Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Uranus

Eccentricity - Adventure - Clairvoyance - Defiance - Humanitarianism - Lawlessness - Magnetism - Paradoxes - Astrology - Whimsy - Progress - Electricity - Invention – Satire

Cinnamon and woodsy (maybe a little cedar?) along with a metallic touch that sometimes means clove that's gone wierd on me. Very spicey and earthly, masculine and strong. Nice, definitly empowering, but not for me. Edited by Shollin

Uranus smells so spicy! *snickers*

I'm in the minority evidently - I get loads of clove, not cinnamon. Regardless, it is the spicy goodness. :P

I'm in the minority evidently - I get loads of clove, not cinnamon. Regardless, it is the spicy goodness. :P

Me too, mostly clove with a smokey undertone.

Ow, ow, ow! Nothing but sharp, blunt clove. It hurts to smell. And my skin's itching a little, too.

2006 iteration

I vaguely recall ordering this because someone mentioned a cinnamon note in it. I love cinnamon, usually. That was before I started having some weird results with the lab's cinnamony scents, some of which fall into bad ways around me, others of which stay fluffy and cookie-like. I am ever hopeful.

In the bottle: Cinnamon sticky-buns, cinnamon rolls, cinnamon candy, cinnamon booze, made into a cake and drizzled with sugary frosting. Hot cross Uranus buns. (Ooo! That sounds naughty!)

On, wet: Still cinnamon, but there's a burgeoning overtone I'll have to describe as full and creamy (not necessarily a good thing), and a leathery undertone. I am nonplussed.

On, drying: Still leathery and spicy—in fact, it smells precisely like new shoes. High-quality new shoes. Brown Mary Janes, with a low heel. I love new shoes. But do I want to smell like new shoes? This oil is spreading across my wrist in a shiny swath, as some of the oils do, sitting at the surface. I'll want to make sure I've rubbed it in a bit if I were to wear it, so I'll do so now, in case that changes the scent any.

On, rubbed about: Cinnamon and shoe leather, and that is all. The cinnamon (I could be coaxed to call it clove, and now that I've thought "clove" I smell both) is staying strong, the leather (or whatever note suggests leather to me) is keeping it from burning out of hand, becoming too foody or sharp. I've wanted a cinnamon I can wear and not feel like a box of Red Hot candies or a package of chewing gum. This may be a keeper.

Throw: I'm going to say medium-y.

Lasts: and lasts, I'll bet. After an hour, it is still plenty strong.

Overall: I could see myself wearing this while setting out defiantly on an adventure in a whimsical electric vehicle of my own invention to bring humanitarian progress to a lawless land through the magnetic force of my own personality, which tends toward the satiric. I am a bit of a paradox. And a wee bit clairvoyant, depending on the day of the month.

Edited by klio

Cloves, with only the very slightest drop of cinnamon. The cinnamon is part of the throw, which is quite substantial; up close, this is all clove, all the time. Very warm and comforting and inspiring. I've gotten so much accomplished today when I had nothing on my schedule.

Also, I experienced NO skin sensitivity to this blend.

I get the cinnamon red hots, but I also see the clove people are talking about. Actually, it gave me the same queasy feeling in the bottle that Three Witches did, but on, oh it's so nice.

But it's different from other spice blends somehow. Doesn't smell quite like Shub or Three Witches or Gingerbread Poppet. Smells... weirder, more eccentric, distant. I have a feeling that there's something maybe aquatic or ozone in there, very far in the background, giving this and alien feeling. I love it! So cool!

I was very keen to try Uranus, as I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Aquarius. So I was pleased when this started off warm and spicy, all cloves and cinnamon candies. There was a hint of something medicinal lurking in the background, too. As it dried, it still strongly smelled of cloves and something metal, rather funky actually. But after a while the clove scent kind of grated on me and smelled more like a Christmas pomander than anything else. So, I liked Uranus, but I think it's more of a room fragrance than one I'd wear.

Uranus is nearly overpoweringly cinnamon to me.

When you first smell the imp you almost have to turn away. At first it's harsh and candy/synthetic smelling, but once worn (and after a good 15 minutes) you can finally smell something of clove and a woodyness.

I imagine I will smell like this for quite some time to come.

Just got my bottle today..

