Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Haltija

Bunraku Theater

Beeswax and hay absolute with sweet hops, pumpkin rind, and tobacco.

This is definitely the same pumpkin/hay combination that I smell from my bottle of Pumpkin I from 2012 and I love it.

There is a tiny tiny hint of beeswax lending a creaminess with the tobacco and the other Autumnal notes. I don't detect any hops at all and that's just fine. This is very much a Autumn scent and I think I will put it away until then. It is very stunning and definitely unisex.

I am so unbelievably surprised by this gorgeous scent. Pumpkins often go too foody on me and seem to work better as room scents than perfume oils. Bunraku theater is so perfectly blended though, that it becomes a buttery, sweet, cozy scent that is perfection. I must be amping the tobacco, beeswax and hay. The pumpkin is there, but lends a smooth, near spiced edge to the scent. This is not foody on me, but does lean a tad creamy. Instant bottle buy :)

In the bottle: Rich, spicy pumpkin and beeswax!

Wet on my skin: Instantly, I'm struck by the GOLDEN feel of this scent. This is the most GOLDEN blend I've found from BPAL so far - but it's not pale gold. No, this is rich, autumnal gold with flickering candle light. PUMPKIN and beeswax with a bit of honey, tobacco smoke, and a bit of booze in the background.

Dry: Instant love. This is one of the strongest scent-colour associations (synaesthesia) I have had so far, and it's just gorgeous in both my nostrils and my brain. This could be a Weenie by how autumnal and golden it is! Pumpkin and beeswax forward, with tobacco smoke and beery hops, and just a touch of golden dust from the hay. The pumpkin-beeswax goes a little creamy, and reminds me of The Witches, but this is much fuller-bodied and spicier. Amazing, gorgeous scent. Loooove. This scent is evocative of flickering, golden-orange candlelight.

Wet: Rich, buttery pumpkin (but without the spices I usually associate with anything pumpkin). Quite sweet. The hay and beeswax mixed in make this so so unique, a little perfumey instead of straight up foodie, and pretty much just gorgeous. So far it's not morphing much. I am just getting hints of tobacco, which is exciting, since I love it so. These notes are amazing together, and it's so well blended.

Dry: Warm, golden, late summer fields - that's what this evokes. It's sweet and warm and lovely. Difficult to pick out individual notes. It's quite unique, feminine and delicate. I like it a lot, and am considering upgrading to a bottle.

Swoon! This scent is gorgeous! I will be buying a bottle and wearing it A LOT come fall - it is perfect for falling leaves and cozy sweaters. I mainly get sweet hops and tobacco from this on a pile of hay, the beeswax is very subtle, and the pumpkin rind seems less obviously pumpkin and more overall fallish. *runs off to add bottle to cart*

Soft beeswax, tobacco, and honey. This smells soft, smoky and pumpkin buttery warm. Low throw and wearlength.

This is a beautiful scent. It really is golden. This is the gently radiant warmth of a late summer sunset. The combo of beeswax, hay, pumpkin and tobacco is so rich and comforting, not at all foody.

For me a little goes a long way and there's plenty of throw. I'm generally a slatherer but I tested 2 little dots of this on my arm and I can smell it as I type. I'm glad I sprang for a bottle of this one!

With the pumpkin and beeswax, Bunraku Theatre feels more like a Weenie than a Shunga. This is pumpkin without the usual pie spices, though, wandering through a hay maze on a crystal clear autumn day with that chunky golden light you get when the sun is near the horizon. It's lovely, though the tobacco is amping a tiny bit more than I would like, which on the plus side gives it longer wear length and a bit of throw.

With all the fall/Weenie-stalking hype, I decided to wear Bunraku Theater to get me in the mood for changing seasons (despite being from the opposite season of Lupers :lol:)

Yummy! 

This beauty is a comforting beeswax & hay-heavy scent with lumps of pumpkin interwoven. The tobacco gives it more of a perfume-y tone, a kind of upscale cozy. Sometimes, tobacco really turn me off of a scent, it’s a perfect touch here (aging probably helps!). The hops brings something like a sliver of floral, making it seem more Luper appropriate than I first thought. Definitely works super well for fall cravings, though! Lasts longer than a lot of my scents, slowly fading to a final primarily-beeswax stage. I’m so snuggle-worthy right now. 

I am loving Bunraku, and can see myself reaching for it often when everyone gets even more pumpkin crazed. I’m pairing it with Eight-Maids-a-Milking HG next time.... :wub3: