Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
puck_nc

Little Fairy Tales of History Bath Oil

The daydreams of flowers: honey and nectar gleaming like dew on delicate petals.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: I have discovered in the last couple of years that floral and sweet are frequently a winning combo for me. As long as the delicate petals aren't rose or violet, this should be good.

In the Bottle: Heady honey on a bed of pale springlike florals.

On my Skin: Airier and more balanced between the sweet and the floral. I can't identify any one floral other than there's almost certainly no rose or violet to go skanky. None of the florals are going high or sharp on me, so I suspect that there's no jasmine or lily either, but I could be wrong.

Verdict: A lovely soft floral, one I feel confident I could use in the shower before work. Glad I bought it.

I bought this because I adore sugary floral scents and thought this one might be like Butterfly Nectar. But Butterfly Nectar is far sweeter than this scent.

When this first arrived, I thought the first thing I thought was that this contained a yellow flower, and possibly some of the wildflowers in Venus Verticordia.

On my skin, I definitely get pale florals that are sweetened over time by the honey. But I am getting more of the florals from this than honey. It's probably the least sweet floral + honey scent that I own. The florals in this are soft, and the scent stays close to the skin.

I'll definitely be keeping my bottle, but I'm not sure that I need a back-up of it after all.

Honey and nectar indeed! This may have swept right to the top of my favorite scents *ever* from the Post. The honey is not the thick, rich honey I usually get, the overall scent is more subtle than that. But its loved note is definitely there, adding honeyed sweetness to the nectar. The nectar is more of a general floral scent than any particular flower.

I know it doesn't *read* like much from my description, but it's thoroughly gorgeous. I want to pour it in a spray bottle and use it as an allover body scent. It's just subtle enough I think I could get away with it, too.

I used some of this as moisturizer before bed. This is pretty much the only way I use the bath oils, as I find the idea of watching bpal go down the drain disturbing and distressing and I can't get past it.

This is amazing. I love sugary florals, so I had to have it.

I can't pick out the exact floral notes, but I do think I may detect some rose and some white florals. The honey note itself is a light floral honey, to my nose. This is gorgeous, and if you like sugary florals you owe it to yourself to try it! I will wear the heck out of this in spring.

I put a little on my skin as I don't take baths often. That said....

It's very light! Almost not there! Could just be my dry-ish skin though? It's a lightly sweet scent- more 'nectar' to me than honey, unless the lab's honey note has learned to stop stomping on things. There are some accompanying light floral smells, but nothing I can pick out individually ( I'm pretty weak at those in general though).

It's really nice, actually. Not my usual jam, so probably not a full bottle purchase, but maybe a decant or a partial? For days I'm feeling the feminine without needing my scent to scream it.

Honeyed nectar and sugary florals. This is a more delicate and sugary version than the Phlox or Passionflower bath oils. Spring-like, sugary delicate florals.

This is stunningly gorgeous.

This oil is sooooooooo soft and for some reason much more hydrating then my older/other TP bathoils :evol:
So I am super happy with it and I have using it every day since I have it, as an after shower!

The scent is light and not to overwhelmely sweet, even though it for sure IS sweet!

A little bit of honey and a looot of cute little flowers :wub3:

I was doubting a lot to get this one (cause I also had 3 atmo's to get from Crimson peak) but I have NO REGRETS at all!

I will be using his in summer when I shaved my legs and wanna go out!

To bad the lable is not plasticy, I know this will not survive it till the end, I hate throwing the empties away ...

It makes me sad that the scent has NO staying power whatsoever, because it's absolutely perfect. It's the promise and essence of spring, the mercurial perfect moments from innocent childhood.

Nectar and honey and maybe a bit of honeysuckle? Little Fairy Tales of History would make a great pairing with Nectar hair gloss or any honey-flower BPAL. This is a light, delicate scent that smells like dewy petals. Smells like spring!