Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

One of the Inner Moons, Metis is tidally locked to Jupiter. A scent of prudence, skill, and wise counsel, she is the perfect Moon to kick off a new year with a grounded, steady, firm foundation. Clary sage, oakmoss, white pine, and terebinth.

In the bottle: Lots of sage and a little pine.

Wet on my skin: Fresh sage and pine needles!

Dry: This is a very green, foresty-tree scent on me. The primary note is bright, realistic, fresh-picked sage, like the sweet mountain sage I occasionally bring in after hiking. Next are the white pine and terebinth, which smell to me like the needles and leaves (no bark), and terebinth has a particularly sharp scent that, along with the sage, brightens this so it's more of a golden-green sun-dappled forest than a green-brown forbidden forest. The oakmoss is the least-present note on my skin, serving more to soften the whole blend just enough that it's pretty rather than Pine-Sol. Metis doesn't have a whole lot of throw once dry, just wisps of sage and pine that I catch from time to time, but it has a definite presence within a foot or so of my skin. I think that with some aging it will strengthen and maybe darken a little as well.

I concur with everything the first poster says. Fresh, green, invigorating! This is the scent of how I feel after a long hike in the woods at the beginning of spring when the sun is warm and the snow has melted into mud, but there are still little patches of ice in the deepest shadows. I also think it's perfectly unisex. So much better than I imagined.

I love oakmoss

I love pine

heck, I even love clary sage, one of the first EOs I ever acquired when I started studying them about a decade ago.

metis is :heart: . on me it's OAKMOSS dusted in evergreen resin. a little dry; unisex in feel. not super xmas-y/forest-y. warm and grounding and calming. a real beauty.

low in throw and lasting only a few hours, but it only arrived yesterday.

I adore this. I have a no backup bottle rule, but I might break it for metis.

I am excited for this lunacy cycle, especially with this as the intro.

I couldn't go wrong buying a bottle blind. Oakmoss, Clary Sage, and Pine of any kind are LOVE :heart: :heart: :heart: notes.

Wet: Starts out with a cold blast of Pine. Oddly, the pine smells like its frosted over. Oakmoss starts to creep in on the drydown. Oakmoss, to me, always smells warm. So, as it slowly takes over the scent gets warmer and the initial impression of frosty pine fades. The Clary Sage starts to come out adding an herbal sweetness and that velvet-like sensation I get from Clary.

There is a period of time during the dry down this scent goes into Dark Rosaleen territory. But, it morphs away from that once its dry.

Dry: Oakmoss with sweet, fresh herbs (not cooking herbs though) and Pine. This scent is generally warm but with cold spots, if that makes sense. Like a sunlit forest where if you step under a shadow its still cool.

I absolutely love this scent from sniffing the bottle to complete dry down. It morphs but I love every stage. Metis being the first scent in the Moons of Jupiter series has made me really excited to see what's coming next.

I could only afford half a bottle, but seriously this is stunning.

In the bottle, I get the sage and something almost lemony. It's sharp, herbal and has everything I love about Pinesol with none of the cleaner fluid feeling.

On I'm still really getting the dusty herbal sage, this time with oakmoss really coming to the fore. It has a lot of pine sharpness, but there is a deep grounding to it that also gives this a mysterious feeling that I really love.

As it dries, it keeps a lot of that dry mysterious feeling that I love so much. It's also very strong on my skin, even after my small test application. This has a very cool overall feeling good to me, but as it dries, something a little sweet and almost wildflower like shows up that I really like. This is extremely evocative of high summer in Vermont where last year's pine needles crunch underfoot while the tree sap releases fragrance into the warm air.

I can't stop huffing myself and I think I'm going to need to hunt down some more of this because I think I'll wear this a lot.

Cool sage, pine, and a drop of oakmoss. This one is herbally mysterious. There's a coolness and aquaticness to this blend. It smells clean, and slightly masculine. Good throw and wear length.

I received a frimp of this, which is great because I was curious but wouldn't have gone out of my way to track it down. I always love trying the lunacies, even though it seems few of them work for me, for whatever reason (the Harvest Moons being the exception)

Wet: Wow, so much minty pine. I know mint isn't listed, but I am getting mint (to my nose). It's really fresh smelling. Sappy. Not really my cup of tea, but really interesting. As it's drying it reminds me a bit of Buckley's cough syrup - it makes my eyes water a bit, and kind of clears my sinuses, but it's not altogether unpleasant, just not my personal tastes. I can appreciate it for what it is.

Dry: The same - still quite minty on me, it tickles my nose a bit. Not for me, but I am glad to have tried it!

Sharp green notes hit my nose all at once. Herbal sage. Weed? :laugh: And a bed of pine needles. Oh and also...a bar of soap. I really love sage smudging, and wanted a nice clean, clarifying scent. But this clean in a bad way. Off to swaps, since I know it won't be soapy for everyone.

Misty, clean white pine with bright, herbal sage (I actually keep thinking it's chamomile) and a dry, earthy sort of oakmoss. I like my pine scents to be warmer and sweeter, as in Golden Priapus.