Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ellocentipede

Fluttering Peonies Bath Oil

Chinese peony aflutter with gilded vanilla, sweet honey, peach, and spiced carnation.

I've been super sick, so I should probably formally review this when my nose is working properly, but this scent is gorrrrgeous and doesn't have any reviews yet, so here goes!

Y'all, this bath oil is amazing. It smells like stewed peaches with a little whipped cream stirred in. There's not a ton of whipped cream (this is probably the gilded vanilla note), but it's definitely there. The honeyed peaches, however, are the star of the show. I surprisingly don't smell any carnation, which is usually such a strong scent, and the peony seems to be freshening things up a bit so that the overall scent is not too foody. But if you like the Honeyed Peaches and Sugared Peaches bath oils, then pick this one up! Fluttered Peonies is like a more delicate, refined (I feel ridiculous typing that, but it's true!), slightly less foody version of those.

Used as a moisturizer, not in the bath.

Oh wow. This is incredible. An amazing sugary floral (which I love). It's predominantly peony on me, which I'm pretty happy about, as I love peony and it always seems to get drowned out on my skin. The carnation is really only hints, which is unusual, as I tend to amp the shit out of it. The peach is lending some fresh, juiciness I think, but isn't really recognizable as peach. This is quite sweet, but not cloying. The vanilla blends right in and doesn't take over.

If you love sweet, sugary florals, or love peony, then I think you need to try this. So. Good.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: Every one of these notes is a win for me other than the honey, which is hit-or-miss. Had to try this.

In the Bottle: Sweet and sugary peach floral.

On my Skin: Sweet vanilla and peony. After a short while the peach emerges to add more sweetness. I can get hints of the carnation, but it's a dash rather than a main player.

Verdict: I am going to love using this as a moisturizer and a homemade scrub.

first applied as a skin lotion: rich and sultry floral with a hint of spice from the carnation. absolutely stunning.

then the honey comes out.

honey notes can either be sublime or foul on my skin. here, it's pleasant, but overpowers everything and I lose the beautiful flowers. I like this enough to get a bottle of this, but wish that the end result was closer to the wet stage.

this ends up being a beautiful honey scent that layers will with some of my more sensual bpal floral scents and also with fruit-focused hair glosses (the peaches, samurai and geisha)

I had to order Fluttering Peonies -- I love all the notes. This is the first Bath Oil I've tried, because I pretty much only take showers and not baths, but was advised that they make good moisturizers! I am using this as a moisturizer/lotion.

On my skin it is a sweet fruity-floral scent with a teeny bit of an almost minty green-herbalness at first. That note fades, though. The vanilla doesn't stand out to me, nor does the spice from the carnation. I can smell the vanilla if I really focus on it, but it's not the main player. It's mostly a balance of the peony and peach with the honey to sweeten it. But it's not overly sweet or cloying.

This absorbs into my skin pretty quickly and doesn't feel too greasy. I only need to use a couple drops at a time.

It's a keeper!

This has become one of my favorite bath oils (noted I use them as moisturizers mostly)

In the bottle it's distinct carnation, the kind that smells spicy and I was worried because carnation and I have a very strong love/hate relationship. I need fear not though because on the skin, wow! This is the most gorgeous peony, vanilla and honey I have ever smelled. The carnation only comes out slightly and I actually really enjoy it blended with the other notes.

Gorgeous fresh and yet spicy florals with creamy honey. It is beautiful for this time of year and I love layering it with Peony Moon the most.

When I was a kid, our backyard was enclosed by a thick border of lush, pink peonies which were often heavy with bees. They were torn out when I was about 12 because we had to put up a fence due to our swimming pool. I always loved those peonies and missed their smell. This is just how I remember them smelling round about the 4th of July. Happy memory in a bottle. ♡

PEONIES! This smells like peonies, carnation, and a touch of honey. This one is sweet, heady peony heavy. WOW.

Heartacheingly beautiful! This is the peony scent I have always wanted. As a little girl, I was fascinated with the giant, heady blooms that emerged from the ant covered buds. The honey and sweet peach notes add just enough creamy sweetness and depth to the floral to make it sink in to the skin, personifying the flower.

Edited by lookingglass

Peonies and peach and sweetness from the honey and vanilla :wub2: I've only got a hint of carnation which I'm pleased about. I only have a half bottle of this but if I weren't low on funds I'd probably splurge on a full bottle for this! I applied this to dry skin as a moisturizer.