Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Vanilla chiffon, honey musk, and pale magnolia.

Oh. My. God. This is the swooniest scent that ever did make me swoon! It's just so pretty! Pretty pretty prettiness in a pretty bottle, I didn't think it was possible to outpretty the likes of Snow White, but I think The Bride may have done it! I honestly had no idea what magnolia smelled like, but I blind bottled it because I figured you could plug just about any floral into this formula and it would be lovely. And boy howdy is it ever! The vanilla is some of the best I've ever come across, and it blends gorgeously with the sweet honey musk and that lovely blooming white floral note (I guess magnolia is a win) . It's beautiful, soft, sweet, and utterly feminine in the vein of Comparison of Celebrated Beauties, Lady Una and Snow White. Freaking GLORIOUS! And pretty!

Very feminine and pretty!

A sweet vanilla floral. I find this very light and ethereal; often vanilla notes can have a heaviness or creaminess about them, but this is a very light, gentle scent.The pale vanilla + musk combination reminds me a little of Edith Cushing, but the magnolia gives it a very different overall character, especially since I find that the most prominent note. I like this, but don't love it, but I tend to go for scents that are a little sweeter/brighter in general.

Low throw, but decent lasting power.

The Bride is a heady vanilla-ed magnolia and honey musk blend. It's beautiful floral musk. I can see why people really really dig this.

DIVINE. :wub3: :wub2: :wub2: The Bride is indeed very lovely! The honey musk and the vanilla hold together the magnolia, creating this absolutly delicate, ethereal scents :wub2: I fell so feminine while wearing it.. got me many compliments as well :)

Had to order a second bottle teehehhe :wub:

All of the reviews here piqued my interest, so I got a bottle of this. Along with Fleurette's Purple Snails, it's one of my favorite perfumes ever. The vanilla and honey aren't distinguishable as individual notes on me--rather, they just emphasize and amp up the magnolia, which is a sweet,soft, and very slightly sugary flower. I've ordered a second bottle, as I think I'll be wearing this a lot.

this is very soft. i think i get mostly honey and some hints of vanilla and magnolia at first. then the magnolia blooms more, along with the vanilla. i like this but i think i'm amping the magnolia a bit. it gets pretty strong and gives me a slight headache, even though i like the scent itself. thankfully, more vanilla takes over and the magnolia calms down a bit. it turns to a beautiful vanilla with magnolia on the drydown. a very pretty spring scent.

It's the base of Attrocious Attic to me, without the rosiness. I get the comparison to Antique Lace also. There was an awful moment at the beginning where it smelled on skin likeold vase water, but it quickly dissipated. I think I like it.

Blind Bottle purchase on a quest for the perfect Magnolia.

IN THE BOTTLE:

Spun white honey, the lightest vanilla whips, and perfect, sighing Magnolia.

WET:

Puffs of vanilla chiffon floating over peaks of silvery, white honey while the Magnolia sings. This is winning!!

DRY:

Magnolia face smash. The sweetness has subsided and left a large, perfect flower.

NOTES:

The Bride is lifting her dress. Gazing beneath the layered gossamer, the waxy, white pedals fall all around me.

I have sunk my face into actual Magnolia blossoms and wished that I could always smell them. That I could roll in them. That I could shove them into every crevice of my body and make them part of me. The Bride has granted my wish. It is probably one of the most beautiful things I have ever smelled. My number one BPAL right now. So many times florals go too sweet, of bitter or plasticy, yet in this instance, they are stable and perfect.

One backup bottle-looking for more.

RATING:

:wub2: 10+

Edited by Jenjin

Sigh, I had big hopes for this one judging by the reviews, but this one is pretty much SN Magnolia on me. Yes, it is creamy, but I'm just not getting the fluffy vanilla clouds and sweet honey musk that I was hoping for. I'll keep it for awhile to see if age helps, but for now it is a 'no'.

