Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hexnut

Phallus Parade

Leather and black tea with champa blossom, incense, ambrette seed, and black truffle accord.

Blind tested on my left wrist.

In Vitro Rich and resinous, and somehow reminiscent of Destructive Vagina of the Fox Spirit despite lacking the cola/incense note.

Wet Still resinous, but joined by a floral note that came to predominate over the next six minutes.

Drying Aw, crud. Plastic, although thankfully faint. After a half hour I was getting some sweetness again, but it's now an hour and fifteen minutes after application and what remains is unremarkable sweetness with a hint of plastic.

I refuse to be discouraged because my other Shungas aren't at their best on my skin (nothing is!) and I have yet to test this on clothing or hair.

So... Am I the only one who thinks the art for this is hilarious?

Anywho, this is really nice and different from most things I've smelled. I get soft, smooth leather, spicey incense, and oddly - sassafras. It's not foodie though, more of a clean, musky skin scent. It's very well blended and has a lovely warmth while still managing to be light enough for spring and summer. I'd say it's unisex. Luverly!

Edited by VetchVesper

Phallus Parade has that amazing black tea note that I love! Wet, this smells like black tea and cola and leather, with a hint of the black truffle and incensy underpinnings. As it dries, the incense becomes stronger and it starts to smell a bit like an upscale nag champa incense that has a touch of leather, black tea, and truffle. It sounds odd, and it's a bit of an oddball perfume, but in the best way possible—it's a really unique combination of notes, and it somehow works. This is going in my husband's BPAL box (it smells oh so good on him), but I might borrow it every once in a while when I'm in the right mood.

This is an instant favorite for me. There's a powdery, slightly sweet cloud around it (the nag champa, I assume) with complex, earthy notes making me press my nose to my wrist. The herbal astringency of the tea balances the musky leather and truffle accords and the soft floral incense. This is yummy and gorgeously sexy!

Starting off Phallus Parade is leather with a dash of cola (is that the tea melding with something else?). As it dries the blend turns into powdery incense with a dash of sweetness from the champa blossom, and unfortunately a bit of plastic.

I'm hoping more aging will bring out the leather and tea more. Glad to have a partial but I think that'll do.

Rich and earthy incense. I definitely get incense, truffle, champa and leather. There's something that smells like aniseed/licorice. It's much more wearable than I was expecting. Decent wearlength, low throw.

starts off with black tea and ambrette seed, i think. it's a little fizzy and effervescent too. this black tea has that slight anise scent to it but it's not overpowering. i get the champa and black truffle in the background, not much leather is noticeable though. i am liking this one more than i thought i would.

Edited by theseagrows