Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Agatha B. Android

Rendezvous at the Bath

Minted green tea and cucumber.

Rendezvous at the Bath smells exactly like the scent description, and I'm so happy with it!

It is a sophisticated green tea and cucumber scent that is fresh, soothing, and gently invigorating. I was also pleasantly surprised by its longevity because I generally have lower expectations in this regard to these kinds of light/ fresh scents.

In the bottle: The cucumber is the most prominent note. The minty green tea resides in the background. It smells nice and refreshing.

Wet: The cucumber note is still the strongest, but I get more of the minted green tea on my skin than I did in the bottle. It's like Squirting Cucumber and the green tea note in Shanghai had a baby, with some mint thrown in.

Dry: Cucumber continues to be the dominant note, and I'm getting less mint now than I did before. It's a clean, cucumber and green tea scent.

Verdict: I thought I would love this, but there's less mint in this than I would have liked. I enjoy it and will be keeping my bottle, as I think it would be great on hot summer days. However, if I had ordered decants instead of a blind bottle, I wouldn't have gotten a bottle, since I already own bottles of Squirting Cucumber and Shanghai.

In the bottle: This smells like a minted cucumber.

Wet: I'm getting exactly what is noted. Minted green tea and cucumber.

Dry: The mint is very light and the green tea and cucumber are more prominent. The cucumber is actually a little stronger than the green tea. It has a soap-like quality to it though. It reminds me of a cucumber soap I've had before from Bath and Body Works. I feel it is a very nice fresh spring like scent, but just not quite my thing.

i don't like mint or cucumber so i had very low expectations for this. i figured it'd be a Lick-It-y version of Squirting Cucumber.

instead, Green Tea Therapy from The Healing Garden, izzatchoo? it's all, like, 1994 up in here.

herbal, crisp, and very green - but no mint (which makes me queasy) or cucumber in sight. or, er, in nose.

maybe a little like a high-end shampoo, or a day spa. nonoffensive and clean.

also, i only know how to spell Rendezvous because of a Sheila E song, from back in 1984. :smilenod:

Edited by TrailerTrashPrincess

This is extremely potent chilly, crisp cucumber on me. No green tea in sight, alas. I second the reviews that say this smells like fancy Bath and Body Works / spa soap. I won't be upgrading to a bottle as it's basically a vaguely-minted cucumber SN on my skin, but it's nice.

It has very little staying power on me (which I expected) and very good throw (which I didn't).

I love this.

I have to agree with dementia in the fact this smells like Shanghai. But to me it's like if Shanghai and Embalming Fluid had a baby. The mint is barely present and the cucumber is just fresh and crisp. To my nose and on me it smells like a big glass of green tea with a squirt of lemon. Going to be so gorgeous for Summer.

After sniffing this, I had to go immediately dig up my imp of Squirting Cucumber to compare. This is sweeter and softer with the minty green tea, not the strong grassy greeneess of Squirting Cucumber. It reminds of Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea, which I adored as a fresh scent as a teenager.

I haven’t tried any of the Lab’s cucumber blends until now. This is simple, pretty, and just what the notes say: clean, refreshing cucumber and tea. The mint is not the bracing, tingly variety; I can’t feel it on my skin.

Rendezvous at the Bath doesn’t morph, and it lasts fairly well for such a light scent: It was still just detectable at the end of the day. I love Embalming Fluid, Shanghai, and Kumiho for hot weather, and this will be a wonderful addition to that lineup.

Lemony green tea and a watery, crisp, refreshingly green cucumber note. I want to drink this or bathe in it at a spa or both. I agree with reviews saying that Rendezvous is in the same family as Shanghai and Embalming Fluid. I don't really get any mint from this, but it does have a cool, crisp feel to it. I don't wear clean/tea/green type scents very often, but I'll keep my decant of this one.

I second Freya's comparison to Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea fragrance. That was actually the first thing that popped into my head upon 1st sniff. I can smell all 3 notes, but they are well blended. It's very fresh and clean and spa-ish. Sometimes bpal's cucumber note has a plasticky vibe on me at first, but this didn't. Very nice, but alas, like E.A.'s Green Tea, it's short lived on my skin.

