Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Golden amber and bourbon vanilla with sweet oak, blue lotus, and tea blossom.

This ended up being very heavy on the blue lotus for me-the overall scent reminded me of Poor Monkey from the recent Yules (which sadly didn't work on me)-I know Poor Monkey had a different lotus in it and I was really hoping the blue lotus here would play nicer but for me, it ended up taking over this otherwise soft and pretty scent. I smell a little bit of the tea blossom as well and for me, it seems like the amber and vanilla just kind of helped blend it all together (I don't get a lot of amber or vanilla is what I'm trying to say here).

ooh this opens up so prettily. i get a buttery bourbon vanilla and tea blossom. the tea is just gorgeous. the tea gets stronger after being on the skin a couple minutes and i believe i get some lotus in the background. some oak and amber come through after awhile grounding things a bit, but primarily this is vanilla and tea on me, and the vanilla is not extremely foody but not extremely dry either. it's right in the middle but is one of the more "buttery" vanillas, i'd say.

Edited by theseagrows

This is beautiful!

I was a bit worried about the lotus, but I needn't have been. It's lovely and subdued in this, not "bubblegummy" at all.

This dries to a sweet, really creamy floral on me. If I didn't know better, I would think there was some sort of milk/cream note here, but it must just be a really creamy vanilla. So pretty and feminine. For once I am not amping the amber to high heaven, and I can smell the other notes.

Just lovely! So glad I got a blind bottle.

This one is an interesting morpher on me. I agree that in the bottle it is especially creamy or even buttery, which was worrying since dairy-type notes don't do well on my skin. Once on, it's a delicate floral with a bit of vanilla. Now that it's dry, I definitely get the oak and some amber, and I suppose the lotus? It has a sort of similar feel as pink pepper on me, sort of sweet with an underlying zing. I don't get tea at all, and I can't say I know what tea blossom smells like - perhaps it's much different than the tea note I'm familiar with.

It's very close to the skin, and may be one that needs reapplication? I put on a decent amount two hours ago and while I can smell it easily when I put my wrist to my nose, it's not throwing much beyond that. It might be just because it's winter and I'm super dry, though.

Overall, it's soft and pretty and kept from being sweet by the oak; really lovely! I'm pleased I sprung for a blind bottle.

I'm amping the sweet oak and bourbon vanilla most, but it's such a soft scent I don't mind. It is indeed very creamy and sweet - but not foodie. There's a bit of tea blossom mixed in there too and only a hint of lotus.

I do like this, and am very happy a friend gave me a sample to try, but my skin eats it so fast. Wouldn't be worth a bottle purchase, but I may try to track down a decant.

In the bottle: I definitely got that buttery quality. It's not dairy-ish to me (Giljagaur had a buttery-ness to the sheep's milk for me but this is totally different). It's slippery. the vanilla and tea blossom are what I detect the most here.

On wet: Everything starts coming out at different volumes, and there's a lot of scrambling to get into places. But I get a lot of amber and lotus in this stage.

Dry: dusty, sweet oak and warm amber create the base. The vanilla is buttery and is making this blend super smooth. The tea blossom is a soft tea scent, and the lotus is softly sweet.

Overall: The blue lotus is very different, and I absolutely love it. While it leans spring/summer I could also see myself wearing this in the winter as it's kind of snuggly.

Edited by roseus

Oh man. Oh man oh man. UNF.

*tries to calm self down*

On my skin Blossoming Vulva is sweet oak dominant, buttery and soft. I'm SO glad for this as oak is my favorite wood note and I don't see it enough in blends I can wear. The lotus is a little high pitched at first, but not nearly as screechy as it has been in other blends I've tried with it, and is quickly wrangled into submission by the oak into a bit of background sweetness. Tea blossom melds beautifully with the oak, providing it with a stronger background. Oddly enough, I get no hints of amber.

Age is just going to make this more glorious, and I'm going to have to get another bottle or two before this year's Lupers go down.

