Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TijuanaBible

The Imperfect Enjoyment

Naked she lay, clasped in my longing arms,
I filled with love, and she all over charms;
Both equally inspired with eager fire,
Melting through kindness, flaming in desire.
With arms, legs, lips close clinging to embrace,
She clips me to her breast, and sucks me to her face.
Her nimble tongue, loves lesser lightning, played
Within my mouth, and to my thoughts conveyed
Swift orders that I should prepare to throw
The all-dissolving thunderbolt below.
My fluttering soul, sprung with the pointed kiss,
Hangs hovering oer her balmy brinks of bliss.
But whilst her busy hand would guide that part
Which should convey my soul up to her heart,
In liquid raptures I dissolve all oer,
Melt into sperm, and spend at every pore.
A touch from any part of her had done t:
Her hand, her foot, her very looks a cunt.
Smiling, she chides in a kind murmuring noise,
And from her body wipes the clammy joys,
When, with a thousand kisses wandering oer
My panting bosom, Is there then no more?
She cries. All this to love and raptures due;
Must we not pay a debt to pleasure too?
But I, the most forlorn, lost man alive,
To show my wished obedience vainly strive:
I sigh, alas! and kiss, but cannot swive.
Eager desires confound my first intent,
Succeeding shame does more success prevent,
And rage at last confirms me impotent.
Evn her fair hand, which might bid heat return
To frozen age, and make cold hermits burn,
Applied to my dear cinder, warms no more
Than fire to ashes could past flames restore.
Trembling, confused, despairing, limber, dry,
A wishing, weak, unmoving lump I lie.
This dart of love, whose piercing point, oft tried,
With virgin blood ten thousand maids has dyed,
Which nature still directed with such art
That it through every cunt reached every heart-
Stiffly resolved, twould carelessly invade
Woman or man, nor ought its fury stayed:
Whereer it pierced, a cunt it found or made-
Now languid lies in this unhappy hour,
Shrunk up and sapless like a withered flower.
Thou treacherous, base deserter of my flame,
False to my passion, fatal to my fame,
Through what mistaken magic dost thou prove
So true to lewdness, so untrue to love?
What oyster-cinder-beggar-common whore
Didst thou eer fail in all thy life before?
When vice, disease, and scandal lead the way,
With what officious haste doest thou obey!
Like a rude, roaring hector in the streets
Who scuffles, cuffs, and justles all he meets,
But if his king or country claim his aid,
The rakehell villain shrinks and hides his head;
Evn so thy brutal valor is displayed,
Breaks every stew, does each small whore invade,
But when great Love the onset does command,
Base recreant to thy prince, thou darst not stand.
Worst part of me, and henceforth hated most,
Through all the town a common fucking post,
On whom each whore relieves her tingling cunt
As hogs on gates do rub themselves and grunt,
Mayst thou to ravenous chancres be a prey,
Or in consuming weepings waste away;
May strangury and stone thy days attend;
Mayst thou never piss, who didst refuse to spend
When all my joys did on false thee depend.
And may ten thousand abler pricks agree
To do the wronged Corinna right for thee.

John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

Filthy: myrrh, guiacwood, scorched clove, black musk, pitch, and 13-year aged patchouli.

This was one of the Lupers I was most excited for, and it does not disappoint. A great woody, earthy scent. The aged patchouli really shines here, and blends wonderfully with the myrrh. It's not too musky, but it's there. A really well blended scent with great throw. On my first day wearing it, I got a compliment from a lab tech saying I smelled 'great, but different.' Definitely a keeper!

Edit: make that two separate compliments on the same day! What a blend. Edited by TijuanaBible

Gosh, this is wonderful. Dark and woody and underscored with black musk win.

I have a bit of an obsession with letting my BPAL age before I use it (especially if it has patchouli, musk or wood notes) but this one is too good to immediately stow away in a dark place. Only a little is needed for amazing throw and it lasts and lasts like woah.

Absolutely gorgeous. Smoky and sultry and... yeah. I'm hooked!!

