Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Frau bei der Selbstbefriedigung Bath Oil

Gustav Klimt’s ode to masturbation: pale sandalwood, white cream vanilla, and a touch of tea rose.

Note: I'm reviewing this as a moisturizer and not as a product that I tested in the bath.

In the bottle: The vanilla cream is the most prominent note here, followed by the tea rose and the light sandalwood.

On my skin: The white cream vanilla is still the star of the show, but I am getting more of the pale sandalwood on my skin than I did in the bottle. There really is just a touch of tea rose here. It was stronger in the bottle than it is on my skin. Then, the pale sandalwood note becomes the dominant note, but it's not dry at all, and the vanilla isn't far behind it. Sometimes, I sniff my arm and smell more sandalwood and vanilla, but other times, I smell more vanilla and that touch of tea rose. If you enjoyed the rose and vanilla combo of Crimson Peak's Between Your Heart and Mine, but were hoping for more vanilla (like me), you will probably enjoy this (if you don't mind sandalwood). The scent is soft and doesn't have much throw.

Verdict: I'm glad that the notes in this are wins on me, because I'm a German Studies major, so I wanted this as soon as I saw it in the Trading Post's Lupercalia update. :P It's lovely.

I am also reviewing this as a moisturizer, I haven't tested it in the bath.

In the bottle, this is mostly cream (I'm not really getting much vanilla with the cream), and it's a sweet cream.

On my skin, the sandalwood blooms first, and I thought for a few mins this was very much going to be a creamy sandalwood scent, but then I started amping the rose. It's now beautifully balanced - sweet cream, rose and sandalwood. It's lovely, feminine and pretty, and will pair well with all kinds of perfumes. Very happy I blind bottled it.

Tested as a moisturizer, since that's how I use my bath oils.

A dry vanilla cream, due to the sandalwood. No hint of pencil shavings, as sandalwood can sometimes turn on me. The slightest hint of tea rose is found only after drydown. Nothing foodie about this vanilla. Pretty, gentle, feminine, and I could see this working with a lot of perfumes. However, it's not a "me" scent so my decant will suffice.

viva la chemistry differences. on me, the vanilla cream is very buttery, rich and foodie. although it's not sugared or candy-like, just heavy on the CREAM. it's the most prominent note, followed by the pink rose. very little sandalwood coming through, although I sense it in the foundation of the scent.

reminds me of plovers above the waves. I like it and have used it in the tub, but it's too foodie for me to confidently wear it as a lotion.

Edited by annemathematics

Wearing as a moisturizer.

Oh, this one is nice. I'm getting mainly sandalwood cut through with the fresh tea rose. The vanilla cream rounds out the blend and is not sweet. I get all three notes and really like the balance.

Very pleasant, not very strong, and a nice balance of the fresh rose with dry, comforting notes. I declare this one a winner for this rose lover.

My nose says this is a very sweet, rich, homemade vanilla custard with a hint of mild sandalwood. I can only just barely pick up on the rose if I re-read the description and remember it's there. Quite pretty and rather calming/comforting. Also reminds me of the white chocolate version of the Peter Rabbit we sometimes got at Easter back when. Given the masturbatory title, I feel a bit ooky for saying this would be a lovely scent for a child.

(My test: Rubbed onto skin, not poured into bath)

Edited by kscha2017

Honestly, to me, this smells like sandalwood and the creamy vanilla ends up as a white chocolate-type on me. I didn't get the rose at all. In some ways, this definitely reminded me to Victorian Virgin with Cherubs, as to me it was a chocolate + sandalwood/amber/resin sort of smell. Gorgeous.

This reminds me of blends like Parlement of Foules and Pulcinella & Teresina (but this is softer and gentler). Sweet rose and soft, dry woods with an overall resinous, incensey tone. The vanilla cream isn't very strong, but has a Love's Philosophy type smell to my nose. A bit baby powdery.
Resinous, dry, woody rose with a bit of powdery vanilla sweetness.

Used as a moisturizer as well.

A dry vanilla cream scent. It starts off rather woody, but then the vanilla becomes more prominent. I get just a hint of tea rose. This is a soft but persistent scent, very lovely.

I don't take baths but love these as moisturizers, too.

In the bottle this smells vanilla cream-dominant to me. Once on my skin, though, the pinkish-smelling rose blooms wide, and I walk around for a while in a creamy pink rose cloud.

Frau settles into about equal parts tea rose and vanilla cream on me. Sandalwood and frankincense tend to have a texture in my nose as well as a smell, and both scent and texture ground this blend in the sandalwood. As others have said, it's not strong, though.

Beautiful, satisfying.

This is the itch I was looking to scratch when I ordered Allegory of Chastity. I'll play with layering them when it gets here.

this is mostly sandalwood and vanilla cream with hints of tea rose that seem to flit in and out. it’s not an understatement to say that i love this and i wish i had more.