Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

The Lady in Black Atmosphere Spray

Opulent gilded red musk and ivory-encrusted vanilla with orris root, smoked amber, red patchouli, and red oudh.

Lady in Black is opulent and rich, seductive and decadent. This smells red and black with glints of ivory. There's a great balance in the notes here, so much so that it smells sanded down with no one note taking deep prominence. The red musk is warm and husky and sensual, the orris root adds a touch of violets, and the red patchouli and red oudh ground it and bring the equivalent of a raised eyebrow. And the smoked amber...oh my goodness, the smoked amber. I get the smoke mostly right after I spray, and it lifts quickly but remains an influencer. What a gorgeous note.

I would absolutely wear this as a perfume, and will likely use up my bottle spraying clothes so that I can wear this on my person.

This is the atmo spray of my fantasies, hopes, and dreams! I swore I wouldn't buy any more atmos because I can't seem to make a dent in the plethora of bottles I already have. (It used to be easier to use up atmos before I retired, when I had bottles kept at work and others at home.) No matter, when I read the notes for this, I knew I had to get a decant and hopefully it would be enough. NOPE. :wink:

If you ever dreamed of a red musk scented atmo, THIS IS THE ONE! :thud: All of the notes blend so beautifully together, and as much as I adore red patchouli, even that doesn't scream at you. This is sexy drop-dead gorgeous and I don't ever need to try another atmo. I would love this as a sleep scent but I'd never get any sleep if I sprayed it on the bed linens, if you get my meaning. I do, however, want to roll around in this. Yeah, I'm buying a couple of bottles of this for sure.

Edited by Poenari

I just got mine, it's gorgeous! OK, it's pretty much fresh out of the mailbox, but from the bottle & on first spraying I get smokey vanilla which is followed by everything Red (musk, patch, oudh) and amber. The orris is really subtle but lovely.

I would absolutely wear this as a perfume too! Or as a hair gloss, bath oil... whatever.

This is really nice, though it didn't wow me the way I had hoped...I think maybe because mine is light on the red musk and that's what I was most hoping for. That being said, the red patch in this is to die for! And now that it's drying more (I sprayed a pillow) the musk is coming out more. I will likely thoroughly enjoy spraying this on scarves and such. Its pretty sexy, and I would wear it as a perfume for sure as well.

Every whiff of this I get an acrid, chemical-powder note that I sometimes get from fresh black leather scents, but black leather isn't in this, right?

Then I reread the notes. Orris. Orris = violets = one of my biggest death notes. Even though it's not on my skin, my nose just does NOT like the smell of violet. It always reads as "cheap dryer sheets" to my nose, and unfortunately it throttles the typically dominant red musk into brutal submission. Guess I was so excited about everything else in the blend I completely missed that orris was in this.

Off to sales she goes.

Smoky vanilla, amber and a touch of oudh. This one is a sophisticated musky vanilla (definitely vanilla-centric) with amber and a touch of oudh. I don't really get red musk from my spray. It smells sexy and luxurious.

Red ALL THE SEXY THINGS! The fruity headiness of the red musk leads out of the bottle, soon enveloped by vanilla amber. Red patchouli always smells a bit rosey to me, and combined with the red musk, becomes thick and jammy...heavy and rich. The drydown of orris and oude is glorious...so BODILY, scalpy, creamy...fleshy. This is a more vanillaed version of Crimson or Scheherazade, her red, spicy, incensey sisters. The Lady in Black reminds me of the wanton women in Edward Gorey drawings...all kohl eyed, mysterious, full of glamour, but of an almost indescribable place and time.

I swear this is the most beautiful thing I have ever smelled. I agree with the positive reviews here and don't want to be redundant but yes, red musk/vanilla spray of dreams! I would love to have this as a perfume oil and bath oil too! I cannot stop spraying it on my clothes...I just hope it lasts!

I think I like red musk more in perfume than just floating around in my house. The musk seems to turn sharper and dryer when it's not on skin, if that makes any sense. The amber and orris aren't helping it out here either, going very dry and powdery. Maybe I waited too long to try this, but it's an underwhelming, warm, musky, dry, powdery scent now. Not sweet enough for me.

ooh this is quite lovely! i get red musk, vanilla and something almost floral but doesn't seem to be orris root. it's a sweet vanilla musk. just gorgeous! i need more of this ASAP. 💞