Filthy, indeed. The Imperfect Enjoyment is thirsty as hell and totally unapologetic. The notes collide in shadows, with the pitch, black musk, guiacwood, myrrh, and adolescent patchouli setting the backdrop for the scorched clove. There are so many base notes that the bottom practically falls out! This is dark and deep and sexy, and although some people will find this too much, others will really be into its raw, patchouli-infused beauty. It smells like a post-coital clove cigarette. I just finished up my bottle of Schwarzer Mond, and this will fill the same black hole in my heart. :twisted:

This would probably do better with some aging, but I get very, very rich dark clove musk and patchouli that I originally misidentified as tobacco, probably because of the smoke. I was worried about the "scorched" bit but while there's some faint smoke it doesn't make the whole thing smell like a bonfire at all.

Like clove and base notes? Try this. It's like a less woody Smiling Spider.

It's very clovey at first but once it dries down I'm in love. It's a gorgeous myrrh patch with a pitch and clove undertone. I have a lot of myrrh and patch in my collection but I think this is unique enough to require a bottle. Feels like my beloved fetish.goth minus the latex.

The pitch is an ashy, charred, over the top, harsh woodsmoke scent, covered in black musk that's turning very baby powdery on my skin. Sort of like cigarette smoke and dirty as tray in the drydown, with a hint of baby powder and cheap men's cologne.

Edited by Little Bird

Starts out as Minty patch! That smokey earth smell that is actually pretty dense and good, with something light and chilly overlaying (might be the black musk!). Very heavy straight out of the gate.

Dries down to a powdery but slightly sweet myrrh. Almost like a raisin, date, or wine. I get the "balsamic". Faint and pleasant. Is this the note I remember from Athens?

Myrrh and patchouli waltzing on the glowing cinders of clove's smouldering corpse. Wonderful from the first moment, and the dry down is lingering and utterly divine. Need a bottle of this.

Sweet myrhh and patchouli. This one broke when I moved the couch and that area smelled quite lovely. Would be a great scent for an atmosphere spray, methinks! On my skin, the same, but the myrhh fades, and its mostly a smooth, sweet patch. It is very similar to Feed Me and Fill me with Pleasure and another sweet patch who's name escapes me to warrant a bottle. It is quite nice, though!

Oh god, Voodoo Queen is that you?

Honestly, this pretty much in the drydown is like a dirtier, more patchouli version of Voodoo Queen. I get smoky clove, touch of resin, and dark musk. It's darker and grittier than Voodoo Queen, and it doesn't have the same intense throw that Voodoo Queen does. But you know, in a pinch, this actually would work very well. Especially since there isn't that much VQ running around.

Sadly, this lasts maybe three hours on my skin, whereas VQ has longer staying power. At this point, its smelling like dark musk + patch blend, and less of the elements that made it very Voodoo Queen-ish. On the other hand, worth cellaring and busting this out in a year and seeing how this will smell. I bet it will age beautifully.

I think I have to be wary of myrrh in the future - I really wanted to love this, but this winds up way too sweet and powdery on my skin. It also has very little throw - I have to press my nose to my skin to smell anything. I was hoping for something a little smokier, I suppose. Oh, well. Will pass on this half-decant to someone who loves it!

I should mention that I tested this three separate times, and it was faint all three. And I barely get any clove. But it does remind me a lot of Old Demons of the First Class, so if you love this, get that (and vice-versa).

Edited by vthesiren

Decant: Dark Wood and Patchouli
Wet on Me: Clove, resin over the patch
Drying Down: oh this is love. the clove has settled down, the musk is doing it's powder-y thing in the background, the patchouli is not going all dirty hippie allover the place. This is just well blended love.
Dry: This is a keeper. To me this is perfect enjoyment!

The Imperfect Enjoyment has indeed aged beautifully, and I wish I had more than half a decant of it.  It reminds me a little of Blood Kiss.  Blood Kiss without the vanilla, cherries or honey.  There is a sweetness here, though.  I'm not sure where it's coming from, and it's very dark, but it's there.  It's a smoky, sexy, clove-infused patchouli and myrrh.  Gorgeous.  

This is like a lighter hyakki yagyo to me. Or i guess since this came first hyakki is like a really demonic in your face imperfect enjoyment. Idk what the difference is but hyakki throws like whoa on me, whereas imperfect enjoyment seems a little subtler and closer. Scent wise they are almost identical. Head shop, occult shop, gothy incense. I would have to death match to get an accurate measure of their differences