Edited by thatbrownelf

This feels like it has a cream note in it, which is probably a mixture of the vanilla and lotus, I would guess? It is a subtle and sweet floral with a background of amber. Not getting much of the oak, and I don't know what tea blossom smells like so I can't comment on that :)

It feels very spring-like and I would say it is in the same family as Mouse's Long and Sad Tale.

This is so, so soft. A blend of soft wood, soft vanilla, soft amber and soft florals. Subtle to the nth degree, and very delicate. Pleasant is the word that comes to mind for me. But its so gentle that my skin just devours it . A couple of hours after application it had skedattled, and left only a soft after smell on my wrist. A soft and pleasant lingering, but the full effect was gone.

I was really taken with this, when it was first on, but it is a fleeting thing. As insubstantial on me as a dream.

I agree, this is reminiscent of Mouse's Long & Sad Tale, but I like Mouse a bit more (and Mouse is a lot stronger and longer lasting on me). It's a light, bright, spring floral with a hint of buttery vanilla and a dark, slight warmth from the amber and oak. But all of the notes are very subtle. I wouldn't call this a vanilla or amber fragrance; it's definitely a clean smelling floral, first and foremost.

Delicate and pretty. I almost always love the Lab’s tea scents, and this is no exception. I would have sworn it was tea leaf and not tea blossom before I checked the notes.

The bourbon vanilla is light and airy. The amber is creamy and the oak is indeed sweet, but grounds the blend. It’s also lighter than the oak in most other BPALs I’ve tried. The lotus does not turn to bubblegum, which was my main fear with this blend.

Blossoming Vulva does smell more floral on my arms; the amber and vanilla are more dominant on the back of my hand.

I think it will really shine in warm weather, when I’m not wrapped in multiple layers. I’m glad I went for a blind bottle.

This was just mainly lotus on me - I didn't get a lot of the other stuff (it was there, but very subtle). Methinks lotus may not be too friendly to me. I am starting to notice a pattern...

I just adore this. It's like 2 perfumes in one. Wet and for about an hour or two, this is a subtly sweet pale (but not white!) floral with a warm background. Really girly and proper smelling! On the long term dry down this is all amber and oak, but tempered by the vanilla and lotus to keep it sweet as it gets richer. This smells really sophisticated to me, like something to wear to a high tea. It's really lovely, feminine, complex, and springy. It's really beautiful, and feels like a special occasion scent, although I've been wearing it to work nonstop! It does remind me a bit of Poor Monkey on steroids. If Poor Monkey is for curling up in clean sheets with a good book, Blossoming Vulva is it's cosmopolitan formal brunch cousin. This was my first (second? Haha) Vulva and it will not be my last. This was a blind bottle win! Love!

In the bottle: Creamy lotus and the Lab's white tea note are the most prominent notes to my nose. The oak and amber are present, but they are in the background, deepening the scent. This type of lotus is not bubblegum-y whatsoever, but it is a sweet floral.

Wet: Blue lotus and white tea reign, and the lotus continues to have a creamy feel to it thanks to the vanilla note. The amber is more prominent on my skin, but still light, and the oak note remains soft and non-cologne-y (which I had worried about). The combination of the lotus and tea notes almost give off a candy-like vibe... almost chewy-SweeTart like, but not quite?

Dry: This is really soft and stays close to the skin. The vanilla, lotus, and amber are the strongest notes during this stage. The tea blossom is still present, but not nearly as prominent as I was during the wet phase of the scent. I can smell the oak note more in the crook of my elbow than on my wrists, so it's present, but it doesn't have the sharp quality I've encountered with some other oak notes in the past, and for that, I'm glad.

Verdict: I'm so glad I bought a bottle of this one.

Edited by dementia_divine

I was a little wary of this one as I'm not a floral lover at all, but there is a gorgeous floral note in this which I assume is the blue lotus, with a very creamy background. So very pretty and soft. Main problem is it doesn't have a long wearlength at all, at least not on me, so when I wore it out last night I had reapply a number of times meaning my decant is already depleted. I may invest in a bottle though as it's a lovely snuggly scent, very suitable for everyday wear.