Sex in a bottle. I'll also echo the Elizabeth Arden Green Tea reference but add in a little sweet cream. Even without the name and the label art, this conjures up in my mind a warm sudsy bath, a fluffy white robe, and multiple orgasms. One sniff out of the decant and I was placing an order. I'll be pairing this with the Post's Yakumo No Chigiri Bath Oil as well as A Fling in the Lagoon Bath Oil.

Edited by kscha2017

I like fresh, clean scents and figured this one would fit the bill. I'm getting aloe cucumber lotion, basically. It is definitely a 'clean' blend, but I have other bpals I enjoy more, GTV and Embalming Fluid are great fresh blends.

Blind Bottle Purchase.

I love BPAL's tea scents and the addition of cucumber makes it different from other bottles I already have.

IN THE BOTTLE:

Green, Herbal Cucumber Fresh. Crisp and Fresh!

WET:

Strong, Sudsy Clean Notes with a green tea base note

DRY:

BEAUTIFUL! Takes me to the spa with my feet up, soft music, water running, bubbles dancing.

NOTES:

Ahhahahhaa Gorgeous!

This is really beautiful! It has softened into a lovely, sweet fragrance that makes me feel fresh and clean even without a bath. I might be able to go a few days without showering if I keep applying this oil--it's just that fresh. Rendezvous at the Bath strikes a different note with the green tea / cucumber combo. It will be a great fragrance for the sultry, southern heat headed this way. I wish I had a backup bottle.

RATING:

:heart: 9.0

Edited by Jenjin

Green tea and cucumber. Cool and refreshing. This honestly would make an awesome hair gloss. Low throw and wear length on me though.

In the bottle : minty cucumber

Wet: crisp cucumber! it does have a slighty lotion vibe at first but I don't mind, the Spa comparaison is spot on ;);

Dry :Fresh mint tea + cucumber. Did I mention this is a really refresching scent? One does feel rather clean, it's perfect for summer! ^_____^

Simple and beautiful.
I'm not getting any mint, but there's definitely a coolness about this blend that could be attributed to mint. It's mostly green tea on me, but I can detect the watery cucumber, too. It's fresh, a little juicy, clean, and light green.

I agree with the comparisons to Elizabeth Arden Green Tea (one of my favorites back in high school), but Rendezvous is much softer. It's a lovely, close-to-the-skin scent, without the alcohol-based harshness of EA Green Tea.

I would LOVE Rendezvous as an atmosphere spray. Like so many others have said, it smells very spa-like and I think it would make a relaxing room scent, although I will definitely enjoy wearing the oil as well.

I get a cool cucumber and green tea. I guess the cucumber stands out the most on my skin and the mint is not at all astringent, it's gives off a refreshing/ cool vibe. Short wear length.

Edited by theredkilt

Just cucumber. That's it. Almost too much. No tea (not a surprise) or mint (which is). I might death-match this with Squirting Cucumber, although I think that's DC too now. Fades quickly.

There used to be a bar (sadly it closed) that, amongst other things, had cocktails made from various vodkas they infused. One was with cucumber vodka. I don't remember what else was in it, but sniffing this decant reminds me of that. Not the booze, but this is somewhat sweet from the mint and tea yet cool, with the cucumber smelling somewhere between aquatic and vegetal.

On my skin there's an almost "lemony" note that comes out right away but I think it's part of the green tea, I've smelled it before. Some green tea can have a floral taste and this is like that kind of green tea. Although not listed it smells like there might be some kind of floral in here like peony, but maybe that's also part of the tea. (That part of it reminds me of The Dormouse.)
On me this is somewhat like a variation of The Dormouse with the cool cucumber. Overall, I prefer The Dormouse, but this is a nice, light tea blend.

Exactly what it says on the tin: green tea and cucumber. I also agree with the comparisons to Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea, but this is MUCH softer and not acrid/synthetic smelling. Perfect for days when it's too unbearably hot outside to wear anything but the lightest of scents.

Cool, fresh green tea and mint, with just a hint of cucumber. Nothing synthetic or sharp about these green tea and mint notes, just fresh and slightly sweet greenness. It fades super fast on my skin, otherwise I'd be hunting down a full bottle. Will enjoy my decant in the meantime.