Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
OctoberGwen

Embracing Komachi

Iris blossom, violet leaf, grey amber, soft white leather, a drop of coconut and a sliver of angelica seed.

Something about this combination isn't working with my skin chemistry. I get a sense of what the light-colored amber/coconut/leather should smell like, and it's beautiful, but on me there is also a very strong, almost chemical smell happening that is overpowering the scent.

I think I'm coming to the conclusion that the only type of coconut that works on me is the black variety, and the only leather I can wear is brown, since both black and white go chemical-y.

On me, this is like a leathery violet perfume. I'm actually not getting any of the coconut, which is fine by me.

The leather is a light, definitely white sort, and it doesn't have any of the new car smell that leathers can sometimes have on me.

Overall, it's a very pretty leathery floral, and feels rather different from other scents in my collection, so I might get a bottle.

Embracing Komachi is really lovely—violet/iris and grey amber and a drop of white leather and coconut on me. It's such a surprising and enjoyable take on violet, and really tough to describe! I'll take an unskilled stab: it's like an ambered violet, if that amber was dark. And then there's a smidge of leather and coconut, not enough for either to be prominent on the drydown (at least on my skin) but enough to change the texture. It's kind of hypnotic, actually!

This is very pretty on me at first; I just wish that I could get rid of the sharp, perfumey iris that dominates the drydown. The white leather and amber are soft, slightly powdery, almost buttery smelling on my skin initially. Suede-like. The violet and coconut come in sweetly floral and a little creamy. And then the iris pops up and takes over in the drydown, making the whole thing too floral and too sharp for me. Iris often smells like cheap, chemical-y white musk, and it's doing that to me here. Sharply perfumey.

this is a very pretty and romantic scent. i get mostly violet, amber and coconut which adds a bit of sweetness. the leather and angelica are subtle, in fact i wish i got more leather in this! but i really do like this. after being on my skin about 20 minutes its primarily violet, amber and coconut i think. it seems like a perfect spring scent.

White leather, coconut, and a touch of iris/violet. This smells like a very feminine delicate white leather blend. Like what you would imagine a Victorian lady's white gloves, the kind she wears when she's out visiting in town. Delicate, feminine, leather.

Goes on light and delicate. Fairly nondescript in the bottle, light sweet powdery floral when wet. Then all of a sudden i'm at work and i'm like holy hell do i smell licorice. At first i thought it was some remnants of something else on my sweatshirt, but NOPE. It's embracing.

Idk if it's maybe the combo of coconut and leather, or maybe the angelica, but this is perfectly blended to mimic a licoricey throw. I LOVE IT. It's like a musky licorice. I know angelica is musky so that must be why, and a sliver is DEF more than enough. As it dries the coconut becomes the tiniest bit more prominent and turns this all nutty and buttery. Omg this is so delicious