Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

French lavender, red patchouli, saffron, dried wildflowers, agarwood, and oudh.

First, there's a big blast of lavender, grounded by oudh. The patchouli lays close to the skin and I can only tell that it is there by huffing my skin. Wildflowers are not noticeable but hang out with the patch.

As this dries, The Dream reminds me of The First Love Fades, Too, but that is only because of the lavender and oudh (or agarwood). It's not as sweet as First Love (because I had to test them side by side; my scent memory had these similar, but not really).. The patch, only for a moment, leans towards earthy, but is them absorbed into the whole. There must be a little vanilla (bourbon vanilla? tonka?) as it sweetens up, reminding me of Lush's Twilight or A Moment in Time.

Lavender and oudh on the drydown, wafting downy softness, like snuggling in bed with big pillows and fluffy blankets to chase the cold away, and drifting off to sleep on a lilac-colored cloud.

When it's immediately on the skin it's all lavender all the time and I get nothing else for about 20 minutes or so. Then I get something woody, but not quite earthy and I am guessing that's probably the agarwood, I can't really tell. No patchouli is detected, even after a hour and neither is the saffron. It's quite unisex on me and almost on the line of masculine.

The wildflowers are incredibly soft, not sugary wildflowers like I had hoped. But they are definitely in the "Spring" family of florals. I like this but it's not a favorite of the bottles I ordered. I am hoping aging will make it shine brighter.

Edited by Haltija

In the imp: Primarily lavender, complicated by the faintest whiff of other florals. It has a dry, woodsy feeling, like a living lavender plant - both the flowers and the woody stems.

Wet: Lavender, but lavender like I've never smelled it before. It's now balanced by something incredibly difficult to describe - the closest I can come is a woodsy-floral-hollow-herbal scent. ...And then, several minutes in, a whiff of what I could swear is the vanilla/bourbon vanilla/tonka that samarablackcat described. I could definitely see this as a spring scent, but it's neither a light, feminine floral nor a cheerful, juicy citrus. It's entirely itself, and I have no idea how to describe it. It reminds me of harp music.

Dry: From afar, I get whiffs of soft, flowery lavender. Up close, it's a woody-floral-herbal scent, leaning more and more towards the woods as time goes on. Eventually (after about eight hours) it's a soft, mellow, woodsy scent, rounded out by the barest breath of lavender and what I still swear is tonka.

My skin chemistry went NUTS with this combination of notes, and I love it! Ineffable woodsy-florals for bright spring days, and warm, cuddly woods for cool nights.

In the bottle this is knock you down lavender with some woody/resinous stuff going on adding weight. I don't hate lavender, but I don't love it either, so the first sniff was a bit intimidating.

Once I put The Dream on though, the lavender quickly recedes and is replaced by the now very strong woody/resinous smell. I'm not sure if this is the agarwood by itself or mixing with the red patch., but what I get is something in between sandalwood and cedar wood, dry, woody, and a bit sharp. It's not bad, but more masculine than I was expecting. The Dream continues to calm down, becoming more gender neutral, and the wood becomes less harsh. I'm still working on my oude detection but I think that is what's coming out, along with the saffron, making this warm, smoother and sort of golden smelling.

I'm not familiar with the lab's "wildflower" note, but this doesn't strike me at all as a floral. It sort of reminds me of a less masculine All That I Possess, so if you were a fan of that, you might try this. You might also want to check this out if all the floral, fruity, and candy fragrances aren't your thing. Very nice and will probably age well. I'm being super picky with bottle purchases, but I'm considering this.

In the bottle: This is a beautiful lavender!

Wet: The lavender is strong, but the other notes are right behind it. Though they are really well blended and I can't pick them out individually.

Dry: This is so beautiful. And beautifully blended. Lavender still reigns, but this is oh so sexy. I love it. I don't even know how to quite describe this. All I can really say is that these notes really compliment each other and especially compliment the lavender.

Love it!

This is very pretty. It's a perfume-y lavender (I think because of the patchouli as a base note) supported by the wood. The saffron and wildflowers just kind of merge with the lavender without asserting themselves. It reads as almost lavender single note for a while, although a sweet, perfume-y lavender and not a medicinal lavender like sniffing a bottle of essential oil.

It goes powdery on me within an hour, which I don't mind too much, but it doesn't seem to last very long. I put it on before bed, and when I woke up 7 hours later there was no trace of it.

Who would have thought lavender and patchouli would go together? It is the milder, smoother patch, which probably helps. Lavender is the main player here, and then the patch. Not getting much else. I'm really digging a few of the lupers this year. Need more fundage!!

The Dream is indeed like a kissing cousin to First Love Fades Too atmo on wet. Lavender, oudh, agarwood. Except on my skin I get a fair bit of patchouli grounding the entire scent. And the saffron comes out to play in the drydown making this a less lavender-centric blend, and less like First Love Fades too. The combination of light lavender + patchouli gives it a powdery dimension to my nose.

Decent throw, and decent wear length.

starts off with lavender and a hint of wood...also, aren't agarwood and oudh the same thing? :think: anyway, i think i get a bit of the wildflowers too but the strongest note is definitely lavender. after about 5 minutes on the skin, i think i'm getting mostly the lavender, oudh and saffron. a nice woody lavender. this is a really relaxing scent and leans a bit unisex/traditionally masculine, i'd say.

Decant: Lavender and the dried wildflowers
Wet on me: more lavender now and way way way in the background is the tease of the patchouli
Drying Down: more patchouli now but the lavender keeps it from going complete dirty hippie.
Dry: this dried down GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! this soft lavender/patch that is just dreamy. Keeper!

Truly luscious, especially on drydown. That soft lavender and patchouli are a match made in heaven. I also love the spicy quality of the saffron -- most notable about half an hour in.

If you are familiar with Guerlain's Jicky, this has a similar effect when dry.