Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
paperdollsandbpal

The Love Swing Hair Gloss

Vanilla-infused cardamom and sleek black patchouli.

On me this is a very dark patchouli lightly misted with the vanilla cardamom. With it being in my hair for a while the vanilla cardamom is a bit more obvious and I'm in love. The patch in this almost reminds me of revenant rhythms but slightly darker, however it isn't sweet...nowhere as sweet as RR but it is def. in the same family. If you love patch you will love this.

Oh wow, this is heavenly. This is like Revenant Rhythm and Black Vanilla and Cardamom HG's had a love child. A gorgeous, sexy love child. I love this.

It's a different patch note than RR - dryer, and the cardamom lends even more dryness. But the vanilla is sweet, and the whole thing is just so well balanced. It almost smells like there's hints of tobacco in this....that's another reason it's reminding me of Black Vanilla and Cardamom. Anyway, this is sexy, the patch is a bit less in-your-face, making it easier to wear to work for me, and I just love it.

Mmm, The Love Swing is so yummy. I definitely see the comp to Black Vanilla & Cardamom HG—vanilla and cardamom here also. The black patchouli is sleek and dark, just as described. Even though this has a strong smell when I first apply it, it's not heavy and the lingering smell after ten minutes or so is faintly sweet, like vanilla-cardamom molasses chews. I love it. :wub2:

The Love Swing is a blackened vanilla with a hint of patchouli. For me, this is much more wearable than say Revenant Rhythm. The vanilla makes me think of Silkybat actually, but the patchouli is different.

Overview: Hair gloss is a heavy, oily spray that quickly overwhelms my long, fine hair and makes it look and feel very greasy. I can't use this product anywhere but very sparingly on the ends of my hair, or else it makes my head look like an oil slick. I'm really careful with my hair and the products that I use on it. For a while, I was using this to fragrance the ends of my hair, but I find that it makes my hair fall out a lot, either from the high fragrance oil content, the heaviness of the oil itself, or something else. I wanted to love these and wanted them to work, because of the fragrances, but now I only use the hair gloss as a body mist on my arms and legs, not actually on my hair.
Fragrance review:

I don't know why, but this smells almost exactly like The Antikythera Mechanism to me (making me wonder if mine was mis-bottled or something after this went out of stock and had to be refilled). When I asked my husband to smell this, he said it was "really dark, heavy wood, men's cologne and vanilla." I love the black patchouli in blends like Depraved, but this doesn't smell like patchouli to me. It smells like oak, and lots of cool vanilla cream (it actually kept making me think of a root beer float with vanilla icecream). A little powdery, a little buttery-smooth, very creamy vanilla. I would have guessed it has sassafras and oak rather than cardamom and patchouli.
Not my favorite hair gloss.

Edited by Little Bird

Like zeezee, I picked this up and was immediately struck by its similarity to Silkybat - which I happen to still have a small amount of, lurking in my fridge. Sniffed side by side, they are kissin' cousins. Silkybat is rounder and more mellow, whereas Love Swing does have a woodsy sharpness on top that reminds me of The Antikythera Mechanism. It smells much more like either of these than it does like last year's Black Cardamom and Vanilla, which I also sniffed side-by-side with The Love Swing.

I love this. It loves me back.

YUM. The vanilla and cardamom are very assertive, set against a slightly smoky, sweet patchouli background. This is sweet and sultry and I can see myself wearing it a lot.

Like Little Bird, this smelled like Antikythera Mechanism hair gloss to me. Nice, but not what I was expecting given the notes!

I also get Antikythera Mechanism from this one, which is sad since I couldn't wear it. I will give it time and see what happens, but I was disappointed.

Mostly cardamom and vanilla with a dry patchouli in the background. This isn't the bold, gnarly patchouli of Revenant Rhythm; more of a quiet patchouli (if that's a thing).

Where I don't see myself wearing RR to places like work because it can get really overpowering the Love Swing is very wearable anywhere.

Really love this one.

Weird, but I also get Antikythera Mechanism from this (mine was a decant) :think: . No cardamom...the patchouli is definitely there and a touch of vanilla, but I also get a woody men's cologne scent. It has a lot of throw and detangles my hair pretty well (long and fine). Because the scent is pretty strong I use it on my wet hair before styling it. I like the way it smells and will use up the decant, but it's not what I was expecting.

Breaking the HG virginity thanks to a PIF!

Spicy Vanilla! It's glorious! The patchouli gives it an earthy feel.

This is a gorgeous scent. The gloss didn't make my hair oily, but did leave it feeling much less dry than it was!

I keep thinking I get hints of Sandalwood, but I'm not sure...

I just got this out of the mailbox and sprayed it on dry hair, though I'm sure it will treat my wet hair as excellently as all BPTP hair gloss does (I have coarse, dry, curly hair that seems to be exactly what hair gloss is made for; combed through damp hair as my only styling product, it produces soft non-frizzy and certainly non-greasy curls that last a couple of days).

The Love Swing smells marvelous but not like what I expected. Like Little Bird, I would swear this was sassafras and even wondered if it were mislabeled. I too get the impression of rootbeer float. But I like it a lot! It's going to be perfect to wear with Sissy, Outlaw, etc. And it's lasted a good four hours already. It's not the cardamom-patchouli of my dreams, but it's delicious nonetheless.

ETA: The Love Swing has terrific staying power -- I put it on yesterday around noon and am still getting faint wafts the following morning.

Edited by Lucchesa