Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
LizziesLuck

Thrice-Plowed Field

Mod Note: review is of perfume oil. Atmo notes are: Hay absolute, honey, oats, and patchouli.

I was lucky enough to score an imp of this oil with my Goblin Grab Barrel purchase!

In the Imp: Honey, and something a little bit 'clean'

Wet: Honey and dried grasses. Lovely! Very light, sweet, and fresh. Still has that 'clean' vibe, without being soapy. I'm only getting very faint whiffs of the patchouli.

Dry: Very light. Still smells quite clean, which I did not expect, based on the listed notes. It's really lovely, with the honey being the dominant note. This reminds me of the honey note that is in 'Door' which I really loved. It's light, very realistic, not overly sweet or cloying. I can pick out hints of grasses. This would be an amazing summer fragrance, and if the Lab or Post were selling bottles of it, I would buy one. One of my favourite honey blends I have tried to date. Beautiful, outdoorsy, fresh, feminine and clean. Really glad I got to try this! I will cherish my imp.

Man, Puddin' and the goblins really have a way with those field-like scents, huh? First the masterpiece that is The Gourd of Deprivation, and now this! But where The Gourd is dense, spicy, and rich, this is light and mellow. I just gave it a little spritz for the first time last night, and the main impression I got was a light, delicious honey with something creamy in the background, possibly the oats. It's sweet but not too sweet, wafts around the room pleasantly, and strikes me as a happy, comforting scent that's good for all seasons. I hope this makes it to a major release at some point. I would certainly buy a bottle and spray it on everything.

ETA: I gave it a bigger spritz today, and I can definitely smell that drier, grassy note in balance with the honey. This is lovely!

Edited by oneiromantics

I got an imp of this - with a cute little handwritten label!! - from the post along with a 2016 Yule order.

Oh MAN, can y'all please release this one for reals? It's delicious. It's very creamy and sweet and fresh. I can't pick the patch out, but I think it's helping round this scent out and keeping it from being too sweet and simple. It reminds me a bit of an old favorite Bath and Body Works scent, Rice Flower and Shea - it has that same creamy, comforting sweetness to it. And despite it being a light scent, it makes its presence known.

Thank you so much Puddin' and Goblins for including this in my order! Add me to the list of folks wanting a big bottle of this!

Another cute handwritten decant with little blades of grass drawn on it. Gorgeous honey and fresh hay, very good for spring. I would have thought there was a floral here but I guess not.

Creamy honey, fresh hay, and a whiff of patchouli at the end of ground it with some dirt-like smell patch. This is like a golden field outside. Good throw and wear length.