Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Black poppy, rose-infused myrrh, and patchouli leaves steeped in indigo wine.

In The Bottle: HELLO, ROSE AND INDIGO WINE. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!?!?

Wet On Skin: Seriously? Whoa. Sweet wine touched by the rare, odd indigo note, which gives it a slight tang, and the red, red rose hanging in the back is actually, strangely, making my mouth :water: slightly.

Dry Down: This is just...gorgeous. It's basically become the kyphi incense of my dreams- wine and dried fruit and incense all combined to make something sweet without being food and luscious...and luxurious...and sacred...and...just so...beautiful.

In All: If you are a fan of wine scents or incense scents (or, like me- both!) then you not only need a bottle of this, but you might need a back up.

It's. That. Good.

In the bottle: Heady, juicy wine and a little rose.

Wet on my skin: For just a minute, this smells like jelly on my skin, but THEN...omg. As it settles into my skin, it blooms into this gorgeous, rich, heady wine-rose-incense.

Dry: This is a perfect scent. Just absolutely perfect, at least if you like wine and roses. I was hoping this wouldn't be too similar to my other wine blends, but I HAD to get it because I knew these notes would be to die for. I WAS RIGHT. This is an incredibly well-blended scent that dries down to dark rose-wine and juicy black poppy, with myrrh glittering about on the edges of each sniff. I can pick out a light, velvety sort of patchouli if I inhale deeply. This is a black and burgundy scent, but not heavy and thick like velvet. No, this is black and burgundy silk, exquisitely smooth and light, yet somehow still warm and luxurious.

Temple incense! Yes, this is like temple incense. And wine, and flowers. Unghhh. I might require a backup of this.

Chinoiserie is wine and roses on me, with myrrh and patchouli supporting and a tang of poppy. As mentioned above, it does smell a bit like a well-executed, smokeless kyphi. Wine isn't always a great note on me, but the rose and patch really make this wearable. This is very smooth—reds and purples and blacks swirled together. Very nice, and I recommend it to Blood Rose fans!

Gorgeous after 15 minutes on my skin. Poppy, patchouli and a dark red wine...this could easily have fit into the Our Lady of Pain update from a few years ago. Classy, hot and makes my nose really happy.

Dark red wine, roses and a touch of myrrh and poppy. This one is a deeply sensuous red wine. The roses, myrrh, and poppy prevent it from just smelling like red wine. Decent throw, low wearlength though.

Red wine, deep, brooding.

i had worries about this one, but rose and wine scents always call to me no matter what! when first applied i get a sour wine scent and something really odd, maybe it's the poppy, which can sometimes go awry with my skin chemistry. it's hard to describe but it kind of has a...rotting sort of thing going on. right after that i get some soapy rose-myrrh. oh my skin is just not loving this one so far, but i have high hopes anyhow. after about 20 minutes, it does improve but still isn't working as well as other wine scents have for me.i t's mostly rose, myrrh and wine, thankfully, i think the poppy burned off. however this rose is just a bit sharp for me.

Revisited my decant after several months. I almost loved Chinoiserie then, but it was a little harsh on me. I'm now ready to name what's not working on my skin: the patchouli leaves are just too bold for me. The rose, myrrh, and wine are gorgeous (I can't identity indigo's scent,) and the patchouli leaves are of the gnarly persuasion. I think I may amp "gnarly," because many patchouli blends wirk well on me.

Too bad for me, because I like how the rest of thenotes play together.

Decant: incense-y, resin-y wine
Wet on Me: oh that glorious wine with now faint traces of patch. by the gods my skin loves Beth';s patchouli notes
Drying Down: oh dear. i'm getting a soap-y rose air freshener note in the background. the wine and poppy and patchouli kind of remind me of a head shop back in San Jose - Paragon Imports, but this soap-y rose.......
Dry: oh hell. it went to rose and amped the eff all over every other note in this scent gotta put it in get rid of bag.

On me, this is a wine spill with a pinch of poppy from start to finish. It makes me think more of wino than wine itself. Rather intense and long-lasting - hard to wash off too.