Instant win! :wub2:

Wet: I detect a bamboo, aquatic note (the lotus maybe?) the tea blossom is subtle but very lovely <3

Dry: Warm amber and creamy vanilla , plus a little bit of sweet oak :)

This is a close, very delicate spring like scent :wub3:

Edited by nolifeking

I'm terrified of cream notes because they tend to go a bit off on my skin, but this one manages to refrain!

The cream gives the vanilla a buttery edge, while the tea adds a little watery astringence to the scent. As the scent dries, the creamy/buttery vibe recedes sharply, leaving a very light and clean scent reminiscent of a soft floral tea. Very feminine and soft, low throw but decent lasting power.

The notes sound good, I was actually hoping for something like Glowing Vulva, but this is not really in that vein. Foody, warm, slightly fruity and kind of heavy. Reminds me mostly of Autumn Moon of the Mirror Stand. If the fruit/citrus wasn't there, I'd probably like this more. I may hang onto this, Venus Genetrix made a lovely turnaround for me, so I think I'll age this one a bit to see if things improve.

On me this smells like Tattered Lace is involved in a sex party. Sweet, slightly sticky, with a hint of florals. Not a fan. But it is very pretty.

Well, fuck a duck.

On wet, this smells almost like Jingo-Kogo dupe, sans orange. It's a creamy vanilla, with a bit of a citrus burst which I think is the tea blossom note, and a touch of oak. As it dries down more of the oak comes through, and I get a melty creamy vanilla on soft woods.

UNF.

Sexy spectacular and possibly the runaway surprise hit for me. I put this on and went, YAAAAAS, SLAY BPAL SLAY.

The dry down reminds me a TON of Mouse's Long and Sad Tale. Between the very very subtle floral notes to the warm, sweet wood and the amber/vanilla taking precedence, it's like Mouse's gentler, sweeter cousin.

I LOVE it.

Blind Bottle Purchase from the Lab--looking for a delicious lotus.

IN THE BOTTLE:

Creamy, sweet golden vanilla with a spicy, indigo flower.

WET:

Gorgeous buttery floral swimming in spiced vanilla tea. I can see violet blue sugary ribbons laced through ivory cream.

DRY:

Sexy, sweet lotus with a subtle warm, amber woody finish. Spicy, creamy floral goodness.

NOTES:

I also have Volcano in Springtime, and it gives me such pleasure to put these to bottles together on my little shelf. They seem like a couple to me. I would never, ever layer them, but they definitely seem like lovers.

This is dazzling and complex. I am obsessed with Blossoming Vulva, but have a long and intense love for creamy, floral scents and this vulva opens all the way open to show the divine!!!! Sink your face all the way down into this flower-it casts a spell overall who are within its' vapor.

RATING:

:heart: 9.8

Edited by Jenjin

Did not love at release time this year as the lotus was too forward for me.

More than 6 months in bottle later, it's creamy, resonant, smooth vanilla well expressed beginning to finish. Golden hints of amber and wood accompany after dry down. the lotus is forgotten after the wet stage. Elegant~ close to the skin. Sexy.

It's one I would wear. Slather: wear again. And miss if without.

I had gotten so many Lupers in 2016 and they were almost all successful so this one kinda fell to the wayside. I forgot how WONDERFUL it is!

It's a sweet vanilla'd cedar + tea blossom...I'm not sure if I specifically smell the lotus (as I'm a little unfamiliar) but it is probably adding the sweetness that isn't creamy (creamy sweetness = Vanilla).

Fruity and sweet when wet, joined by something sharp and astringent (tea blossom?) as it dries. The oak takes over slowly but surely. The scent turns sickly sweet later on, probably because of the lotus and amber, which tends to go that way on my skin. I don't like wood notes or sickly sweet smells, so this scent isn't for me!