Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Uranus

Eccentricity - Adventure - Clairvoyance - Defiance - Humanitarianism - Lawlessness - Magnetism - Paradoxes - Astrology - Whimsy - Progress - Electricity - Invention – Satire

First whiff: clove and lavender?

Drydown: I swear, I can really smell lavender in this! Lavender, under clove and and soft, unobtrusive cinnamon, and a hint of camphor-like note in the background.
Ooooh it's becoming lovely, with the clove mellowing and blending with the cinnamon! It actually reminds me of Mercury - which is fitting, with an added, prominent clove note. It's not as candy-delicious as Mercury, though. Still, it's very pleasant, with the cinnamon being quite demure, not in-your-face at all.

Verdict: Uranus does share that "airy", "quicksilver" vibe that I already felt from Mercury, and... well, it feels dead-on with what the blend's astrological namesake stands for. Plus it smells really nice, so what's not to like? :P

7.5/10

Uranus - Cinnamon! This is more of a sweet, candy-like cinnamon, and not the dry spice I often smell in Beth’s cinnamon scents. Behind it is something woody and almost meaty and fleshy, like bitter almond flesh. The cinnamon is the dominant note throughout the course of wear, but after about an hour, it becomes very soft and faint, and the background notes are even fainter. I’m not a big fan of cinnamon, so this isn’t something I’ll find myself using again. Low to moderate level of throw and pretty decent staying power.

another from zenvodunista (thank you).

I expected paradox with Uranus, or lightning, perhaps.

What happens is--well, I thought nutmeg, before clove and cinnamon both hit. It is quick, it warms my skin (but doesn't burn--it feels like it should be leaving welts, but it doesn't)

It has a demanding feel to it. "Wake up! Pay attention!". Since Uranus often works in that manner, this is very appropriate.

On the night of a day in which the temps were above 100 this might not have been the best choice to try out...but in cold weather it would be a delight.

There is something beneath the spices that it oddly unsettling (also quite appropriate to Uranus). I get the oddest wafts of flowers/fruit/maybe ozone. But it is the spice scent (which kind of brings to mind my dad's old aftershave: Old Spice) that lingers.

Uranus-

In Bottle: Clove. Ooh, absolutely numbing.

Wet: Hugely clove, but nice.

Dry: Well! If I want a nice sweet clove, I'll know where to go. Not bad!

Overall: Decent!

Cinnamon red-hots! Seriously, this is as close to single note cinnamon as I think you can get without getting the perfume equivalent of a chemical burn. If there are any other notes in here, I can't smell them.

Eventually, as it fades down a bit, there does seem to be a hint of something else -- mint maybe? Something herbal. But mainly it's still The Cinnamon Show.

It is also starting to make the skin where I applied it itch a little bit, and there's a touch of redness developing, even though I made a point of putting it on a not-very-sensitive place (back of hand instead of wrist), due to the extreme cinnamonyness.

I don't mind the scent, but I think I may have to wash this off just for the well-being of my skin. Note to self: if ever doing ritual work with Uranus and using this oil, apply it only to the candles!

Grade: B-

Clove and cinnamon! Spicy, sweet and foody. Nice, but straight spice blends aren’t really my thing. They tend to burn my nostrils. Still, it might be nice blended with a creamy, milky note to take away some of the fire.

A very warm spicy blend, clove with a touch of cinnamon undertones. I really smell more clove in mine than the cinnamon, but it has a nice balance all in all. This is one of those scents which seems to cling all day- another plus in my book.

I tend to prefer foody type spice blends, I guess I like smelling like my mother's kitchen or something! :P

Somehow this one brings winter baked goods to mind, but I can't think of which sort.

In Vial:Cinnamon and wax

Wet: Smells like a strong cinnamon candle not lit.

Drydown: This smells exactly like a cinnamon stick. Very realistic. This will be good for layering.

In the Bottle

Sweet, yummy cinnamon.

On Me

Stays sweet and cinnamony for awhile, then changes to something a lot hotter and harsher. Then it all sort of vanishes, and I'm left with a subtly breezy something vaguely floral.

I can't smell it on me anymore (after about three hours) but I can still smell it around me. It's interesting.

(And it's my astrological planet, too!)

Wet: Spicy, and almost like licorice.

First on: It's very candylike, but nothing in particular...

Dry: It dries down to the scent of Necco wafers. Weird.

i'm surprised so many get cinnamon from this one. on first sniff and all throughout the day i got...CLOVE! just clove! and it was lovely!

Mmmmmm, this smells awesome, and provides so very many welcomed opportunities for immature, juvenile humor - my favorite kind, since I'm secretly a thirteen year old boy, apparently! Spicy cinnamon and clove over a soft, woodsy background with a sweet vanilla base. I had to try this because I am an Aquarius and I love spicy hot scents. This is foody and delicious and right up my alley!!

I'm going to get out of this thread NOW before I turn into Beavis and embarrass myself...

Hrm. I definitely get the clove (which is good, since I love it), and something that I would classify more as allspice as opposed to cinnamon, and perhaps just a brush of lavender. This is mainly a clove blend on me though.

LOVE!

ETA: Smelling a little more carefully, I think there's a black tea base to this one.

ETA: Got a bottle of this - clove and black tea are the main notes. However, my skin totally eats this up. It's pretty much gone after 2 hours. Not entirely a concern since I'm hoping to use this in TAL workings.

Edited by zankoku_zen

like red hots candy (cinnamon) but also very smoky! just did a little on each wrist and the smoky spicy of it made it almost hard to breath (I'm glad I didn't put any on my neck like I normally do)

after an hour or two the smokyness calms down and the cinnamon candy continues to stand out

another 2 hours and I think it's really fading...wish I had the imp with me to add a little more!

a good imp to have if you like smoky cinnamon!

This is a review of an aged bottle.

In the bottle: Red hots, and a very faint hint of something darker, maybe clove.

On skin, wet: Pretty much the same as in the bottle.

On skin, dry: The clove gets a little stronger, giving a nice dusky base to the red-hots cinnamon.

After an hour: Pretty much the same as the initial drydown.

Cinnamon. Not just cinnamon, but shining, luminescent cinnamon. I agree with the above person who said it smells like a cinnamon-spice candle that hasn't yet been lit, I thought I smelled a hint of paraffin or wax without the honey/beeswax note that is in so many of the waxy notes.

This is just glorious. I love it.