Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Volcano in Springtime

Whipped vanilla cream and white sandalwood with a touch of lotus root.

This is closer to Glowing Vulva than Blossoming Vulva is, but it's still not 'there'. I think there should be more 'wood' in there and it may be closer. This is quite sweet and creamy, lotus is dominating I suspect. It is very similar to Blossoming Vulva, that I'm not sure I can justify keeping both, but I will have to do a side by side comparison to be sure. This one is just lacking the orange element. This is isn't bad, but I got to admit, I was expecting great things, and she didn't well, erupt for me. Haha. Maybe I'll give her a chance to age a bit....

Straight up creamy vanilla with sandalwood

I really like it, the only complaint I can come up with is that I wish it projected a bit more but I guess that means I won't have to worry about over applying

Revisiting Lupers from last year. I tend to be cautious about cream accord as it can go quite bitter on me, but in the imp this smells like a sister to Glowing Vulva (as noted by the first poster). Wet on my skin, it definitely has a GV vibe...which is amazing. As it dries, the lotus comes out a bit more and I have a moment where I'm concerned that this is going to turn into bubblegum, but that fades quickly and it settles into this lovely soft vanilla haze. As it wears, the sandalwood asserts itself more and it really is reminiscent of a less spicy GV. I'm loving this and have no idea why I didn't order a bottle last year....

I swapped this away because I didn't get much of what anyone else was getting...it turned into generic white lotion that gives you the sniffles. Hardly any sweetness! Don't know what happened

This is not the rich and buttery dark woodsy vanilla I was hoping for - the vanilla is nice and not the overly sweet gack of the Single Note or Love's Philosophy, and the sandalwood holds it down nicely, but the lotus root dominates just a little too much, and I'm not sure if it's *supposed* to have that funky overture or if it's not playing nice with my skin.

Starts out quite promisingly with creamy vanilla and light sandalwood, but after it dries it's all powder on me. I think the lotus root is the culprit there.

In the Bottle:

Sweet vanilla and creamy sandalwood

On the Skin:

Gorgeous musky vanilla and sandalwood that isn't too dry. There is a slight bubblegummy sweetness which may be the lotus root.

On the Drydown:

This dries down to a fairly simple vanilla and sandalwood with the sandalwood becoming more prominent as the scent develops. Simple but rich and sweet. Delightful

In the Bottle: This smells like Forager's cashew milk vanilla yoghurt.

Wet: The sour but pleasant yoghurt smell I get from the bottle is absent and I'm just getting a light, sweet, floral vanilla.

Dry: A delicately floral vanilla. Skin close but with excellent sillage.

I cannot express how happy I am with this. White sandalwood normally goes bitter celery on my skin but I'm not getting any of that bitterness with this perfume. I don't know what lotus root is supposed to smell like as a perfume note but I do know it very well as a food, and what I am smelling is not like what I've eaten. There's a freshness to it, a light crispness that lotus root food has that I do find during the wet stage, but I don't know if that's my imagination assigning those qualities to the perfume because I know that lotus root is there. The best thing is that this fades into the same vanilla that I get from Vanilla Bean, Marshmallow, and Benzoin.

Edited by Tamarinda
Edited to remove unidentified random sentence fragment.

From my decant, this is a very smooth, creamy sandalwood.

I'm not getting any lotus root, and the whipped vanilla cream is a supporting player.

Very soft, snuggly, and warm.