Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A honeyed lilac fougere with a drop of lime.

Another epic win for me from the Purple Snails collection! :D

I've had this bottle a week now, and after settling, it's become a little more complex - initially it was aaaaaall honey, and the best sort of honey there is, very similar to my coveted Pussy Moth (first comment on trying it, "Damn, this smells like pussy!", followed by much immature sniggering :laugh: ), and also quite close to White Bees Swarming, minus the frostiness of the latter. Now it's settled though, I didn't think this would be possible but it's actually even frickin' better. EVEN FRICKIN' BETTER!! :eek: It has become a fougere now, there's a clean elegance to the honey, and just the teeniest smidge of lime - I would never say lime without seeing the notes, it's so subtle, but it just adds a hint of citrusy coolness to that gorgeous soft honey. For a fougere, I would still say this is 90% feminine, as a scent, it's not particularly gender neutral, but damn, is it gorgeous.

As it dries down on me, the lime does become more prominent, but the honey is still centre-stage. At this point it edges a little closer to gender neutral, that citrusy cleanness coming out more. In the main though, it stays fairly true - softest, softest honey, snuggly and light and beautiful, that same cloud of angelic, radiant honey that floats around me when I wear White Bees in my extensions :wub3: .

In short, if you appreciate a bit of Pussy ;) or you adore White Bees Swarming, you need dis scent!! :biggrin:

Ungh, this is just beautiful.

It's a golden haze of warm honey and musk. This reminds me ever so slightly of the musk in Lady Una which is one of my favorites. Every note in this is just perfectly blended. Just judging by the notes at first, I thought this might be a bit on the masculine side, but I was wrong. It is soft and just radiating warmth and sweetness. I am currently wearing this layered on top of A Mirror of Spring Pleasures on Kites (which is superb btw), but I can see this going well with anything. Love this one!

Hot damn, this is a winner on me.

I bought it because I anticipated it to be a cousin to Dorian and though it kinda is, it's also radically different.

The honey note is absolutely spot-on. So is the lime. I'm not getting too much lilac, to be honest. It is mainly a honey-lime musk that is sweet and enticing, as well as being very fresh and easy to wear. The main thing I'm excited about is how perfect the honey note is. I love honey perfumes and this one is very accurate. So much so, that I keep re-applying because I really cannot get enough.

Stunning!

I do not like honey/beeswax type notes...they never smell good on me, but I read Lilac fougere with lime and had to try it and hoped the honey would be in the background. Well, nope. This is all about the honey, so much that I never end up smelling lilac or lime, just a hint of fougere. That said, after an hour on my skin it smells pretty nice! I was going to sell my decant but now I'm having second thoughts. Honey haters? This may work for you...just sayin'. :-)

Lilac always smells honeyed and sweet to me on its own. Adante con Fantasia is like a fuzzy, warm, honeyed-vanilla sweetness with a floral edge and a hint of lime. A soft, sweet, floral-y honey musk.

You know, I love this but is just not as strong as I preconceived. Its much smoother and more honeyed than I thought it may be. The lime note isn't as sharp as I thought. I may sound pouty about it but whateves..its still lovely. This will make a wonderful summertime scent.

Adante con Fantasia is very light and pretty. On my skin, it's as if the lilac fougere was dipped in honey. The fougere is gorgeous (and the lilac touch is just perfect here). I get no real lime to speak of, just a brightness that I attribute to the citrus note.

This would be great layered with The White Bees Swarming, Honey, or Dorian hair glosses.

I am always excited to see "fougere" without "tea" or "lavender" and so I blind purchased.

This opened up as a nice herbal honey (as opposed to the sticky dirty kind) supported by lilac at the edges and topped of with fizzy lime. It starts out soooooooooo beautiful I can't even. An interestingly it really sang to me like a musical composition at this point. As pointed out above even though it's a "fougere" it reads quite femme and while I know all manner of boys would be able to pull this off quite nicely, they should be ready for that.

Unfortunately it dries down to straight honey. It's a nice honey, and I don't have a honey scent right now so it's still a definite keeper, but oooooohhhhhhh I really liked it wet....

Tzi

Edited by tziporra

I started here as a straight up Honey Girl but my tastes have morphed a lot over the year. Still, if the other notes intrigue me, honey is always a plus.

Lime and lilac are also big attractors, so this was a bottle purchase, a rarity for me because so few scents work on me.

The honey is very strong, the lilac almost as, and the lime is, sadly, a bit overpowered.

But even with that disappointment, this is beautiful. It's what I imagine heaven smelling like.

Wow. Pure love. I want to live in this scent.

Edited by tarotgirl

Lilacs are one of my favourite flowers, I adore honeyed/sugary florals, and lime is one of the few citrus notes I can wear - I HAD to try this!

Wet: Lovely honey, slightly green lilacs (reminds me of the lilac note in The Lilac Wood) and a hint of sharp (but not bitter) lime. It's SOO nice.

Dry: A gorgeous sugary floral (which I love!). I may need a bottle, but I'll have to death match it against some of my other lilac blends. This is pretty much all lilac (which has lost all its green edge) and honey on me, after it dries down, the lime is gone, It's really beautiful though, I can see wearing it on a hot summer day.

