Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

The Painted Rose Atmosphere Spray

One little mistake upsets all our arrangements: sugarplums, red rose petals, and sweet red patchouli.

For some reason, when I spray this, I get an awesome, blood-red painted rich music box, like made of mahogany, that has dried rose petals in it. The initial blast has a bit more of the fruit, but this mellows out into an extremely sexy, woodsy, voluptuous rose. It's super sexy. The red patchouli drips with a beautiful huskiness, and the rose petals don't overpower. It's still quite floral, though, so take that into account!

I agree that The Painted Rose is a sexy atmo. When sprayed in the air, it makes a room smell red and woody and sweet—dried rose petals, mellowed patch, and a bit of something candied and plummy. Sprayed on the sleeve of my shirt, I get a brighter rose and more patch. The sugarplum is toothsome but not overwhelming. Very nice!

Upon first squirt, the sugarplum is definitely the most prominent smell. Rose is quick to follow, but doesn't linger long for me. The red patchouli marches in and dominates the whole lot in very short order. I think it's nicer than a lot of patchoulis, with the sweetness of the sugarplum, a hint of fruit and a light floral note around the edges, but this is way too patchouli heavy for me. And when it dries down, I almost get nothing but patchouli. Will be passing this one on.

Fresh out of the mailbox!

Wow, a big blast of patchouli. I like patchouli, so I'm not mad at it. I also like rose though, and I'm still waiting for her to show up to this patchouli party. I can smell the sugarplum, sweet and a bit juicy. This is really nice, but I do hope once it has settled a bit more the rose becomes more prominent. Mmmm, I keep stuffing my face in the pillow I sprayed with this. So good. Maybe I don't even care if the rose ever shows up, I love this as it is. I just thought with a name like "The Painted Rose" there would be, well, rose. Either way! Love this.

It's probably the ace in me, but this definitely didn't come off as sexy- more.... Well, kind of like a well used witch's cabinent??

The rose and patch are the only notes I get and, on my linens, the rose is not super strong and is firmly reined in (and well mixed with) the patch. It's a grounded smell, rather earthy, almost spicy sort of smell. Very Woodsy, not floral at all.

It doesnt blow me away, but it's definitely nice and my favorite of the three atmos! Worth a try even if you are just 'okay' or 'iffy' with roses, as they do not dominate the scent at all. Worth a try period if you'd like something earthy without being totally dirt-y.

Deep pink roses, sugared plums, and a touch of earthy patchouli. Feminine, sugary, and deeply rosey floral. It's very nice.

In some ways, it makes me think of Marie Antoinette in Sofia Coppola's movie. That's the impression I get.