Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Uranus

Eccentricity - Adventure - Clairvoyance - Defiance - Humanitarianism - Lawlessness - Magnetism - Paradoxes - Astrology - Whimsy - Progress - Electricity - Invention - Satire

mmmmm it smells like crushed up red hots, with some sort of a woody base (maybe cinnamon bark?). it kind of reminds me of a spicier hamadryad. how i love thee, uranus. my ruling planet, no less. shame that you are now discontinued.

First sniff: Uranus, oddly enough, smells like a craft store. Cinnamon brooms and potpourri.

Wearing: Immediately I get the impression that this is one of those “nice enough, but not something I want to smell like” scents. It’s a bright cinnamon, almost Red Hots-ish rather than the pure stick scent.

at first: tequila?!?

on: reminds me of xmas. lots of cinnamon. however, there's still that tequila note to it.

half an hour later: cinnamon, but a softer cinnamon, not biting.

2 hours later: still that soft cinnamon. very nice.

4 hours later: i still smell very fainty of cinnamon.

overall: i can't believe that this one didn't burn when i put it on. i really like that the cinnamon isn't too intense.

In the bottle: Um...alcohol. No, seriously. Alcohol and wood. Maybe a whiskey or scotch.

Wet: That's better. We're back in the land of cinnamon sticks and wreaths. Yes, this is the section of every craft store that I cannot walk through for fear of swooning. It's not overwhelmingly bad, but it's not good for me, either. This is strong strong. Strong.

Dry down: Same only with more cinnamon to it. And, yes, there's the slight sweet that accompanies red hots, which I cannot eat either.

Dry: Same. Too wood and cinnamon for me.

In the vial, Uranus is... cinnamon and metallic, with a touch of ozone.

On me, it's all cinnamon, clove, and something light and woody that smells almost like burning embers of fire. There's also something that vaguely smells like green leaves back in the very, very back.

It's similar to Three Witches, but not quite as balanced. There's something that's slightly off in Uranus.

In the vial: Craft store / cinnamon broom!

Wet, on my skin: Reminds me of Sugar Cookie, but with more oomph and less sweetness.

On drydown: Still very cinnamony in a craft store kinda way, but I smell something metallic in the background.

i love the smell of uranus (ok ok i couldn't resist a cheesy joke :P i am a doof)

definite cinnamon bark, that is abt all i get and i adore it yummy!

in the bottle: boozy. Yeah, alcohol.

On me: cinnamony - alcoholy, like cinnamon schnapps.. very warm smelling.. dries to a total cinnamon smell.

Courtesy of the Pumpkin King circular swap!

In the imp: Foody wood. Huh?

Wet: Cinnamon wood. It's a darker Hamadryad.

Drydown: It clings very closely to my skin at this stage. I get whiffs of alcohol, but I'm not sure what type of alcohol it is.

Final thoughts: Oddly enough, this fades very quickly on me. My skin apparently loves it and sucked it all up. :P

Origin:

The Pumpkin King circular swap. :D

First sniff:

Wow, I like this! Cinnamon and wood of some sort. I don't know that I'd wear this, but it's interesting and quite nice. :P

Wet on skin:

Some kind of dry wood with a light dusting of cinnamon over top of it. It's a sort of less intense, less spicy relative of Three Witches. I like this a lot. :D

Dry down:

Spicier than it was when it was wet, but otherwise the same. I'm surprised I didn't try this before...assuming I could have gotten ahold of some, that is. :D

The bottom line:

Vaguely reminiscent of potpurri, but I like it. :D

In bottle: It smells like a Micheal's craft store to me. Cinnamon sticks in a 'botanical' pillar candle. There's another 'something other' to keep it from being a pure spice fragrance, but I don't know what the 'interference' is.

On me: Rather like a weak Hamadryad. The cinnamon is stronger, like crushed candy. It isn't anything that Beth hasn't created a better version of at some point; you'd like this if you enjoyed Three Witches or Hamadryad.

Uranus:

Originated from: Celestials circular swap

Wet: Cinnamon-amon-amon! Sugary Red Hots.

Drydown: Still smelling Red Hots. This isn't all too different on my skin than Three Witches was.

Longterm wear: Lovely scent! I wish I had more of it.

Yep -- it's Red Hots.

I've been "burned" several times recently b cinnamon blends on my skin so I'm not going to test this on my skin, I'm just sniffing it. I never thought of Uranus as a cinnamony planet but then again, I haven't really studied this planet very much. I'd better steer clear of this one! I don't like cinnamon to begin with, but if you are working with the planet Uranus and enjoy cinnamon, you're in luck!