In the bottle: cinnamon, cinnamon cinnamon

Wet: Still firey cinnamon, but the clove has revved up and taken off..there's some other spice in there, what is it?

Dry: Cinnamon has faded down almost completely and the clove has downshifted. I think it's Nutmeg that's the woody spicy thing going on seperate from the clove

Verdict: As an Aquarian and a lover of Inferno I'm a bit torn here. I love the spiciness of the oil, but there's something tugging at me saying there's something missing. I'll try this again in a week or so, to see if there's a difference

I hope so, cuz I swiped another bottle

Cinnamon, cinnamon and more cinnamon! In the best possible way. This is the cinnamon scent I've been dying for - a perfect red-hot-candy cinnamon with just a hint of woodyness underneath. In the drydown, I think I can see what a couple of others have mentioned about just a bit of a leather note as well.

I've got a sinus cold today, and this is helping me feel better. :P

This truly is pure crushed up candy red-hots. I am getting that cinnamon with perhaps a bit of clove in there. Lovers of spicy scents, rejoice!

I generally am succeptible to cinnamon rashes, but I am seeing nothing happen as a result of this oil. I keep glancing at the imp, expecting it to be reddish, rather than a buttery yellow color.

I am starting to think this ought to be nicknamed "dog bait", however. No sooner did I put it on when I had one of my pups scrabbling at me manically. Now she won't leave my lap and is sniffing the air and shmecking.

This reminds me of both the TAL "Gainful Employment" and Lush's Wiccy Magic Muscles bar. I like it, but it feels almost essential-oil like (I use cinnamon and clove EOs in housecleaning), and I want to combine it with something else.... maybe I'll keep it as a Yule house-scent.

In the bottle: Cinnamon. Both red hot and kitchen variety.

Wet: Same as in the bottle, but with the red hot cinnamon winning. Eep.

Drydown: There's a metallic scent in there as well as the cinnamon. Ozone, perhaps? The more I smell it, the more I have the impression of smelling metal with a cinnamon afterscent. There's also a slightly orangey scent and I think a bit of clove, and it ends up being rather sweet. It's quite an aggressive blend, much more so than Mars.

Overall: Eccentric, paradoxical? Yeah. It has a cold element, the metal, and a warm element, the spices, and the mix of the two actually works, which is completely unexpected. It smells cold, to me, despite all the usually homey spices. It's a rather good representation of Uranus, which is a planet that I've always pictured as a bomb just waiting to explode. The red hots and the ozone manage to give that feel.

Whoa, overwhelmingly cinnamon! Why do so many of the planetary oils smell like cinnamon? This is a red hot, in your face, ass kickin type cinnamon note. There's a funky undertone, something that doesn't agree with me, maybe clove? It actually smells a bit like leather to me, but I know it's probably something woodsy playing tricks on my nose. Definitely not for me, but the boy loves it, and has claimed my bottle. (I think he just wants to be able to say he's wearing Uranus :P )

I was most excited to be able to get this one. I'm not collecting the celestials (though I may kick myself later) but really wanted Uranus and Pluto. Uranus because it's my planet, and Pluto because it's so darn cute.

In the bottle: Oh, hello Clove. MMm, pure clove.

On wet: Still clove, nice, warm and spicey. This is almost a single note clove. I don't get cinnamon in this.

Maybe I'm not thinking clearly. Could be straight cinnamon stick, but it's so much more like clove to me.

Stays true through drying. The cinnamon does kick up a bit more, but the clove never leaves. (so far)

So far I'm not experiences the usual skin rash either!

Reasonable throw.

Pretty keen!

Edited by Mary Mayhem

In the bottle, this smells warm and metallic, like hot playground equipment. As soon as it hits my skin, though, it turns spicy. All I can smell is cinnamon and cloves, but the cinnamon has a slightly sweet note to it that I like. Definitely a scent that perked me up right after waking up!

This smells to me like clove-flavored candy. I have no idea why I get that impression, but there's something very sweet about it, in addition to the clove (which is strong).

In one sniff it smells like cinnamon-apples, and then I in the next sniff all I can think of is clove buds.

Too spicy for me personally, but I think spice fans will like this one.

Oh my goodness, this is delicious wet. Cinnamon, but not Dentyne cinnamon, more like cinnamon sticks and something a little sweet.

