Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
OctoberGwen

Under the Mosquito Netting

Lemon peel and white incense.

Sometimes the simpler blends can be really stunning, and I've been hoping for a lemon-based one because citrus notes always improve my mood. This is very, very pretty; especially when first applied. The lemon peel lifts and brightens while the incense note gives it depth - I'm not sure how Beth achieved the "white" quality with this incense but that is most definitely what it is. And it's not "lemon Pledge" at all, nor is it juicy, fleshy lemon; it's a bright hint of lemon zest.

There is a point about midway through the drydown when it threatens to go funky on my skin, but that hint of funk quickly dissipates and it's back to being light and pretty. The far drydown is a slightly spicy lemon peel. Really nice.

A very early-Springtime type of fragrance.

This is an earthy spring time scent. White incense to my nose=earth...but not dirt. The lemon is strong, but it is very clean smelling. Not like Lysol clean...but like you have wiped your counters down with fresh lemon juice and water. This is so light and unobtrusive. It will go well for the days I wish to wear something light and bright but not strong. :D

Loads of Incense (NOT Nag Champa...) but I don't smell lemon of any sort at all. Huh. Nice incense note though!

I do love this scent more than I anticipated. Goes to show that you never can predict a winner til you try them all ;)

The white incense note immediately releases pressure and makes my head all floaty and carefree. Light, woody, with a dry lemon citrus to brighten things up. Color/texture impression is golden tan smoke.

In the imp: Very distinctly incense and lemon peel.

And then: Once I apply, this smells like walking into the corner grocery store in the neighborhood where I lived for some years. The lemon part of that makes sense, because of course they sold lemons, as well as lemon cleaning products. They definitely didn’t sell incense, though they did put sawdust on the floors in winter to absorb melted snow, and maybe the smell of sawdust, blended with whatever cleaning products they used, mimics the incense used here.

I got a chance to sample this and wow it's just glorious. I get mostly the lemony citrus which smells almost limey to me. Best citrus since Whitechapel IMO.

The lemon note is very clear on first application, but it very quickly fades on my skin, and unfortunately in the early drydown the very lovely incense note is marred by a tart citrus-y funk for the overall impression of citronella candle. The funk stage doesn't last long and turns back into faintly lemony incense; it's not offensive, but not quite my thing either. Pity since the incense note itself is lovely on me.

In the decant: Oil is a light red color. I'm not particular with the note "white incense" in particular but the color leads me to wonder if there's a bit of dragon's blood in this. In the imp it kind of smells like it could be, at least partially, but it's not the floral type of dragon's blood that I smelled in Dragon's Boner. The lemon peel is not too strong, and is mostly just making the scent smell more sour or tart, bitter almost.

On my skin: This has a sort of "greenness" to it. This incense is not really like smelling a box of sticks. It's more like opening a jar of resin chunks and sniffing those, or walking into a shop that sells a lot of different kinds (I was in one recently so the scent is fairly fresh in my mind). This lemon peel is definitely not lemon candy or lemon cleaner. It is giving the scent a sort of clean or refreshing edge to it though that keeps the incense from being overly heavy.

Overall, this is okay, but it's not my favorite. The Contrast is still my favorite incensey scent from this update.

Lemon citrus and incense. On wet, you get more of the lemon. As it dries, the citrus recedes, and I get a dirty sort of incense smell with a very clean laundry edge.

Wet: dirty and awful and by god is an accurate bug spray in an outdoors tent smell so there's that.

Dry: OK a non-offensive lemony thing. I don't like the extra weird dirtyness the incense adds. I'm going to stick to Dorian for vaguely nice lemon.

This is another scent that becomes quite nice after about an hour. Unfortunately, the drydown phase is obnoxious on me -- something like lemon Pledge mixed with mosquito repellent. Now it's a gentler lemony incense, but I'm not going to go through the bug spray thing again. I'm super glad I got to try this, but I will pass it on to someone who can appreciate it more.

This one's very citrusy, but the incense keeps it from going full Lemon Pledge/bug spray. The incense note is lighter than I generally expect, which helps make it warm weather friendly along with balancing out the lemon peel. We've been having summer-like weather where I am, and I've found myself reaching for this scent quite a lot lately. As a bonus, it has great wear length on me -- I've been applying it in the early AM and can still smell it on my wrists 12+ hours later. Overall, this is a really nice, light, fresh citrus with some depth from the incense, perfect for spring/summer.