Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
JazzieCazzie

Spiderweb Kimono Bath Oil

French lavender, white frankincense, Himalayan cedar, and jasmine sambac absolute.

I was hesitant to be the first to review this (such a responsibility!) since I am laid VERY low by the flu and suspect my sniffer is not up to par.

That said, I received my order yesterday (including this and Recollection bath oil and a jar of Lust Smooch) and when I am sick, a hot bath is truly the ONLY thing that makes me feel better (and even then only when I'm in the tub) ...

I figured even if I couldn't smell it, the therapeutic properties of lavender would be good for me so I poured a little bit of this into the tub.

And, amazingly, I ABSOLUTELY could smell it ... and it is divine!

I've always been a little bit bummed that there are not more lavender products (any lavender products?) in the BPTP thermae line because the Lab's lavender scent is so fabulous, alone and in combinations with other scents (still hoping for a lavender/chocolate blend!).

This is VERY lavender-heavy, at least to my flu-burnt-out nose. I actually got zero jasmine from it (and I like jasmine) ... I suspect the sandalwood and cedar contributed to the soft, round fullness of the overall scent. But basically I was able to float in a soft, hot bathtub with lovely lavender wafting into my sinuses ... and for about a half-hour I was painfree.

Maybe when I'm healthy I will be able to pick out the other notes as well ... but if it stays like this, lavender with benefits, I'll be very happy.

I realize I will probably never get my dream bath oil, Envy, but this is by far the next best thing!

I never would have thought of combining lavender with cedar, although I suppose it must be common to store clothes or linens in cedar chests with lavender sachets. I've used one or the other, never both. This is wonderfully odd and comforting. The lavender is sharp and cold, while the cedar is mellow ("buttery" smooth mellow, if that makes sense, rather than mild/weak mellow) and warm. I'm not picking up the frankincense or jasmine but perhaps it's just that well-blended. This is really good! I would love this in a room/linen spray!

I've had this for a year and it still hasn't redeemed itself so I'm giving this a review before it goes off to its new home.

After years of insomnia, I don't have good associations with lavender and was never very keen on it but I do like frankincense, cedar, and jasmine very much.

In the bottle: LA VEN DER made extra gritty by the smoky aspect of the frankincense. Vaguely similar to Temple of dreams sans clove.

In the bath: Not very strong even though I used pretty hot water and an entire capful. Still the same as the bottle the cedar and jasmine are totally hidden.

After: Very soft but the same as the bottle and not a bit of cedar or jasmine :ugh:

Rubbed into the skin: NO FREAKING THANK YOU. Bottle smell amped to 1000. This is what my anxiety attacks smell like.