My God, this is beautiful. I bought it (surprise surprise) blindly because of the notes alone and yet again, the gamble paid off. This is heady magnolia, sweetened by an almost sugary vanilla (the "chiffon" aspect, I suppose) and like so many others have noted, it's absolutely gorgeous. I can't stop sniffing my wrist and I just want to BATHE in it, but I won't because I only have one bottle and I'll be devastated once it's gone, so I'll have to ration it out!! Easily in my Top 10, and I'm saying that after wearing it only once - that's how strongly I feel about it.

♔ The Bride

In the Bottle: Creamy green, tropical white floral

Wet: I got this blind bottled direct from the lab because I knew I’d love this. On wet, this is almost all fragrant, tropical fruit smelling white floral. It’s plush and thick but not at all cloying or heavy. Instantly, the vanilla begins blossoming a most beautiful and regal waft. It’s almost velvety sweet and creamy, most likely the vanilla chiffon at work. They honey musk on me is faint, but it’s a beautiful floral honey musk reminiscent of the one in Lady Una.

Drydown: They are blended so well that I feel the honey musk lends to the sweetness of the flower’s profile while the vanilla emphasises its creaminess. I want to say that the magnolia is the star and highlight of the show, but the honey-like sweetness and vanillic creaminess make this apparent that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. It is not as strongly honeyed as other honeyed florals, like Tissue or Adante Con Fantasia- and rather than drenched in honey, it’s only flecked with it. It is also not as vanillic and candied as other vanillic florals, like Lady in Pink Speckled Kimono, nor as creamy as other creamy sweet florals, like Reflected Vulva. It’s beautiful, fresh, bright, luscious, simple, refined and elegant… a very pure scent.

TL;DR: Velvety, white tropical magnolia petals, flecked with floral honey.

Edited by celestia

The Bride is absolutely stunning, and I'm so fortunate to have been frimped this by an incredibly generous seller. These sugary pale florals (I have Reflected Vulva on the other wrist) aren't really "me," but they're so gorgeous. And how Beth makes them both ethereal and lasting is beyond me. Honey musk is a glorious thing, as is vanilla chiffon, and they back up the magnolia so lushly. Off to just smell my wrists and swoon.

The Bride stands before you, gloriously innocent and pure among the blooming magnolia trees. You catch a bit of vanilla from her breath, probably “testing” the cake earlier in the day. You smile lovingly at your precious woman. In the heat of the afternoon, you notice a drip of sweat trickle slowly down her neck. Curving past her collarbone, it advances down her chest. Now you are sweating. Innocence is a thought of the past. You ache to draw her near and taste her vanilla-scented mouth, smell her satin skin, damp in the sunlight. The wind sweeps through the trees and white petals flutter around....

Yeah. For such a pretty blend, The Bride hints of more carnal delights, but only slightly. I feel super girly wearing this scent, but also feel like I have a secret sexy agenda that glints in my eyes. I love it! 

Doesn’t last too long on my skin, but some on my shirt collar has been gifting me with luscious scent tendrils long after. 

Edited by artisjok

I adore magnolia, so I knew I had to get this when I had the chance.

Wet: It starts out as a sweet, powdery floral with just a hint of green. The honey, musk, and magnolia must be combining to give the impression of wisteria and honeysuckle, along with the magnolia. It's definitely much more complex than just magnolia to my nose. 

Drydown: Sweet vanilla joins the magnolia. About an hour after applying, I swear I get non spicy carnation. This might be the honey? I don't really get any musk. It ends up being a sweet vanilla and magnolia/carnation (honey?) fragrance. It sounds so simple, but this is beautiful. I LOVE it! It's not heavy or cloying at all despite the sweet notes. I would definitely describe this as ethereal. Stunning from start to finish. I'm so beyond happy that I was able to get my hands on this!

5 out of 5 stars.

This is a lush, sweet floral in the bottle. Like Dancing Raven, to my nose I get honeysuckle as well (maybe it's a component of the honey musk?) 

On my skin, the honey amps - but it's thankfully held in check by everything else. Beautifully blended. It's rather strong, I only need a light dab of it. I think it's my favourite magnolia blend to date. It's a sugary, fun magnolia party. 

This scent screams spring floral to me, so I'll be putting it away for a month or two (it's middle of winter now, and it feels blasphemous to be wearing now haha).