notes were present and well balanced.

I'm really glad I got this! It's a sweet, fluffy, but clean scent that I think is perfect for a hair gloss, and I can see myself wearing this often.

Sweet strawberry leaf and vanilla cream, and a touch of plastic. Honestly, if you ever wanted to smell like Strawberry Shortcake, this would be the thing to get.

This is magical.

When I first spray it, there is an interaction between the notes that smells like fresh rhubarb sauce (!!) Don't worry if that's not your jam, it only lasts for a short time. (I loved it.)

Next phase is strawberry musk, with a hint of cream. Those words don't begin to express what's going on in your nose, because the words "strawberry musk" immediately bring to mind the many ways that the combination could go wrong. Put aside the fear of artificial strawberries, and musk with fruit-loops. This is BPTP strawberry musk, and it is perfect.

The final phase is a softening of the musk, leaving simply strawberry. It's like you hulled and sliced a flat of strawberries, and then left the juice to dry in your hair.

I love this.

Edited by Teamama

Freshly sprayed: macerated, sweet strawberry juice! So realistic, wet, strawberry, with even a touch of green stem. Drying down, now, the juice is pouring over a plop of cream, and as it melts, the orris and musk blend it all seamlessly into skin...a living, grown up Strawberry Shortcake doll! I love it! It's just as fun and silly and wearable as I hoped! It's just perfect to get me through strawberry season! De-licious!

I felt pretty underwhelmed when I tried this out on my hair the first time, the hype having raised my expectations. Nevertheless, I bought a bottle and after several more wears, Enveloped in Silk has really grown on me. It's such a fitting scent for the spring and summer months. Inoffensive, innocent (despite the bottle art), and soft strawberry cream.

This is not as sugary sweet/cloying as I was expecting but instead has a lovely lightness to it.

The strawberry note is incredibly fresh when first applied. Once the gloss dries, the orris and musk appear to ground things out. Overall, it's a gloss that's both fresh and sweet and very appealing - perfect for warmer months.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: I didn't jump on this one at first because I was much more intrigued by Departing Like Smoke and wasn't sure I wanted strawberry-cream hair. Then the reviews started rolling in and I figured I should at least try it.

In the Bottle: Super-sweet strawberries dripping with cream. I can maybe catch the faintest thread of an earthy note if I try.

Application on Wet Hair: It's a cloud of strawberry goodness, with a bit more in the way of earthy orris.

Drydown: The candy-sweet fades into a more fresh strawberry, recently picked from the garden. And later the musk is the main player, gentle and light, with a whiff of strawberry running through it.

Verdict: I'm glad I nabbed this one. It's possible I'll nab another bottle if the Lupers overlap with the next thing.

So this came in the mail today, and I was so excited to try it after all the hype! Typically I have been testing the HG's on my sleeve, cuz it's easier to sniff, but it's hot and I have no sleeves. So I decided to direct the spray half onto my arm, and half onto a tissue (to avoid any skin chemistry issues, strawberry is iffy on me, but I figured it it's fine on a tissue, it'll be fine in my hair).

On my skin, it smells like plastic. Pretty much exactly like the plastic bottle it came in So I stuck my nose pretty well in the bottle to sniff. I can smell lovely strawberry and cream, but also plastic. On my skin, just the plastic. On the TISSUE - plastic. Uh oh. This is not a skin chemistry thing, this smells like plastic to my nose.

I now wonder if the heat of the day is causing something to go wrong. I will let it settle and test another day. So far though - fail! Boo, it sounds amazing on everyone else!

When I first tried this, possibly due to the heat, I was picking up more of a plastic smell like LizziesLuck. But I stuck it and my other newly acquired BPTP bottles into my 'cellar' and today I re-tested it.

I spritzed onto my hands and applied to wet hair. Initially I was only picking out sweet sugary strawberry cream. However, I immediately began to get the juicy strawberry smells people mentioned in earlier reviews in addition to strawberry cream.

3 hrs later, it's kind of faint or maybe my nose has gotten used to it. I'm now getting a faint strawberry cream and I'm not sure if I'm identifying the orris root and white musk, but something is definitely balancing out the strawberry cream and preventing it from being cloying. I wasn't sure what to expect when I ordered this blind, but I figured it'd be easy to send this off to another home. However, I'm really happy with this scent and this is very much a keeper! :P

Overview: Hair gloss is a heavy, oily spray that quickly overwhelms my long, fine hair and makes it look and feel very greasy. I can't use this product anywhere but very sparingly on the ends of my hair, or else it makes my head look like an oil slick. I'm really careful with my hair and the products that I use on it. For a while, I was using this to fragrance the ends of my hair, but I find that it makes my hair fall out a lot, either from the high fragrance oil content, the heaviness of the oil itself, or something else. I wanted to love these and wanted them to work, because of the fragrances, but now I only use the hair gloss as a body mist on my arms and legs, not actually on my hair.

Fragrance review:

Tart, fresh, pink strawberries and a clean, almost soapy, almost bubbly white musk. The orris adds a sparkly, creamy, powdered sugary feel.

Edited by Little Bird

In the bottle it's a very strong strawberry vanilla. In my hair it's all sweet strawberry with just a little hint of musk making it sexy. Love it.

On me, all I get from this is the most delicious strawberry - it smells a lot like when you slice up strawberries, add sugar, and put them in the fridge overnight to get that syrupy, sugary strawberry goodness to put on something like strawberry shortcake. I also get the most wonderful whiffs of it throughout the day (gorgeous amount of throw!), and it lasts pretty much all day.

When it comes to perfume oils, I usually don't find overly foody scents as wearable, but because this is a hair gloss, and so not quite as present, it's wonderful, and I can easily see myself reaching for this fairly often.

The only downside, that I can think of...is that now I'm really craving strawberry shortcake. ;)

I love Strawberry Moon and was very excited to try this one as I had read the reviews prior to swapping for a tester. And maybe it is just the decant that I have, but to my nose it is very sharp and bitter when wet. It was very strong and I did not detect strawberry at all. Something overpowered the strawberry and vanilla completely. Thankfully it dried down to a much smoother, sweeter strawberry with a nice vanilla base. The drydown is fairly light in throw, but I did spray it on my hair while wet. I will try again when my hair is dry and update. To me, this is a much lighter, lovely, creamy strawberry vanilla scent while Strawberry Moon is like eating a big juicy dripping fresh and still sun warm strawberry while standing in the lush green strawberry field. The more I sniff my hair, the more it is growing on me...and I'm wishing I had found a bottle.

Hmmm...haven't reviewed this yet and it is one of my beloved! Generally strawberry is not a note I gravitate towards, but it works in HG for me. In this case because it is perfectly tempered with the orris root. It is a very creamy strawberry flavored vanilla, the sweetness cut with the beautiful orris and musk.