Dry, though, the cloves take over and ATTACK and I smell a little too much like a candle. I like Uranus before it dries (snicker), but unfortunately, I can't keep applying it every two minutes to make it stay good.

In the bottle: Huh. There's something clove or cinnamon in this. Slightly metallic, possibly ozone, kind of smells like alcohol (the drinking kind) actually... with a bid of a woodsy, earthy background smell. Very interesting... I love cinnamon scents so that's good, but ozone/metallic usually goes soapy on me. So I'm not sure how this one will turn out.

On my skin: Wet, OMG. Um... love. Metallicy cinnamon with just a hint of clove. And it stays that way through dry-down with the clove coming out just a bit more. After a while the clove is the most prominent smell. Not soapy at all, which is great.

Final Thoughts: I am so happy this ended up being as fantastic as it did. Major internet cookies/hugs/love to the person who sent this to me as a partial frimp. I ordered Mars and Venus from her and mentioned that I was attempting to collect all the Celestials. So aside from the frimp of Margause she threw in this as well!

The cinnamon/clove that it was right after drying was so good, but I was a little sad to find that it continued to get more and more clovey after time. I like clove, but I really liked the combo. So I tried layering this with Inferno (which comes out as completely cinnamon on me) and it worked just as I was hoping it would!

Edited by draconix

I love this! It's a cinnamon-clove spice riot! I crave cookies now...

Uranus calms down a little bit after three or four minutes of wear. The cinnamon is still there, but the fragrance now is more of clove, which is really excellent and far more subtle.

Oddly, I was wearing Mercury today, which is another planetary oil with cinnamon and lavendar. Although Uranus starts out very cinnamon-esque, it settles into a clove scent that makes it different, and warrants keeping the two bottles. Fans of Three Witches would love this.

-doreen

In Bottle: Pepper

On Skin: It wasn’t very sweet in the bottle, but after it’s put on my skin, the spiciness amps up 100 times over and there is a sweet spice as well… maybe clove? Yes, super strong clove, YOWCH! This is like that super concentrated cinnamon oil you use to make candies and lollipops. I used to use it when I made lollipops for school fundraising things, and I remember spilling some on me and wiping my eye and the burning was like nothing on this earth. I had to keep my eye closed for over a day. And the clove is like sticking your nose into a jar of cloves, very concentrated cloviness. Anyway, this is not a scent I’d ever wear… but I have to admit, I want to see it’s intent actually works. Light throw, average staying power.

Cinnamon and clove, tasty! It smells like a store my mother used to drag me to when I was younger, a country craftsy store, with knotty pine floors and a labyrinth of stacks. I can't shake the 'country store' vibes, but it's very homey and comforting. It's got a good throw and lasts for hours on my skin, although it can be almost too strong initially.

This is a very warm scent, though - given that it's 90 degrees and humid right now, I'm thinking there were better scents to apply for a review refresher. This is better saved for autumn, when it will fit in perfectly with falling leaves.

Bottle: white gumdrop, you know - spice drops..? I love those things..sorta cinnamon and clove..

Wet: warm, sharp, cinnamon-y, like a red hot candy..sweet without being OMG sweet.

Dry: whimsy, in an electric way. spicy, and it's that spice that has the potential to wake up your mouth and wake you up or burn the hell out of that chapped lip you didn't know you had.

Later: eccentricity in a scent - dead on.

In the imp: cinnamon! not quite as hot as in Three witches or Wrath, but still, very very cinnamony.

On me, wet: dirty cinnamon. there's an earth base to this, I guess - and maybe some clove and a dark wood too.

On me, dry: spicy clove-and-cinnamon woods. it smells like an empty spice box, in a good way. After a while it fades to a soft clove-and-wood smell.

Verdict: Gee, this is a lot subtler than I feared it would be from the imp. Nice enough and it's made me stop fearing cinnamon in scents so much, but it's not a scent I think I'll ever wear.

To me this is cinnamon, clove, and something underneath that I can't quite identify- it smells somewhat dark and alcoholic. It's a dry, spicy and hot scent, not foody at all. On me this is very light, does not have much throw and fades quickly (after an hour there's nearly nothing left). This will be great for winter!