Wet: minty cinnamon!

Drying: minty cinnamon with a pinch of lotus? I think I'm catching the bubbleegum scent in there...

I love cinnamon scents of all kinds. Haven't met one I didn't like yet. And this one even likes me in spite of the time of the month (which is the time where most bpal scents hate me).

Sigh. Want this. Must give it back to the circular swap. Anyone wanna gimme theirs? :P

In the bottle: Cinnamon, and I can faintly detect that alcohol scent people are talking about.

First on: Cinnamon & wood chips. I can't tell which wood, maybe cedar or sandalwood, maybe redwood.

Drydown: Hasn't changed from above, but it has become much more faint. This is definitely one I would wear, if it wasn't gone. :P

Forgive my short-ish review, I had to write up a bunch of reviews quickly as part of the Celestial swap circle...

Spice cookies without much sweetness; definite anise note. Very spicy, in a yummy way, without being cloyingly sweet. A great winter scent.

Hehehe...I smell Uranus. :P Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Origins - part of the TAL Circular Swap

Wet - candied cinnamon and something off. At first I think the other note is vetiver, but that's not quite it. If not for the other note, this would be pure red hots.

Dry - the other note is gone now, and this is pure candied cinnamon. It actually burnt the tip of my nose when I went to sniff it, and I rarely have problems with cinnamon blends burning my skin.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 2.

Courtesy of the Celestials circular swap!

Is this a Cinnamon Single Note?

No?

Well, then, it's the closest thing to it, at least on my skin! Fresh, sweet, spicy cinnamon, but not too hot or sharp.

Droooool.

From the Celestial swap.

Powerful orange clove scent! Very spicy and yummy. Possibly a whole cinnamon stick thrown in there too. It smells just like Christmas to me. :P

Uranus

In the imp: cloves! Yup, it's cloves, but with something else-not sure what though.

Wet on skin: still cloves, with something else that I think could be ozone. But mainly cloves.

Dry on skin: fresh cloves. Possibly cinnamon too. This has the warm, sweet spice of cloves, but it's fresh and airy, or liquid rather than flat out spicy. I can't actually tell what the scent is, but I think it's ozone of some sort. But it's mainly sweet festive spice on me.

After a while: I think there's cinnamon coming out now. Dry, hot cinnamon bark, with whole clove buds, but still with something salty and fresh.

After a few hours it changes to...leather? Yup, I'm getting leather here!

Verdict: Uranus is, to me, a planet full of surprises, and this scent was a pleasant surprise. The scent is predominantly cloves and maybe cinnamon-that strong, sweet, spicy scent, but it's coupled with a slight saltiness, which I think could be ozone. This isn't as sweet as Three Witches because of this strange salty angle, it's an unusual combination but it seems to work. I love the smell of festive spices anyway, and this is a very nice scent. The ozone like salty scent makes it more interesting than just plain spice though. I like it a lot.

Edited by yeahbutnobut

The closest scent to which I can liken the Uranus blend is that of the powdery residue that Dentyne cinnamon-flavored gum leaves on its wrapper.

This was added as a bonus as part of the TAL Circular swap, so I've just tried Uranus once.

It is super spicy...baking spices, cinnamon, fresh ground nutmeg, cloves with something almost juicy (but not necessarily fruity, if that makes sense). It is very similar to Three Witches, but where Three Witches is a dry scent, Uranus is wet. I think I may need a bottle of this when it is reissued, or at least an imp when folks start decanting...

Edited to add my thoughts on my reissued bottle:

I love this scent. It is sweet, spicy, but not candle spicy - it's a warm, yummy, smell with a hint of woodyness (cedar?) that makes it much more wearable for me than, say, Three Witches, which I wanted to love but which made me feel like I was inside a Yankee Candle. It does fade quickly on me and requires some slathering, but that's okay - that's what bottles are for!

Edited by emzebel

Bottle (Imp): Spicy.

Just On: Yummy spices.

An hour or two later: Delicious spices.

Around 6 hours: Mellow spices.

12 hours: Barely there spices.

Overall: I like this one quite a bit, and wouldn't complain if I could get more of it.

After reading other reviews: Okay, so I got the cinnamon, though it was the only thing I got. I didn't get wood, greens, or potpourri out of it. I like it plenty.

Uranus. The planet that falls victim to so many bad jokes. I wanted to like this, but it's just not working on me. I'm getting the cinnamon and slight wooden undercurrent that others have mentioned... but it's just so fake on me. Craft store potpourri. It smells cheap and sickeningly sweet. In the drydown this is pure cinnamon, and enough to give me a headache. :P