ETA 8/18/16 - So, I am an idiot. I decided I have enough lilac scents, and didn't get a bottle of this. I even got rid of my decant. And regretted it when I realized none of the lilac scents I had were as awesome as this one. So I had to track down a bottle, and am now hoping this lives up to my memory!

Aaand, it does. The lilac is a bit sharp and green in the beginning, especially with the lime. But it quickly dries into this beautiful honey lilac scent that is to die for. So glad I didn't just forget about it and that I tracked some down!

Edited by LizziesLuck

I took a gamble on this one since citrus tends to ruin blends on my skin, but I LURVS me some lilac and fougeres, so...

Initially I get a sharp, acidic blast that I immediately recognize as the lime turning the blend to pine sol yet again. Luckily though within a few minutes the honey and lilac strong-arm the lime into submission, but it's still thrashing and vying for my nose's attention. When the lime was more of drop as described, and not the firehose to my nose it's trying to be, was a quite lovely honeyed woodsy lilac with a zing! of freshness. Since my bottle is lab fresh I hope some aging will calm the lime down some.

I was curious about this one, because I love the idea of a lilac fougere, but honey can go wonky on me (same with lime). So I took a chance!

And sadly I don't think it's really for me.

This is like a slightly masculine kind of honey scent (there is that wonky honey!) with a bit of lime in the background. It is certainly different from anything I have smelled before, but ultimately I think I will never wear it.

I love fougeres so I was curious about this one. In the imp, it was mostly honey but it had a nice freshness to it. But my skin tends to amp honey, and sure enough, once it dried down it was pretty much all honey all the time, with none of the fougere. :(

Sweet honey and lilac musk. I have definitely amped up the honey in this. Almost no lime. It's sweeter than I expected. Decent throw and decent wear length.

right off i smell a hay-like honey, kind of like the honey in O which didn't work for me, but thankfully that hay thing fades and some lilac comes in but it's not a super strong lilac, it's perfectly balanced with the honey and it's divine. i would love this in a shampoo or shower gel too. i do get a slight brightness in the background which must be the drop of lime? but it doesn't smell overly citrussy at all, it's truly just a hint that i probably wouldn't have detected if i hadn't known. i really like this one a lot and am happy to add it to the small collection of lilac scents that i can wear. beautiful and springy....i may need a bottle of this.

Edited by theseagrows

Blind bottle purchase from the Dirty South Lunacy Event

IN THE BOTTLE:

Sweet, tangy purple cream.

WET:

Bright, squirting lime and light honey crushed into earthy lilac blossoms. The fougère tampers the lilac in a lovely way-I can detect a sexy lavender-vanilla background that adds opulence and depth.

DRY:

Glowing honey amps with a perfect mixture of lime zest and lilac dust.

NOTES:

If you find a fairy, she will smell like Adante. It is fantasy based and magical. I was expecting it to be sweeter from the honey, but the fougère adds a grounded, man-sex note that turns-me-on and keeps it from going powdery. I get whiffs of purple notes, sticky honey and crushed forest. I see the unicorn.

RATING:

:heart: 9

Edited by Jenjin

The staying power of this blend on me is phenomenal; I normally eat oils right up, and this blend sticks to me for up to six hrs, which is nigh impossible. Also, for such a simple description, its a complex and multidimensional blend; I feel like walking sex when slathered in this oil.

On me this is a fougere being almost completely drowned out by a dramatic honey

I'm sure a lot of people love this

Unfortunately for me, bpal's honey does not work well on my skin, it goes sweaty...

So basically, thanks to my skin chemistry, this scent smells like a sweetened locker-room with hint of fougere

I will let it age as honey can become more wearable for me with age...I hope this will be the case

Edited by Spaztic

In the imp: Honey! Thick and sticky honey at first sniff, with some bitter lime as a close second. It's nice, the bitterness cuts the sweetness of the honey.

On: Thick honey, almost verging into Play Doh-territory, but the lime quickly swoopes in to save the day! I don't really get any lilac, which I'm not sure if I like or not. This is a much heavier and stronger scent than I imagined it. I thought it would be like White Rabbit (bright lime green and sunny springtime) but sadly it isn't.

The lime gives up rather quickly, after about 5 minutes the only thing I smell is honey and vanilla. This sure has staying power though! To me this smells a lot like Capax Infiniti (without the lavender) or A Wonderful Light (but without the oranges). It's neat but nothing spectacular on me.

This is almost flourmand, however the lilac is so light it would maybe be more appropriate to just say it is a honey scent. The honey is pretty, not dank or thick. More lightly floral honey. I do pick up lime and the fougere, but so very soft. Its as if someone took Go To Sleep Darlings and bathed it in Honey. I have been huffing my wrist for thirty minutes trying to decide if I like it. Its somehow comforting, somehow light, but, not what I had imagined so mainly readjusting my expectations.

This kind of reminds me of a honeyed version of Villain, but with lilac fougere instead of a lavender variety. It's lilac fougere with a twist of lime that becomes more honeyed with wear. It's more honeyed fougere than honeyed lilac or lime. I think it smells nice, but it did go through a phase that made me sneeze, so the decant isn't a keeper for me. But I liked the end result and think fougere lovers should try this.

On me Adante con Fantasia is all about the honey.  Thick, golden honey, gobbets of it.  There's a tiny kick of lime and a floaty lilac fougere that just can't hold its own with the way my skin is amping the honey.  Like many BPAL honey scents, this one has great staying power on me.